Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country fixtures winter 2012/13

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

The thought of running the novice on Sunday is simultaneously terrifying and exhilarating.

Much prefer longer distances and easing into races but I think you've got to get out quickly in xc, particularly with a field like this, so am going to try and/or die.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

I'm down to do this. Course looks nice and flat compared to Dublin Novice. However not liking the sound of mudbath. As for winner think Paul Stephenson is in with a huge chance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sacksian wrote: »
    The thought of running the novice on Sunday is simultaneously terrifying and exhilarating.

I was ok till I looked at that map.

3k they said. It's 4k. I feel betrayed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

The novice is usually on a decent enough course, Dungarvan a few years ago and the Curragh last year were very quick, although Ballyhaise was a different story...

Ugh 14:45 for the womens race kickoff (probably more likely to be 15:00)

This is what I don't like about this. Whole day surrounding a short race..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/?p=29151

Preview up.
    Some good runners there in the mens Brady/ Kelly/Luke Forde

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I would have more sympathy if I didn't have to be there three hours earlier for the kids race :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

This is also my baptism of fire in terms of XC, kind of good to know there are a few here who know they're just making up the numbers too, but looking forward in a sadistic sort of way :) Today's weather just adding to the inevitable mud bath...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

Ugh 14:45 for the womens race kickoff (probably more likely to be 15:00)

Where did you find race start times? So men's race looking like 3:30?

foleyalan wrote: »
    Where did you find race start times? So men's race looking like 3:30?

AAI website - http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/timetable-for-sunday.pdf

Men due to start at 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Best of luck of all on here running tomorrow, don't forget to day hello, it.would be nice to put a face to some.of the names :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Well done to Adamstown AC, Well organised event, parking, Stewards, well laid out course, everything seem to run smooth.
    I believe there were issue's with the timing this is unacceptable in my view.

Great race again as usual, and again lighting fast, i think i was actually last coming out of the starting pen's:eek:. Found it hard to make back any ground in the first half lap, but was picking off a few all the same, and it was a bit like this for the rest of the race with place hard to get, as you expect.

Finished just inside top 80, happy enough with that.

How did everyone else get on ?

160th, so I was probably behind you as we left the pens:). Enjoyed the race though, the atmosphere was good and the course was tough but fair.

RayCun wrote: »
    160th, so I was probably behind you as we left the pens:). Enjoyed the race though, the atmosphere was good and the course was tough but fair.

You beat a 2:55 marathon runner...

Womens results still not up, don't know my position or time. They had that all sorted before the mens were even announced :confused:

You sound surprised ;)

RayCun wrote: »
    You sound surprised ;)

Not at all. Just letting you know what you're expected to aim for in your next marathon :D

that reminds me, there's a thread I want to start...

Womens results still not up, don't know my position or time. They had that all sorted before the mens were even announced :confused:

I see There's deffo 1 name missing from the men's results. Maybe they had problems with chip timing? Also No Raheny on team results and they had four runners all four finished. Super fast race and well organised too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

150th, which I'm happy enough with considering. Being my first XC, I really didn't expect that sort of pace, they absolutely flew out of the traps but I stuck with my plan of starting conservatively and making up the places. I checked my garmin afterwards and averaged a 6:08 min/mile so it's a real indication of the work required if you want to be competitive in these races.

Overall it was very well organised, great track, nice atmosphere and a real experience running for a team. There was a great togetherness you just don't get in the road races. Looking forward to a few more of these now, back to the hills :(

foleyalan wrote: »
    I see There's deffo 1 name missing from the men's results. Maybe they had problems with chip timing? Also No Raheny on team results and they had four runners all four finished. Super fast race and well organised too.

Was that you piggybacking on the Donore tent? I thought I recognised it as you but didn't want to scare the poor chap if it wasn't. :)

Ladies results are here http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/novice-women-adamstown1.pdf

Agree that it was very well organised - credit to the guys in Adamstown. Signposted all the way in from Enniscorthy, parking was painless, plenty of stewarding in the 'town', a shop and tea, coffee soup etc in the field and a fair course. Then it came down to the AAI's end of things with the results.. :rolleyes:

Edit: There was a bit of hassle with the mens numbers and teams as well, again, the AAI's end of things. Prizegiving was held up because Laois were in the running for a county team medal but some people who'd been registered for Laois weren't down on the Laois team and there's STILL no Laois team on the results. Nightmare.

• Advertisement

Was that you piggybacking on the Donore tent? I thought I recognised it as you but didn't want to scare the poor chap if it wasn't. :)

Ladies results are here http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/novice-women-adamstown1.pdf

Agree that it was very well organised - credit to the guys in Adamstown. Signposted all the way in from Enniscorthy, parking was painless, plenty of stewarding in the 'town', a shop and tea, coffee soup etc in the field and a fair course. Then it came down to the AAI's end of things with the results.. :rolleyes:

Edit: There was a bit of hassle with the mens numbers and teams as well, again, the AAI's end of things. Prizegiving was held up because Laois were in the running for a county team medal but some people who'd been registered for Laois weren't down on the Laois team and there's STILL no Laois team on the results. Nightmare.

Yeah that was me alright. Thanks for a loan of the tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Does anyone know the course for the Dublin Masters' XC on Sunday? Is there a regular loop in Anne's?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

There's some photos from yesterday's masters Cross Country here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86489211@N00/sets/72157632510807693/

Advertisement