Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volvo Ocean race performers

Options
  • 23-07-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hello

I have a query I was hoping someone may be able to answer. I was in Galway on the 6th and 7th for the Volvo race and there was an excellent troupe of performers going around the harbour area. They were a mixture of acrobats, musical performers etc which moved around the harbour on a selection of modified bikes for want of a better way of describing them. They were very unusual and very good.

My question is does anyone know what they were called or where they are from?

I would just add that the whole Volvo experience in Galway was brilliant. I have seen other more traditional sailing ports host these events over the years right back to the old Whitbread round the world race and I cannot think of a city that has done it better. I know a huge ammount of effort goes into it but I hope Galway do host it again. Considering the positive benefits maybe central government can offer assistance in 2014. Either way well done and thanks for 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

LUXe Street Theatre I believe they're called, can't find a website or anything for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

don't know the troupe's name but the name of the track that they were pumping out was Mahalageasca (Dub Shantel Rmx) by the Mahala Raï Banda.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Think Buí Bolg from Wexford also had people up for street performance.
    Not sure if Arcana were involved in street stuff, but I'd be surprised if not, given the connection to the event itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They were involved in one of the festivals in the so called 'Latin Quarter' last year as well.
    Are you looking to book them for something? I will put out a nosey tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

Thanks very much for the info including the name of the music......that was also great so I shall be hunting that down.

thesandeman - thanks for the offer but I was just curious really. If I ever did have a sizable event planned though they would be top of my list for booking.

Cheers folks

• Advertisement
Advertisement