Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bagatelle

Options
  • 23-07-2012 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

I know I'm probably going to lose any shred of street cred I had now after admitting I'd like to go and see Bagatelle!!
    Cant seem to find any details of upcoming gigs online??
    Can anyone help??
    Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I know I'm probably going to lose any shred of street cred I had now after admitting I'd like to go and see Bagatelle!!
    Cant seem to find any details of upcoming gigs online??
    Can anyone help??
    Cheers!!

All you need...

http://www.bagatelleireland.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

K.Flyer wrote: »

Thanks for that...of little use though as hasnt been updated since last year sometime! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Maybe they are not doing anything at the moment for to update it.
    But there are some contact numbers and an email address for more information on the site.
    Jim McQuillan
    041-9835433
    or email Bagatelle@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

They may not be playing Ireland any time soon, but they're bound to be playing Somewhere In Europe.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I saw them once. Oh I remember that Summer in Dublin, and the Liffey as it stank like hell....

....what, just saying, it was a good Summer.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Hi Longford Lass. This might be too late for you but Bagatelle will be in Dunboyne Castle Hotel on Stephen's Night if you're still looking for somewhere to see them!

Hey Siog Alainn.
    Thanks so much for that info...not sure I'll make it but ya never know?! Fingers crossed.
    Happy Christmas to you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭lollipop19

Hi there, i know this is an old thread but has anyone any up to date info on Bagatelle? Their website is still back in 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

Played Buncrana in the summer (early July) so still on the go.

Any idea of locations/dates folks??
    Website continues to be a joke!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Hi Longford Lass they are playing in The Purty Loft in Dun Loaire on Saturday 8th February ! Great venue !

Bit far to travel for a gig but thanks so much for your reply anyway.
    If you hear of any gigs in or around midlands area be sure to let me know.
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

hi Longford Lass

just to mention that Bagatelle are playing in Dublin later this month as part of the Temple Bar Trad Fest as part of a free event held on from 22nd, 23rd and 24th January which includes The Fureys, The Dublin City Ramblers, The Kilkennys & The Dublin Legends (formerly The Dubliners)".

http://www.templebartrad.com/Listofevents/bagatelle/

"An Audience with Irish Folk Legends’ is a new & unique event at Temple Bar TradFest 2014; FREE one-hour concerts featuring five legends of Irish folk".

"Taking place in the intimate setting of the bars of Temple Bar you’ll get the chance to see The Fureys, Bagatelle, The Dublin City Ramblers, The Kilkennys & The Dublin Legends (formerly The Dubliners)".

"Formed in 1978, are one of Ireland’s most popular groups. Fellow Irish musician Bono has even commented on the impact that Bagatelle had on U2 in the early days of their career. Bagatelle’s single ‘Summer in Dublin’ brought them international fame and many more hit singles including ‘Second Violin’, ‘Leeson Street Lady’, ‘Streets of New York’ and ‘Trump Card’ followed. The band have toured the world and shared the stage with musical legends such as U2, Bob Marley, The Boomtown Rats, Don MacLean and Christy Moore. In 2013 Bagatelle celebrated its 35th birthday".

Advertisement