Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invoices on iPad/iPhone

Options
  • 23-07-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently purchased an apple iPad, and I'd like to use it in my roofing contracting business, as it's very portable. Particularly, to create and send invoices and estimates would be great (I can save mounds of paper).

But i've yet to find anything that really fits my needs. Are there any recommendations/reviews on a program that can create and send estimates and invoices on an iPad? Or even an iPhone?

Craig

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Excel template, screen shot, mail image file?

Excel template, convert to PDF, mail PDF?

There's an app called "numbers" which is essentially the same as excel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 johnsmith13

Other then using an Excel type program you should look more into a Cloud option that way when you are onsite you can do up a quotes but when you get home and want to us you computer\laptop it will still be waiting there for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Apple have their own equivalent of Excel/Word such as Apple Pages.

there are numerous apps/web sites(cloud) that allow you to generate invoices and track payments,

Google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://invoice2go.com/

This might be suitable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Craig_45

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://invoice2go.com/

This might be suitable ?

This seems like something I'd be looking for. Does anyone have experience using this program?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

You could use a cloud or online accounts package which will do invoices for you and is accessed by safari on the iPhone or iPad. You could login and create the invoice whenever you needed and email it right away to the customer from your email address via the software.

This can make it very quick and easy and saves you having to remember to create the invoice later. The advantage of this over just an invoicing app which creates/records invoices is it will tie into your accounts so you can see in the accounts package how much money each customer currently owes you, what invoices it related to and how long it is outstanding. If a customer pays you, record it on the customer account and the balance they owe you is updated. Same with suppliers - record an invoice received and a payment sent with your bank - record money in and out / income and expenditure. This means that you can then run your VAT report based on the information you already entered and save having to pay someone to do all that for you.

Now, it may not suit to do all of the above on a mobile device but you can easily do simple tasks like creating an invoice on your mobile device and then log in from your Mac/PC/laptop at a later stage and do the rest if you wanted.

Another option for you would be an app. You can, as referenced above get an app that will just create or record invoices for you if you wanted. This will just look after this task for you.

You can alternatively purchase an accounts package that has an app meaning you can access your data and enter details via a mobile device and this updates your accounts package back at the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Craig_45

Herbalist wrote: »
    You could use a cloud or online accounts package which will do invoices for you and is accessed by safari on the iPhone or iPad. You could login and create the invoice whenever you needed and email it right away to the customer from your email address via the software.

This can make it very quick and easy and saves you having to remember to create the invoice later. The advantage of this over just an invoicing app which creates/records invoices is it will tie into your accounts so you can see in the accounts package how much money each customer currently owes you, what invoices it related to and how long it is outstanding. If a customer pays you, record it on the customer account and the balance they owe you is updated. Same with suppliers - record an invoice received and a payment sent with your bank - record money in and out / income and expenditure. This means that you can then run your VAT report based on the information you already entered and save having to pay someone to do all that for you.

Now, it may not suit to do all of the above on a mobile device but you can easily do simple tasks like creating an invoice on your mobile device and then log in from your Mac/PC/laptop at a later stage and do the rest if you wanted.

Another option for you would be an app. You can, as referenced above get an app that will just create or record invoices for you if you wanted. This will just look after this task for you.

You can alternatively purchase an accounts package that has an app meaning you can access your data and enter details via a mobile device and this updates your accounts package back at the office.

I definitely agree that the package you describe in the first paragraph would be great. My only reservation would be that the screen would be so small and difficult to use on a mobile device like a tablet or cellphone (I have fat fingers and bad eyes!). That's why I think an app, or something optimized for a smaller screen would be awesome. Like the solution you described in the last paragraph!

Have you tried any of the above mentioned packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Craig_45 wrote: »
    This seems like something I'd be looking for. Does anyone have experience using this program?

You can download it free from the app store.

Advertisement