Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stag party gets pwnd on facebook

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭crybaby

Where is this 700 euro figure coming? I thought 17 men went on the stag?

A 700 euro charge for bringing someone back, smoking in the room and being noisy seems a bit excessive unless they trashed the rooms. Why didn't they just take the money from the rooms that needed cleaning I doubt the lads were partying in different rooms all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

The "lady could have been with any of the party.
    I agree the hotel should not have divulged the details but where did they indicate otherwise?
    They charged €700 for "cleaning", a cost which is included when you book the room, the hotel hasn't said anywhere that any damage was done so €700 is a joke
    True. But presumably it's a non smoking room, so that would mean some extra cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

posting things publicly on Facebook for loads to see is pretty poor behavior.

Er, you do realise she was the one who started this publically in the first place, right?

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

crybaby wrote: »
    Where is this 700 euro figure coming? I thought 17 men went on the stag?

A 700 euro charge for bringing someone back, smoking in the room and being noisy seems a bit excessive unless they trashed the rooms. Why didn't they just take the money from the rooms that needed cleaning I doubt the lads were partying in different rooms all night.

In fairness the hotel did offer to keep the information private but she didn't seem too interested.

Three of the lads could have behaved themselves in another room, receiving the deposit back the following day. That might explain the €150 discrepancy.

Baneblade wrote: »
    screw you grammer nazi's it's math nazi time
    Mazi! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

IrishAm wrote: »
    Hotel acted the bollix. No proof the hubby to be did anything wrong. He is not responsible for his pals. The golden rule when working in hotels is confidentiality.
    Rubbish. She kept posting up negative comments about the hotel pubicly, even when asked to contact them privately.
    And the golden rule when working in hotels is confidentiality? More bollocks, it's not a doctors surgery. The golden rule is cleanliness, courteous staff, good food and value for money. The hotel never said the hubby did anything wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

The hotel's first mistake was taking bookings from a site called Stagit. There's only ever going to be one result from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Seriously though, if she'd just rung the hotel to complain (which I thought would have been the first avenue of approach for any rational adult) then this whole mess would have been avoided.

Or wrote a letter.

Why don't people write letters any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

tdv123 wrote: »
    I don't know what it's about because of this, I only read the first 2 lines & lost patients with it & didn't bother reading the rest.
    You shouldn't be surfing if you have patients waiting - its bad for business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

They charged €700 for "cleaning", a cost which is included when you book the room, the hotel hasn't said anywhere that any damage was done so €700 is a joke

Since working in a hotel i know about cleaning, they would have to get in steam cleaners to clean up drink, vomit, sh** and pee all over floors and beds could even be as bad. They would have to air out the rooms, they might not even be able to stick someone in that room that night as it might smell to bad. Also the female guest stayed most of the night so you can add another 80 euro to that.

On top of that you will get guests complaining about the noise/disruption and will want some money back as they will not pay full price for a disrupted nights sleep. The least they would get is a 20 euro discount, at most a free nights stay.

When i was checking out stags as a hotel receptionist they had to wait and the rooms be inspected by the accommodation manager before they got the deposits back, most got theirs back, some did not. I must say though the groom to be was usually the better behaved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

IrishAm wrote: »
    Hotels and their staff are threatened with court proceedings on a regular basis. The pros smile and nod, the amateurs react like you friends did.

There's no "smile and nod" button on The Book of Faces unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Any extra and excessive cleaning that will need to be carried may also prevent new guests from checking into these rooms and the hotel possibly having to compensate them by providing either money of their stay or a free meal while they wait on their room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Baneblade wrote: »
    screw you grammer nazi's it's math nazi time
    17 people @ €50 = €850
    so where do we think the missing €150 went?

Paid for the drugs & hooker?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Aquila wrote: »
    perceived lack of spelling ability

Oh sorry, it's only a perceived lack. I guess since I left school, there's no objective standard of spelling anymore.

P.

cnclb wrote: »
    h srry, t's nly prcvd lck. I gss snc I lft schl, thr's n bjctv stndrd f spllng nymr.

P.

FYP:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Boombastic wrote: »
    Paid for the drugs & hooker?

Is finger food the new code for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is just another example of why people should complain using real world channels of communication rather than facebook where, like Cheers everybody knows your ****ing name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Is this lady not given the same rights as users when it comes to abuse or because of her perceived lack of spelling ability she is fair game for abuse and ridicule?

Yes she is certainly game for abuse and riducle. Try typing posts like that on this site and you would be banned in short order (no txt spk).

It's one thing to be poor at spelling or grammer, it's quite another to write incomprehensible drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

donalg1 wrote: »
    A post with the word bollix in it, thanked by 2 stroke and testicle, brilliant.

Brilliant!! LMFAO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

tdv123 wrote: »
    I don't know what it's about because of this, I only read the first 2 lines & lost patients with it & didn't bother reading the rest.

any look with finding the patients yet? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

I dont get the idea that the Hotel cant defend itself. Of course it can. Someone publishing on facebook is, in effect, penning an open letter. It could well be libelous. Not responding in the same forum makes it stick. The offer to make a private response was the mistake here as it makes the original claims seem like they stick. You have every right, in fact a duty, you defend your business reputation.

As for the €700, clearly the extra €50 per person was because they were a stag party, and the hotel has had precedent. The Hotel will win any claims in small claims court- the extra cleaning costs could easily add up to €700, if not then they probably gave some money back, or free breakfast to other customers, if not some other customers would have decided not to come again, regardless of how apologetic the hotel staff were. In short the Hotel could easily counter sue, and possibly for thousands of euros.

If al this is true, and given that the cops turned up twice, and it is all on camera, I cant imagine it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Seriously though, if she'd just rung the hotel to complain (which I thought would have been the first avenue of approach for any rational adult) then this whole mess would have been avoided.

Or wrote a letter.

Why don't people write letters any more?

Your seriously think that girl would know how to write a letter??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

They didn't wait very long

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=8vCYCWM2WU8&fulldescription=1

apologies if link doesn't work, using my phone.
    "How did she set the fire alarm off?"
    "It was probably smoke from her vagina"

Love it :D

Normal youtube link:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

stevieob wrote: »
    Your seriously think that girl would know how to write a letter??

That was kind of the joke.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

How the hell do you pronounce her last name???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Is this lady not given the same rights as users when it comes to abuse or because of her perceived lack of spelling ability she is fair game for abuse and ridicule?

fi ouy cnat splel oyu rae aksnig 2 b rdicidelu bht

Is finger food the new code for that?

depends on what she offers;)

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Yes she is certainly game for abuse and riducle. Try typing posts like that on this site and you would be banned in short order (no txt spk).

It's one thing to be poor at spelling or grammer, it's quite another to write incomprehensible drivel
    Yeh there are adults, with education (like this woman) who are perfectly capable of writing reasonably legibly but they still insist on writing like a 12-year-old who's trying to look cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

she's defo a bebo stunnah

liamhana wrote: »
    My 2cents worth:
    Hotel decides that it hasnt had much luck attracting stags/hens and the ones it attracts are too much hassle, It has a name for being that sort of a venue, decides to change tact & go after a family market....now how do you get the message out there.....cue marketing genius.

Only fault I find in this is that it names stagit & no marketing guru would risk another company's ire.....

The only fault? Here are some other faults I find in this.

1) The person on Facebook is real. She would have to be paid off.
    2) There would be records of gardai activity that night. So they cant be lying there, probably an offence.
    3) This means they hired 17 guys to trash the place. And then got her to post on Facebook, and then responded. Hoping it would viral.

That would be a risky marketing campaign for a London based advertising agency, so probably not likely for a small provincial hotel in Ireland.

I dont get the idea that the Hotel cant defend itself. Of course it can.
    Oh absolutely, but IMO saying "We would like to advise this information is incorrect but we would prefer to keep the details private" - pretty much what they first said - would be enough. I think it is unbecoming for a hotel to publicly go into detail with regards to a specific party staying, even if taken to task publicly. I can see their motivation behind it - and having worked in customer service myself I'm not a bit surprised. There's nearly always another side to these types of indignant claims, but I still think it's unprofessional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

xzanti wrote: »

Heh-er or Heh-Her depending on where you are from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

So where's the picture of her tits?
    on her facebook profile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Heh-her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The "He" syllable at the start is pronounced the same as the "He" in "Hell"

The "hir" syllable at the end is pronounced "here" or "her" depending on how thick your country accent is.

Edit: As the poster below notes, if you're sufficiently bog-smelling enough, you'll say it really quickly and merge the two syllables into one and come up with a pronunciation close to "hair".

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Hair :D

Onixx wrote: »
    Oh absolutely, but IMO saying "We would like to advise this information is incorrect but we would prefer to keep the details private" - pretty much what they first said - would be enough. I think it is unbecoming for a hotel to publicly go into detail with regards to a specific party staying, even if taken to task publicly. I can see their motivation behind it - and having worked in customer service myself I'm not a bit surprised. There's nearly always another side to these typed of indignant claims, but I still think it's unprofessional.

I disagree. The only difference here to most internet responses is that they had an embarrassing response to make, but they had to make the response. Let's say the stag had only the minor complaints - no finger food, no shots, and no breakfast. And the hotel had no complaints on noise. Then the Hotel would have said, as it did in it's second post, that the stag were told to go to another pub for the food and drink, and slept in for the breakfast. That response would explain the issue. You see that on tripadvisor all the time. Nobody says, we can explain in private, which sounds suspicious.

To explain the 700 they had to go into more detail, detail which had to embarrass the poster. But they had to respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Onixx wrote: »
    Oh absolutely, but IMO saying "We would like to advise this information is incorrect but we would prefer to keep the details private" - pretty much what they first said - would be enough. I think it is unbecoming for a hotel to publicly go into detail with regards to a specific party staying, even if taken to task publicly. I can see their motivation behind it - and having worked in customer service myself I'm not a bit surprised. There's nearly always another side to these typed of indignant claims, but I still think it's unprofessional.

There is more posted in the Waterford Forum about this, it shows a bit more of the conversation between the two. I think it reaches a point where the hotel has to defend itself in the face of public criticism like this otherwise they risk losing business over something that a guest did in their hotel.

The hotel is not the one in the wrong here, the stag party were originally but they lost thier deposit and that shouldve been the end of it, then the other one got involved with her facebook comments when she obviously didnt know the full story and this has now backfired on her.

She should have just kept her mouth shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Raiser wrote: »
    Yeah and yelling verbal abuse in front of kids on holidays before jumping the hotel reception counter to attack the poor staff who are out working to pay the bills.

- Why are you so keen to associate/align yourself with this filth stovelid??????

Odd.

:confused:

Its kinda cool to be contrarian and play the jaded old "been there done that" cynic these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

The hotel just posted this on fb:
    Treacys Hotel Waterford
    We would like to thank everybody for the recent support given to us. We have since removed the comments regarding the stag party instead of letting the matter continue. We felt we needed to state the facts of that night rather than see our name sullied.

We would like to conclude on the matter. We are a family run hotel and cater for families of all ages. As a professional business we are duty bound to provide our guests with a comfortable and safe nights sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

donalg1 wrote: »
    There is more posted in the Waterford Forum about this, it shows a bit more of the conversation between the two. I think it reaches a point where the hotel has to defend itself in the face of public criticism like this otherwise they risk losing business over something that a guest did in their hotel.

The hotel is not the one in the wrong here, the stag party were originally but they lost thier deposit and that shouldve been the end of it, then the other one got involved with her facebook comments when she obviously didnt know the full story and this has now backfired on her.

She should have just kept her mouth shut.
    Wafrd frm s whr s @.

Some of the Facebook comments that Treacys are getting :D
    me and 16 of me friends wanna know if you got the birds number.......for ehhhh........ an interview..... on a couch....... almost like....... a casting couch
    While your post may have been "entertainment" for some people, I found it to be highly unprofessional for you to post that. You could have dealt with that in other ways. You could have deleted her post if her comments were defamatory and telephoned her to inform her of her fiancee's actions. Is this how you normally deal with customer complaints? I personally wont stay in your hotel after that, and I will make sure I wont recommend it after that. You used that girl's complaint as a source of your own amusement.
    Congratulations Treacy's Hotel, I certainly wouldn't like my family subjected to mindless fools on a family break. Although the biggest fool here seems to be the complainant. Think before you speak comes to mind :-)

and then there was this beaut... :D
    I was part of the stag party dat were there, and to be fare treacys summed up parcialy, but tey didnt include that we where well behaved until 7pm and that we where evr so curteus towards there staff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I was part of the stag party dat were there, and to be fare treacys summed up parcialy, but tey didnt include that we where well behaved until 7pm and that we where evr so curteus towards there staff.

That sounds like a joke.

I was part of the stag party dat were there, and to be fare treacys summed up parcialy, but tey didnt include that we where well behaved until 7pm and that we where evr so curteus towards there staff
    They no take this in to account:pac::pac:

That sounds like a joke.

You'd hope so :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Considering the location of Treacys Hotel - short walk across the bridge from the train station and a short walk from the bus station which is across the road from it - it is probably used quite a lot by stag/hen parties and tourists. Treacys also offer some sort of creche service as part of one of their evening meal packages (there's a big poster up outside the hotel) so they probably cater to quite a few local families. Their main concern would be to get the word out to possible future customers that this is not something that happens regularly and that they deal with it through the appropriate channels, i.e. calling the gardai to deal with some of the behaviour. It is very easy to check if a garda station was contacted at all, nevermind what sort of report was made, so I seriously doubt they are telling porkies about this.

As regards the deposit of €50 paid by each member of the stag party, I assume it actually falls short of what Treacys will have to do to compensate guests effected by the behaviour of the members of that stag party. The following day they may have had to comp guests to a free meal and put additional resources into cleaning the rooms, the €50 deposit paid by each member probably didn't even cover these costs.

Businesses that delete negative posts on facebook get a lot of stick. Storm Cinema in Waterford (now the Odeon) used to delete any negative comments on their facebook page quite a lot and got a lot of stick for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭tricialou

jd007 wrote: »
    I take it the weddings off now so? :pac:

it could of been that the other lads brought a girl back which would nt be unusual for a stag and her partner did nt do anything. I wouldnt like to be in her shoes trying to decide on that one tho!:confused:

tricialou wrote: »
    it could of been that the other lads brought a girl back which would nt be unusual for a stag and her partner did nt do anything. I wouldnt like to be in her shoes trying to decide on that one tho!:confused:

Look, she was a stripper or something. Clearly there were quite a few guys in that room.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement