Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disability advocacy

Options
  • 23-07-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

as part of a campaign to try and get more disabled people vocal about cuts and their care needs i have been awarded a free print run of 5,000 postcards from 'the postcard company dun laoghaire, would value opinion on these please...in anticipation ann

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

What do you mean by get equal on your cards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

what i mean is this.... just one idea on this will explain....most people walk...if you cannot, you will sit at home...if being able to get around means wheelchairs you need that...if you need an electric one you will be on a list for 18mths for one
    if you cannot move around your home you could be put in a home, if as is your right in law, to stay in your own home you need work done internally you can apply for a grant, but this can be limited.
    to be equal just in these areas at present does not always apply.
    equality means quality or equal to do the things most people would expect, cut backs are scary and they are applying these to the least able, disabled people must become vocal to become equal, when the seniors walked to the dail they effected the change to a heinious cut to their quality of living...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

This is a great idea and fair play to you for doing this.

The only feedback I can give is that the background in each image is slightly too strong in that it takes away from the message. That's just my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Moved from Wicklow

sorry new to 'boards.ie' what do you mean 'moved from wicklow?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

sorry new to 'boards.ie' what do you mean 'moved from wicklow?'

Your thread was not Wicklow specific so it was moved to the proper location which is here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lexicographer

Liked the message, think it will only appeal to younger people, hopefully that is your target audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its a great idea and that you've managed to get a free run is awesome.
    But those sample images you've shown are too noisy, I'd suggest you see about getting a professional designer to design them for you.

Perhaps some people in the Digital Art & Design forum (or the like) could give you some pointers.

hi thanks for this comment, I am 60yrs and vibrant and although it has to be the younger audience now to catch, what i am saying is: if you are not in, you cannot win.
    complacency in Life stuffs progress and if people suffer and know they suffer no point complaining if they dont become vocal and target the main protagonist that hinders a feeling of less suffering and progress.
    complaining goes into the ether if unchecked.
    the design has been done and now the blurb on the reverse has to be considered. this card is supposed to hit hard, so anyone with a view of what should be on the back please give it.
    aimed at those with disabilities to SHOUT and complain, in a positive way to produce results. but first to SHOUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lexicographer

I would suggest positive suggestions on how to complain successfully and get involved successfully. A suggestion would be 'You are equal, so act like it, something in your way, how can YOU change it.' Maybe I am off target but also maybe some useful websites.

• Advertisement

no thats the gist drift ok and i was thinking of Get Equal-Get Vocal and then a small one liner and maybe some links, but i tend to waffle so still thinking on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭winsumlusum

hi thanks for this comment, I am 60yrs and vibrant and although it has to be the younger audience now to catch, what i am saying is: if you are not in, you cannot win.
    complacency in Life stuffs progress and if people suffer and know they suffer no point complaining if they dont become vocal and target the main protagonist that hinders a feeling of less suffering and progress.
    complaining goes into the ether if unchecked.
    the design has been done and now the blurb on the reverse has to be considered. this card is supposed to hit hard, so anyone with a view of what should be on the back please give it.
    aimed at those with disabilities to SHOUT and complain, in a positive way to produce results. but first to SHOUT.
    mention law and any aspect of law that may help like Equality legislation. Get legal advice before doing so though. Just notice the last post was in August. How did it go?

how did it go? the card was published, simple with a bird flying through a cloud just as the rays of sun were shining beneath, no response whatsoever, what this says is anyones guess, but protests within disability groups since the 80's is way down, there is a major march against cuts for the vulnerable on the 21st november, my twin and self would welcome 'pushers' of manual wheelchairs, we shall be wearing our very distinctive pink bowler hats!

Advertisement