Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microchip

• 23-07-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Does anyone know how much vets charge for a small dog to be microchipped?
    just a rough price as ill be ringing around over the next few days.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

I've recently had my 3 dogs chipped and it was €20/each. The reciept says it's in conjunction w/ vaccinations (which it was) so I don't know if that was a reduced rate. They gave all the registration papers with the chip & doing the online registration was free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Best bet is to ring around, I've seen places charge €35-€40, my own vet did it for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

I got it done for 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Paid 40 notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

The DSPCA mobile clinic was doing it for 25 euro the past few weeks. chip, collar tag, registered online. Maybe give them a call to see if they're still doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

My Vet in Limerick charges 20€ for individual! I had a litter of pups just after Xmas and he did the 4 of them for 70€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

DSPCA are in Maxizoo in Maynooth this Saturday 28th 11.30 to 3.30 and Maxizoo in Naas on August 10th. 25 euro for microchipping.

Heres the link.

http://www.dspca.ie/cat_news_detail.jsp?itemID=3410&n=0&p=0

Also in Bray this Friday 27th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

iirc €14.50 but there were injections to pay for at the same time so the actual bill was more than that.

Certainly wouldn't entertain "40 notes" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

Wasn't expecting 40, was told 20, but what can ya do! Wasn't gonna ask him to suck it back out :p

Edit: And nto so bad thinking back on it, i brought her down for flea treatment, antibiotics, an anti inflammatory injection and to have her stitches out and wasnt charged for the consultation which was nice! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Wasn't expecting 40, was told 20, but what can ya do! Wasn't gonna ask him to suck it back out :p

We might sound like really mean pet owners but we phone up first and find out the prices if all standard proceedures, just talked to my wife and she's convinced the chip was €20 and I'm not going to argue with her ;).

btw did the vet check the chip with a reader for everyone else who has posted here to check it was reading OK before you left the surgery?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Hey, just a quick query. Can a vet change the details on a microchip? I recently rehomed a dog from the pound who was chipped, obviously I now want my details on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Melion wrote: »
    Hey, just a quick query. Can a vet change the details on a microchip? I recently rehomed a dog from the pound who was chipped, obviously I now want my details on it

The vet can't change details. You will need to contact the company who own the chip for advice or the organisation that the chip was implanted by.

Advertisement