Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Saithne Green/Crescent Shower Question

Options
  • 23-07-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I'm just looking to hear from anyone in the Dun Saithne Green/Crescent area. We bought a house last year but there was no shower installed so we're going to get that done in the next few weeks.

It seems what type of shower I get depends on a number of factors. The ideal would be an electric shower that heats the water but apparently you need to have something installed to take that much electricity. I'm wondering if the houses were built with it installed.

Has anyone on here in these houses had a shower installed? If so, what type did you get and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

just to let you know Argos have them half price at the moment.Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

As Balbriggan has been known to suffer from low water pressure levels I went for an Aqualisa Aquastream pump shower. It's a pricey shower but I'm delighted with it myself with the power it gives.
    This shower doesn't heat the water though. That needs to be done from the gas boiler or less preferably from the immersion.
    I was looking at Triton showers too for instant hot water but was advised by an electrician that he would need to run a cable from the fuse box in the hall up to the shower. Not sure how good these work though as I went for the other option

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

EF wrote: »
    As Balbriggan has been known to suffer from low water pressure levels I went for an Aqualisa Aquastream pump shower. It's a pricey shower but I'm delighted with it myself with the power it gives.
    This shower doesn't heat the water though. That needs to be done from the gas boiler or less preferably from the immersion.
    I was looking at Triton showers too for instant hot water but was advised by an electrician that he would need to run a cable from the fuse box in the hall up to the shower. Not sure how good these work though as I went for the other option

Thanks Dude. I think we'll be taking the same route as yourself. The cable is the item I couldn't recall in my original post. It seems a shame that the houses didn't have this feature built in.
    We'll need to go with a set-up that has the gas heat the water first. Will Google the shower model you mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Thanks Dude. I think we'll be taking the same route as yourself. The cable is the item I couldn't recall in my original post. It seems a shame that the houses didn't have this feature built in.
    We'll need to go with a set-up that has the gas heat the water first. Will Google the shower model you mentioned above.

Yeh it would have been an easy job to run a cable up while the houses were being constructed but it wasn't done for some reason unfortunately. It's fairly straightforward to get the pump shower installed instead anyway, what you lose in constant hot water, you gain in power & probably slightly lower costs as you won't be having too lengthy showers :)

Advertisement