Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stag party gets pwnd on facebook

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Look, she was a stripper or something. Clearly there were quite a few guys in that room.....

Maybe she was a freelancing English teacher giving spelling lessons. ("Lads, tonight as my last honorary night as a single man, I want to IMPROVE myself for my beloved betrothed!)

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

oceanclub wrote: »
    Maybe she was a freelancing English teacher giving spelling lessons. ("Lads, tonight as my last honorary night as a single man, I want to IMPROVE myself for my beloved betrothed!)

P.

I stand corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Can't wait for the movie to come out,it should be epic. It's being made under the working title "dat dere hotel tooks me money".

Jason Statham as the hapless groom
    Kristen Stewart as the outraged woman
    Megan Fox as the "guest/stripper"
    Sir Anthony Hopkins as the hotel manager and a cameo by Mike Tyson as a guest who finds it hard to get a good nights rest before his upcoming title fight against the king of the Knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

housetypeb wrote: »
    Can't wait for the movie to come out,it should be epic. It's being made under the working title "dat dere hotel tooks me money".

Jason Statham as the hapless groom
    Kristen Stewart as the outraged woman
    Megan Fox as the "guest/stripper"
    Sir Anthony Hopkins as the hotel manager and a cameo by Mike Tyson as a guest who finds it hard to get a good nights rest before his upcoming title fight against the king of the Knackers.

Kirsten Stewart can't pull off the outraged fiancee........... Patsy Palmer from Eastenders.... much better choice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

It's being made under the working title "dat dere hotel tooks me money".

This has just won the thread.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

TV3 will be at them for the next series of Dont Tell The Bride now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Favourite Quotations:

"if you were half the man you use to be ,you'd be twice the man you are now"

u cant change wat u dnt aknowledge..

"as is life"

About:

chilled out positive chick ,positive energy attracts positive vibes and dats wat Im all about ,hate tese ****ers who are always complaining wateva will be will be and sure it cud always be worse .....Trust me,sometimes ur ahead sumtimes behind d race is long,sumthings in life u cant change but it will make u tink twice d nxt time ,tell every1 u love how much u care cos u nvr know wat 2mr holds nd most of all love ur body cos its d greastest instrument u'll eva own...xxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dipdipdoo

Baneblade wrote: »
    17 people @ €50 = €850
    so where do we think the missing €150 went?

Maybe her school taught multiplication on the same day as English grammar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

why do people add ya as a friend on facebk nd wnt even aknowledge ya on d street wats d story wit dat??

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Favourite Quotations:

"if you were half the man you use to be ,you'd be twice the man you are now"

u cant change wat u dnt aknowledge..

"as is life"

About:

chilled out positive chick ,positive energy attracts positive vibes and dats wat Im all about ,hate tese ****ers who are always complaining wateva will be will be and sure it cud always be worse .....Trust me,sometimes ur ahead sumtimes behind d race is long,sumthings in life u cant change but it will make u tink twice d nxt time ,tell every1 u love how much u care cos u nvr know wat 2mr holds nd most of all love ur body cos its d greastest instrument u'll eva own...xxxxxxx

All very positive. She is clearly deliberately writing in txt speak. I mean she can spell complaining, sometimes - but only once, the other times it's sumtimes - positive, and instrument.

I dont get that tendency to deliberately misspell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

She nearly got acknowledge right......aknowledge is pretty impressive for her in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

Stag party back in hotel at 1.06am, now that wasn't much of a party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

rom wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stagitie/119948308036934

"Stagit.ie Is Ireland's Leader In Hen & Stag Party Packages Making Your Last Night Of Freedom one To Remember For The Rest Of Your Life."

Not The Arrest :pac:

celt262 wrote: »

My understanding is that it didnt end there.

• Advertisement

My understanding is that it didnt end there.

I know that but if you were ever on a stag party you would do well to get back to the hotel at 2.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I know that but if you were ever on a stag party you would do well to get back to the hotel at 2.30.

You would if you had drugs and were on a promise ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

gatecrash wrote: »
    Kirsten Stewart can't pull off the outraged fiancee........... Patsy Palmer from Eastenders.... much better choice!!

By the sounds of the young lady in question, PP would be too classy a bird....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Sounds like that was the party!!

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Sounds like that was the party!!

Sounds like they got kicked out of every pub about the place and had no option but to return to the hotel.

• Advertisement

It depends on the city, Waterford isn't that big, licences for late drinking may not be common, and lots of stag parties head back to the hotel where they can drink on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It depends on the city, Waterford isn't that big, licences for late drinking may not be common, and lots of stag parties head back to the hotel where they can drink on.

There are a few places to drink until 2am there!

Tbh this carry on has nothing on what went on in that hotel when it was 'Breens' nightclub, you could get in the door by giving one particular bouncer 20p :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

kfallon wrote: »
    There are a few places to drink until 2am there!

Tbh this carry on has nothing on what went on in that hotel when it was 'Breens' nightclub, you could get in the door by giving one particular bouncer 20p :pac:

Is that waterfords coppers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

maybe about 20 years ago:pac: its not there anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is a long walk from the Maryland. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

:pac:

Is that waterfords coppers?

It was prob the first nightclub most people in Waterford were ever in, you'd get in if you were 15 or 16! Ah the memories......

I think the last time I was in there at anything was The Wolfe Tones in around 1998 (I think) and there was a big mill up after about 15 minutes when some guy pulled out an Ulster flag and all the morons thought it was a Northern Ireland one.....got 2 bottles of mine knocked over ffs :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

NIMAN wrote: »
    What language is the original message in?

Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No, It is in Biffoese.

Waterford.

Hardly! That'd be some stag night, going out in your own home town and paying for a hotel there when you have a bed of your own :rolleyes:

Oh my lord.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

NIMAN wrote: »
    What language is the original message in?

Waterford.

Nope. Offaly actually. Keep up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

you'd get banned on the Waterford board for saying that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Waterford.

Oh jesus, people don't actually think she's from Waterford do they? We've enough of our own problems. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Had a good laugh reading this, and can't stop thinking what my Da used to say to me, " when your mad and want to write a letter , wait 24 hours, then do it" This lady could well have done with that advice.
    And a bucket of class....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

She is educated to third-level and still decides to make a complaint in that disgusting teenage text speak.

I wouldn't type like that here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

noodler wrote: »
    She is educated to third-level and still decides to make a complaint in that disgusting teenage text speak.

doesnt say much for our education system does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

She is educated to third-level

The third level of Super Mario Bros by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

mikom wrote: »
    The third level of Super Mario Bros by the looks of it.

BOOM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I wouldn't type like that here.

I think there is a huge gulf between the different third level institutions in Ireland. This woman goes someway to encouraging that hypothesis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    I think there is a huge gulf between the different third level institutions in Ireland. This woman goes someway to encouraging that hypothesis.

I blame the teachers in Primary and Post-Primary for this who couldn't teach her how to spell or pen a proper letter of complaint.
    The whole Public Sector needs a good shaking down, me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

I really can't stand text speak.I have to say though if I was Treacys hotel I would have kept it Private...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

They were spot on to do it in public, she maligns their good name => they give her the true story and the she looks even more of an idiot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭missyb

I would have said the hotel should have kept it private only then the only public statement on it would have been from her and people might have believed her story and taken the hotels silence as guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Favourite Quotations:

About:

lk d lcl yoda dat sndz ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Bill Shock

Look, she was a stripper or something. Clearly there were quite a few guys in that room.....

Wonder did the Groom get to get in first or did he have to settle for sloppy seconds (or 3rds/4ths etc.) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Celina acculy iz dolan

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Windchime

Had to read the story 3 times before it actually sank in. Why cant people write in English !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I didn't think people actually wrote like that unless they were texting. Is she so busy at being a full time mother that she doesn't have the time to type out "this", so she has to write "dis"? Surely holding down a button to get a "2" takes as long to do as just typing "to" :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Windchime wrote: »
    Had to read the story 3 times before it actually sank in. Why cant people write in English !

2 main reasons I'd say:

1. They're stupid.
    2. They think by writing in that way that they are somehow cool and "with it".

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Windchime

2 main reasons I'd say:

1. They're stupid.
    2. They think by writing in that way that they are somehow cool and "with it".

haha very good. Agreed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement