Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CFL Bulbs

Options
  • 23-07-2012 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

I just starting to get my Greenhouse up and Running,

Since i Life in the City within Cork, I dont have much of a Back, so i have used as Little Space as i can buy building home made Hydroponics Systems, Both Drip Line and DWC made, i have a HPS bulb running at 250W, But since they are to Dear to Run, I cant really afford 3 of them in my Green house,

Was looking at CFL Bulbs, need ones with Colour Spec of 6400K of Growth, and 2700K for Bloom,

Do any one know good Sites that Sell Cheap? i tried Woodies and B and Q with no joy, was looking at maybe

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/reptiles/equipment/lighting/spot_lights/126100

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Have you tried Amazon? They might have them cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Yeah they seem Dear, plus their in Pounds..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

How about THIS one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

B&Q do sell both . But the 6400k are the screw type fitting. They dont sell a screw type holder. Which is a bit weird.

What are you growing?

I have a Raised Bed out the back, which isn't coming on at all this Year, i have all my Herbs out their. So with the Summer we had, it got me thinking

I knock down the Shed and put up a Wooden Frame Green house,,

I have so far Peppers, Chilli Pepers, Tomato's,

once my Hydro System is Made, i will be growing my Herbs indoors along with Green Beans, French Beans..

Etc.

• Advertisement

gsxr1 wrote: »
    B&Q do sell both . But the 6400k are the screw type fitting. They dont sell a screw type holder. Which is a bit weird.

What are you growing?

How much are they down in B&Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

What kinda wattage you looking for?
    Your local "grow your own;);)" shop will sell you a massive CFL growlight, but again they are expensive.

I went to an electrical wholesalers, got some Ecopal "lotus" bulbs in 6400k. 35W CFL. About 10euro ish each.(maybe 12 each - can't remember) Cheaper than B&Q anyway! Just used em to bring some chilli seedlings along, but I think now I shouldn't have dismantled the setup so early (depressingly dark here today!). But they were massively, obtrusively bright to be using in the kitchen where I had the plants!

I got them in Kellihers in Limerick - I think they have a place in Cork but there's plenty others I'd say.

langdang wrote: »
    What kinda wattage you looking for?
    Your local "grow your own;);)" shop will sell you a massive CFL growlight, but again they are expensive.

I went to an electrical wholesalers, got some Ecopal "lotus" bulbs in 6400k. 35W CFL. About 10euro ish each.(maybe 12 each - can't remember) Cheaper than B&Q anyway! Just used em to bring some chilli seedlings along, but I think now I shouldn't have dismantled the setup so early (depressingly dark here today!). But they were massively, obtrusively bright to be using in the kitchen where I had the plants!

I got them in Kellihers in Limerick - I think they have a place in Cork but there's plenty others I'd say.

I got a 125w 6400k off eBay for 20euros was looking to get about another 3 small 20 or 35w bulbs to give the plants more light,

And need to get 1 125w 2700k and about 3 or 4 35w red light for flowering,

Got a loan of a hps 250w bulb but I can't afford to run that all day long

I see that 35w Louts is a Warm Light CFL Bulb which is around 3000K

Daylight CFL are 5000+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Cork24 wrote: »
    I see that 35w Louts is a Warm Light CFL Bulb which is around 3000K

Daylight CFL are 5000+
    Also available in 4200 I think (maybe 4700 actually!). Definitely available in 6400k

• Advertisement

cheers i pop down to that shop tomorrow, and hope they have some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Chers, for the link I had a look at their stuff, I got 3 35w cfl down in dwyers

Just need to wire up the green house

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

gsxr1 wrote: »

What are you growing?

B&Q do BOTH screw and pin type bulbs 6400k - just check the boxes for which type is inside - ecopal is the make.

Advertisement