Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to Mayo

Options
  • 23-07-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there,
    Hoping to return to Mayo when last baby leaves the nest in a couple of years. This will be our last of many moves so I want to plan it properly. Thinking of Westport as we would like to be near sea, also town for when we are older.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is Westport very expensive? Also would finding jobs be nightmare?
    I love when we head west. People are definitely more chilled and friendlier!!!
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Hi there,
    Hoping to return to Mayo when last baby leaves the nest in a couple of years. This will be our last of many moves so I want to plan it properly. Thinking of Westport as we would like to be near sea, also town for when we are older.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is Westport very expensive? Also would finding jobs be nightmare?
    I love when we head west. People are definitely more chilled and friendlier!!!
    Many thanks

depends on what type of job your are looking for.

check out www.lookwest.ie a website designed for what you have in mind which is moving west.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Westport is very nice but do look around the area.
    I'd decide after the employment since you're not sure yet where you'll work?
    Louisburgh next door is a cheaper option as is Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nephin girl

Thanks, it's great to get feedback.

Will definitely have a look at that site, it could be very useful:)

Advertisement