Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country fixtures winter 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Impressively quick response. Gerry Farnan is an open race.

Always. Right. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

RayCun wrote: »
    Sticking this thread for discussion of all these XC races, and any XC questions...

Date|Race|Location|Time (W/M)
    October 14|Dublin Novice Championships|Phoenix Park|1pm & 1.30pm
    October 21|Gerry Farnan (open race)|Phoenix Park|2.15pm & 3pm
    November 4|Junior Championships|Santry|1.15pm & 1.45pm
    November 4|Senior Championships|Santry|2.15pm & 3pm
    November 18|Dublin Intermediate Championships|Tymon Park|tbd
    January 13|Dublin Masters Championships|St Annes, Raheny|tbd

(Is the junior championship under-23s?)

Junior is a separate race (u-20). u23s is held within the Senior race usually. Sorry about the delay on this only saw this part of the post

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Some of the county Novice races are on this weekend - anyone running?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Some of the county Novice races are on this weekend - anyone running?

Yup I'm running in the Louth Novice this weekend. It's funny because there are only really three clubs in Louth with senior members and one of them doesn't enter a team in the novice so it's usually just ten lads from our club against about 50 from another club which has a much higher senior membership! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Wicklow Novice on tomorrow! I don't know how many times I've done it, some young little sh"t who has just turned an adult usually wins it ha, so I'm still eligible for it, maybe this year is my year ha!

60 taking part in a Novice race in a small county like Louth is impressive, In Wicklow we are lucky to get 30 out in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Timmaay wrote: »
    maybe this year is my year ha!

So tell us Timmaay, will you be running this next year? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

pconn062 wrote: »
    Yup I'm running in the Louth Novice this weekend. It's funny because there are only really three clubs in Louth with senior members and one of them doesn't enter a team in the novice so it's usually just ten lads from our club against about 50 from another club which has a much higher senior membership! :pac:

Ran this today, and yeah I think the field was fairly painted red alright.
    Nice day for it

Ran this today, and yeah I think the field was fairly painted red alright.
    Nice day for it

Yeah great day, we Dunleer folk were quite intimidated by the sheer number of red singlets! :D How'd you get on yourself?

wrstan wrote: »
    So tell us Timmaay, will you be running this next year? :rolleyes:

The infield next year will be a welcome relief! No new hotshot youngster this year so I knew I would be in the mix and might never have the chance again! But it was the hardest fought win ever, I got pushed every inch of the way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Connacht Cross Country dates below , maybe someone can update on the exact Ballina venue, If and when I know a venue re the 11th Nov event below then the inters venue will be updated here

Saturday, 13th October, Connaught Masters for men and women will take place in Calry, Co Sligo after the Connaught Primary Schools which start at 1pm. Men 6K and women 4K. Individuals and teams of 4.
    To get to Calry, as you enter Sligo town on dual carriageway, go through 6 sets of traffic lights on 7th set turn right (signposted Enniskillen) and proceed through small roundabout, past Sligo IT on your left to traffic lights and go straight through (i.e. leave Enniskillen road). Continue on for approx 2 miles until a garage on your left and playing fields on your right with clubhouse. Normally parking is adjacent to this garage and the race is held on the field behind the pitches on the shores of Lough Gill.

Sunday, 4th November, Connaught Seniors/Juniors for men and women will take place in Ballina, Co Mayo after the even ages boys and girls which start at 1pm.

Sunday, 11th November, Connaught Intermediate for men and women will take place in Galway (venue to be confirmed) after the uneven ages boys and girls which start at 1pm.

• Advertisement

pconn062 wrote: »
    Yeah great day, we Dunleer folk were quite intimidated by the sheer number of red singlets! :D How'd you get on yourself?
    Ah I got on grand thanks. I was really pleased with the time as I knocked 90 seconds off last year, however I held 3rd place until the final 200m and then two of my best mates passed me!!! One right on the finish line :D But I'm very happy with fifth and a team silver ;)
    We're all off to the intermediate on Sunday, will you be heading yourself?

Ah I got on grand thanks. I was really pleased with the time as I knocked 90 seconds off last year, however I held 3rd place until the final 200m and then two of my best mates passed me!!! One right on the finish line :D But I'm very happy with fifth and a team silver ;)
    We're all off to the intermediate on Sunday, will you be heading yourself?

5th is a great finishing position, well done, make sure the scalp the two of them on Sunday! Yes I will be at the intermediate, I blew up a bit the other day and lost two positions so looking to make amends!

Well I'll see you there so, best of luck!

Dublin Novice results are out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Dublin Novice results are out

Sorry I missed this looks like a ver strong field

Connacht Intermediate Cross Country (and uneven juvenile ages ) is on
    St Marys College, St Marys Road, Galway, November 11th , from 1pm ,
    Same venue as Schools All Irelands last year, good course

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

Anybody know what the course is like for the Leinster novices on Sunday? It's on in Avondale House, Rathdrum. Thanks

We held the Wicklow inters on it afew weeks back. For anyone who knows Avondale, the route they are using doesn't have the massive hill in it! (Still two moderate hills in the lap though ha). Its all on the lower part of Avondale this year, and will be about 2k in distance, so 3laps. Most of the course was in very good shape for the Wicklows, apart from one section up the top, which was boggy enough. I can only imagine that the rain from the last few weeks will have made it much tougher going, and I'd certainly expect quite abit of muck by the time the mens novice race is held! (I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near sligo levels last yr though ha!)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

foleyalan wrote: »
    Anybody know what the course is like for the Leinster novices on Sunday? It's on in Avondale House, Rathdrum. Thanks
    Strength sapping but strangely satisfying!

(I just like the alliteration, it's also true) :D

Cold and wet in Wiclow today. Tough course but team gold for us and a better performance for I.

Results all up on the precision timing website.

• Advertisement

Well done, looks like a good time in that field

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

wrstan wrote: »
    Strength sapping but strangely satisfying!

(I just like the alliteration, it's also true) :D

Well described. Can't feel my legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

Has anyone got directions to the XC in Dunboyne for this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

anyone know anything about national novice. whats the qualifying criteria for it?

Leinster intermediates results up on precision timing. Guess who won gold, again! :pac:

Sorry I missed this now.

eldiva wrote: »
    anyone know anything about national novice. whats the qualifying criteria for it?

No qualifying criteria once you've not medal at novice or higher level in the past.

Ask your club about being registered for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Leinster intermediates results up on precision timing. Guess who won gold, again! :pac:

Sorry I missed this now.

I see Claralara finally got a medal after 3 near misses ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    I see Claralara finally got a medal after 3 near misses ;)

And if she'd not been taking it easy she, they'd have been less embarrassed by the Gold winners. :cool:

eldiva wrote: »

You need to be AAI registered club member, over 19 , and not have won medals at National events before ..( but only as an adult athlete )

Check out page 27 of the rule book!

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/competition-book-may-2012-1.pdf

• Advertisement

Anyone know what Sunday's route is? Don't like the late starts for these races, whole day ends up being taken up for a 16 minute race...

Advertisement