Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stag party gets pwnd on facebook

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

After working in a hotel in front office ive seen many a husband cheat on his wife with either another woman or a man, the wife would phone looking for her husband. It was a hard position to be in but I never said nothing.

Many a stag break items which they have to pay for. We've had people coming in through windows, half naked. People taking a dump on the stair case, pucking up all over the room and bed, peeing the the bed. There have been a few fights too.

TBH im delighted the hotel told her, i would stay there with my kids, knowing that they dont take to disruptions or bad behaviour, sounds like a great place for a family.

stovelid wrote: »
    Didn't

Those or the.

Their.

You forgot "alot" :pac:
    Love how it's the girl getting abuse here over her spelling over what her fiance and his pals got up to in the hotel
    The thread title is about the stag party getting pwnd, not her, so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Love how it's the girl getting abuse here over her spelling over what her fiance and his pals got up to in the hotel.

Ah to be fair, she's getting the abuse because of her classy post to the hotel. Plus, he's a big boy, why did she feel the need to complain on his behalf....and in such an eloquent way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

I don't understand all the hatred towards this young lady.
    In my opinion she's showing quite a lot of class.
    Although it's a special needs class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Most of us have partied in hotel rooms and even got reprimanded by the staff for it. And shock horror a female guest joined them in the room and drugs may have been taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

ash23 wrote: »
    Ah to be fair, she's getting the abuse because of her classy post to the hotel. Plus, he's a big boy, why did she feel the need to complain on his behalf....and in such an eloquent way...

Exactly and you can guarantee she didn't hear the full story of events from him either. He more than likely told her they didn't provide them anything and wouldn't give them their deposit back for no reason at all.

Most of us have partied in hotel rooms and even got reprimanded by the staff for it. And shock horror a female guest joined them in the room and drugs may have been taken.

But would you then go home to your betrothed and complain that the hotel kept your security deposit, knowing that the reason they did so was because you had a woman and drugs in your room? Or would you do the sensible thing and keep schtum?
    I pity the fool.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

IrishAm wrote: »
    Hotel acted the bollix. No proof the hubby to be did anything wrong. He is not responsible for his pals. The golden rule when working in hotels is confidentiality.

A post with the word bollix in it, thanked by 2 stroke and testicle, brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

The young girl has probably had her life ruined by the flutes working in the hotel implying that her fiance was cheating and now by flutes on the internet speculating.

For all we know her hubby to be could have been passed out drunk whilst his buddies acted the bollix.

Well done, lads. Really cool.

As for looking up her Facebook and posting the link on this thread. Words fail me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

testicle wrote: »
    Remember, she's a busy woman, so don't waste her time.
    <snip>

Oooops busy woman's mobile is up there, about to have a very tough week Id say!

'nd let evry tourist i know from my job all about dis sceeming hotel'

This explains it, english isnt her first language and she assists foreign tourists in their native language. At least it better be that anyway or some tourist place is employing an loon.

She is a wowza though in fairness to her. Probably stands out in Birr quite a bit so her ballsy 'tude is down to all the attention she gets from the knuckle draggers of a weekend. Have to imagine she's hard hard hard hard hard work. And not the good hard.

But would you then go home to your betrothed and complain that the hotel kept your security deposit, knowing that the reason they did so was because you had a woman and drugs in your room? Or would you do the sensible thing and keep schtum?
    I pity the fool.....

No I always go home and say oh yeah I was partying and doing drugs in the hotel and I got thrown out and the police were called to anybody that will listen. I'd even hire a skywriter to display it over work.

Plus there was a woman in the room with how many men. Unless women are not allowed to do that for fear of being hookers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Hotel acted the bollix. No proof the hubby to be did anything wrong. He is not responsible for his pals. The golden rule when working in hotels is confidentiality.

The woman in question publicly threatened to bring the hotel to small claims court - they had as much right to comment as she did.

On a personal note, I know the owners of this hotel very well. They are lovely, professional people and take the reputation of their hotel very seriously. Trust me, they are discreet! On this occasion however, I say fair play to them for defending themselves. They could have lost business over these claims.

bluewolf wrote: »
    You forgot "alot" :pac:

The thread title is about the stag party getting pwnd, not her, so...

The title has been overtaken by events. Its all about her.

Regarding the stag, nothing unlikely or unexpected there, so the 'meh' has shifted the focus to Biffette

Larbre34 wrote: »
    She is a wowza though in fairness to her. Probably stands out in Birr quite a bit so her ballsy 'tude is down to all the attention she gets from the knuckle draggers of a weekend. Have to imagine she's hard hard hard hard hard work. And not the good hard.

Christ almighty, what is this bollix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

This. The hotel also seems to have kept (stolen) €700 when surely they should have just deducted any extra costs and returned any surplus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Facebook Page not found?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Oooops busy woman's mobile is up there, about to have a very tough week Id say!

'nd let evry tourist i know from my job all about dis sceeming hotel'

This explains it, english isnt her first language and she assists foreign tourists in their native language. At least it better be that anyway or some tourist place is employing an loon.

Is she not
    Full time stay at home mummy! and i love it.
    Whats her job then?

The woman in question publicly threatened to bring the hotel to small claims court - they had as much right to comment as she did.

Hotels and their staff are threatened with court proceedings on a regular basis. The pros smile and nod, the amateurs react like you friends did.

• Advertisement

donalg1 wrote: »

A post with the word bollix in it, thanked by 2 stroke and testicle, brilliant.

Hit that thanks button Dr Bollocko...

Christ almighty, what is this bollix?

Bollocks.

It's AH. Willkommen.

The woman is only relevant because she was a guest who hadn't been paid for. And they had to call the gardaí to remove her. And she disrupted the other guests. I don't think the hotel referred to her as a hooker? She probably was just picked up by one of the guys in the stag party.

Fun for you - not so much fun for the other guests who've paid good money for their stay or the hotel staff who are left to deal with a bunch of drunken idiots and a host of complaining guests.

Is she not
    Full time stay at home mummy! and i love it.
    Whats her job then?

Another case blown wide open by JATFM. Whats her job indeed?

If she has, perchance, let her own cat out of the bag regarding her employment status as against that potentially declared to certain instruments of the state, then this truly could be the ultimate pwnd......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Welease wrote: »
    The hotel did respond on that.. They didn't arrange the stag (it was another company - Stagit) and the drinks and food was booked for another venue (and clearly stated on the itinenary) which they never turned up at.
    It's not the hotels fault.

http://imgur.com/NOZUJ

"is it save to say..."

This really annoys me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Hotels and their staff are threatened with court proceedings on a regular basis. The pros smile and nod, the amateurs react like you friends did.

And do not attempt to defend themselves?

They offered to do it privately but that offer was not taken up.

If you have accusations thrown at you, you have a right to defend yourself.

Amateurs? Far from it, my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

The young girl has probably had her life ruined by the flutes working in the hotel implying that her fiance was cheating and now by flutes on the internet speculating.

For all we know her hubby to be could have been passed out drunk whilst his buddies acted the bollix.

As for looking up her Facebook and posting the link on this thread. Words fail me.

Facebook is a public thing. If you have a profile and post crap on it then it may come back to bite you. People need to learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

My ex went to the same secondary school as her (i think she was in her year), i'm going to give her a call later and get all the gossip on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

bit melodramatic!! life ruined?? and she is the one that went public in the first instance vowing to let as many as she could know the faults of the hotel on secondary information. She made her bed.
    lots here trying to defend her now is ridiculous,
    Her spelling/text is awful and deserves to be ridiculed so to discourage her and people from using it in the future
    She took it upon herself to "out" this hotel, not the boyfriend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

So which nice boardsie has sent her the link to this thread to defend herself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

reprazant wrote: »
    And do not attempt to defend themselves?

They offered to do it privately but that offer was not taken up.

If you have accusations thrown at you, you have a right to defend yourself.
    They should still have kept it confidential IMO. Their first response would have sufficed. It looks terribly unprofessional IMO to broadcast the particulars of the night, even if in self defence. That said, she made a fool of herself by going off on one publicly (instead of an email or phone-call) with assumptions and incorrect info that the finger-food etc was laid on by the hotel.
    Bringing a guest back and doing drugs and making a bit of noise (within reason - not to the extent that reception is "inundated with complaints") are nothing unusual for a stag or hen etc - I personally wouldn't see a problem with them, but they are breaches of hotel rules and the reasons for the deposits not being returned. Can't argue with that. And as for: "When the stag party were checking out they used threatening and abusive behaviour towards other guests, infront of children and to hotel staff. It was when a member of the party jumped the reception counter to physically hurt a member of staff Gardai were called again" - well definitely no arguing with a reprimand for that.

I didn't get the impression either that the rule-breaking was being attributed solely to the girl's partner or that he was the one who brought the girl back.

Awful malicious behaviour by Joe.ie though.

And as for people commenting on her kids' appearances - how pathetic IS that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

There's a chance the husband put up the €700 deposit rather than €50 from each guest, so he then had to explain why they were now down €700 they thought they were guaranteed to get back. I doubt he would have mentioned it if he was just down €50.

Although in saying that, often these types shout about the injustice of losing the group deposit, completely disregarding their own actions that caused it to come about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I don't understand how people are defending her and her husband-to-be's neanderthal friends. They trashed the place, she went public about something she obviously knew nothing about and imo the hotel has every right to defend itself. The fact she is being ridiculed for being unable to type properly in her first language is just a hilarious by-product. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

tdv123 wrote: »
    I don't know what it's about because of this, I only read the first 2 lines & lost patients with it & didn't bother reading the rest.

You mean patience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

is the hotel page cancelled i cant view it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hilarious story. People picking on her kids need to cop on however.

Lessons learned... the internet is permanent! And, never have a public profile on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

She was trying to publicly damage the reputation of the Hotel..... Hotel has a right to reply, which it did.

Not once did the Hotel say that her husband had yer wan in the room, just that there was a female non guest there. All of the assumptions are in the readers minds, rightly or wrongly.

This shrill harpie tried it on... got bit, probably doesnt even deflect her one iota...If there is anything remotely not true in what the Hotel has said, I would be surprised. Her statement on the other hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The Dagda wrote: »
    This. The hotel also seems to have kept (stolen) €700 when surely they should have just deducted any extra costs and returned any surplus.

Meh. Go to a hotel, act the maggot and that's what happens. It's hardly impossible to go out on the piss and not wreck a place. Some people go on stag/hen parties and for some reason think personal responsibility can be left at home.

Having said that as much as I've lolled I don't really think the hotel responded in the most professional manner but hey as above, post a stupid message and don't be surprised by a smackdown. Having worked in customer services I would have loved to have had the freedom to say the same kind of thing to many self righteous customers.

Well this thread has turned into a pretty big witchhunt. I've never heard of this hotel, but I'll be damned sure not to stay with them in future and I can imagine others won't; posting things publicly on Facebook for loads to see is pretty poor behavior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

When she made a public post accusing the hotel of stealing deposits, the hotel had the choice of explaining their side of the story, or deleting her post. The latter can make you look like you're just trying to hide the accusation which implies guilt.

I don't think it was very professional divulging all that info, they could have kept it a bit more discrete which is what guests expect from a hotel - so I wonder will the extra publicity be better or worse from them overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well this thread has turned into a pretty big witchhunt. I've never heard of this hotel, but I'll be damned sure not to stay with them in future and I can imagine others won't; posting things publicly on Facebook for loads to see is pretty poor behavior.

Well it's a pretty serious allegation against the hotel which they offered to sort out over pm's, so I assume she either declined or wouldn't listen.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The hotel needed to protect its reputation. The woman found it appropriate to do this in the view of public and they even offered to talk about it privately. Either way, she was going to get the truth and I see no wrong by the hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Yeah and yelling verbal abuse in front of kids on holidays before jumping the hotel reception counter to attack the poor staff who are out working to pay the bills.

- Why are you so keen to associate/align yourself with this filth stovelid??????

Odd.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

screw you grammer nazi's it's math nazi time
    17 people @ €50 = €850
    so where do we think the missing €150 went?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Cianos wrote: »
    When she made a public post accusing the hotel of stealing deposits, the hotel had the choice of explaining their side of the story, or deleting her post. The latter can make you look like you're just trying to hide the accusation which implies guilt.

I don't think it was very professional divulging all that info, they could have kept it a bit more discrete which is what guests expect from a hotel - so I wonder will the extra publicity be better or worse from them overall.

I wouldn't stay there now, they've made the groom look very bad which could end up in his relationship breaking up. The "lady could have been with any of the party.
    They charged €700 for "cleaning", a cost which is included when you book the room, the hotel hasn't said anywhere that any damage was done so €700 is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

The lady doth protest too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

my thoughts exactly let him do his own complaining, if the hotel really were in the wrong there shouldn't be any reason for him not too, right?... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭liamhana

My 2cents worth:
    Hotel decides that it hasnt had much luck attracting stags/hens and the ones it attracts are too much hassle, It has a name for being that sort of a venue, decides to change tact & go after a family market....now how do you get the message out there.....cue marketing genius.

Only fault I find in this is that it names stagit & no marketing guru would risk another company's ire.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I have kids and I'd definitely prefer to stay in a hotel who puts a holidaying familys needs before that of a gang of stoned, abusive, violent, intellectually deficient Scumbags.

- I think Treacys is one of the scarce examples of Irish Society not handing our tracksuit filth everything they demand and tolerating their daily doses of utterly shít behaviour.

They deserve our respect and support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement