Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stag party gets pwnd on facebook

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Judging by the sisters comments on facebook we're not dealing with 'salt of the earth' folk here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Looking at the hotels trip advisor reviews, they seem to come out very aggressively against any criticism.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g186638-d505003-r124201815-Treacys_Hotel_Waterford-Waterford_County_Waterford.html

Taxi driver describes hotel as a bit of a kip wheres there is regular trouble and the hotel has been 'looking to track down this taxi driver' and hoping that someone will pass on his details.
    Strikes me that they don't take criticism well at all, and I'd be dubious whether they were as concillatory in the background of the stag-gate case as they are making out.

I'm striking them off my list of potential hotels anyway, seems something not quite right about them.

Exactly. Anyone who has worked in these type of environments knows that there's the complainants side, the defence and then there's the truth...which is somewhere in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Samich wrote: »
    PS, this savage publicity for the hotel.
    Their page is getting about 10 likes a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Where To wrote: »
    Their page is getting about 10 likes a minute.

The hotels name shouldn't have been released, not sure why they'd get liked anyways. You can see the convo without having the like the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Looking at the hotels trip advisor reviews, they seem to come out very aggressively against any criticism.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g186638-d505003-r124201815-Treacys_Hotel_Waterford-Waterford_County_Waterford.html

Taxi driver describes hotel as a bit of a kip wheres there is regular trouble and the hotel has been 'looking to track down this taxi driver' and hoping that someone will pass on his details.
    Strikes me that they don't take criticism well at all, and I'd be dubious whether they were as concillatory in the background of the stag-gate case as they are making out.

I'm striking them off my list of potential hotels anyway, seems something not quite right about them.

Perhaps you could check out the story with the Garda who attended...twice... and see if in his/her opinion the hotel was making every effort....

Bottom line is.... deposits were taken from a stag staying in a hotel...standard procedure

Stag party acted the bollix and caused disturbance(s) and some damage

Hotel kept deposits, standard procedure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Hilarious debate ongoing on the hotel's facebook page. Some friend or sister of the initial woman is having a go at everyone. "I'd rather sound like a twat than look like one."

She's also calling someone who looked at the initial girl's page a crazy stalker bitch.

It's turned into a massive bitch-fest and, as stupid as the sister is making herself look, I do feel sorry for her. The whole country is talking about her sister and she's just trying to defend her (albeit not in a very eloquent way).

The hotel should have locked the comments on that status hours ago. Lots of idiots now just arguing back and forth.

Ahh the ones leaving comments on the hotels page are bigger pricks

"Fair play lads for responding to that incoherent idiot in an entirely appropriate way. If they're going to publicly spread misinformation, they should be ready to have the truth told publicly too."

Ehhhhh she was only saying what she thought happened, her fiancee obviously told lies.

"LOL! Someone has actually transalted it.......

"My partner of 10 years had his stag do in Waterford last night, at this hotel. 17 men went, paying €1,120 before arrival. When they arrived, the hotel asked them to pay another €50 as an overnight deposit which they were guaranteed to get back the next morning. They didn't get anything that was meant to be included in their package...no finger food, no round of shots, no breakfast, no deposit back. I think this hotel was trying to earn some easy cash - I'm going to go on every radio station and get all of the attendees of the stag do to share their stories, and inform every tourist I know from my job about this scheming hotel ...€700 is alot of money today. Small claims court I think..."

Some of the comments that are posted are the same that are posted here.

It's turned into a massive bitch-fest and, as stupid as the sister is making herself look, I do feel sorry for her. The whole country is talking about her sister and she's just trying to defend her (albeit not in a very eloquent way).

The hotel should have locked the comments on that status hours ago. Lots of idiots now just arguing back and forth.

Someone must have agreed with me! Thread is gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Taken down now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I would fúckin love to hear the best mans speech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

AEDIC wrote: »
    Perhaps you could check out the story with the Garda who attended...twice... and see if in his/her opinion the hotel was making every effort....

Can you be sure they attended twice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

They knew the "lady" was brought back, how did they know the "lady" set off the smoke alarm and why was she only kicked out at half 6?
    Why were the deposits taken off everyone when it was only 1 room that was involved.
    If the guards were called why were the occupants not arrested for having "illegal substances".
    Was anyone arrested at all? GBH and possession are very serious crimes.
    Lots of things about it just don't make sense.

Posted this on their wall and they deleted it, sometime definitely wrong with this whole scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Daroxtar wrote: »
    I would fúckin love to hear the best mans speech

..only if the bride writes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Judging by Celina and Majella, the whole wedding will need subtitles!!

celt262 wrote: »
    Can you be sure they attended twice?

Based on the evidence available, and there is no contradiction of that.... there is a fair chance.

Do you have an alternative story? Can you be sure they didn't?

Posted this on their wall and they deleted it, sometime definitely wrong with this whole scenario

The name of the hotel should never have been released or the woman for that matter.

Based on the evidence available, and there is no contradiction of that.... there is a fair chance.

Do you have an alternative story? Can you be sure they didn't?

I can be as sure they didnt as much as you can be as sure they did.

I can be as sure they didnt as much as you can be as sure they did.

You mean apart from the fact that it says in the hotels reply that they did attend twice, and nowhere at all anywhere, does it say they didnt...

Ok...

They seem to be taking down a lot of stuff, I don't blame them. Everyone's had their fun, now they should just return to their business.

FWIW many hotels charge deposits for stag nights, and the deposit will only be given back if everyone behaves. If even one or two people cause trouble, no one gets their deposit back.

And they're hardly going to tell you if anyone's been arrested for GBH or possession, that's a legal matter.

• Advertisement

The name of the hotel should never have been released or the woman for that matter.

What do you mean "released"? Released by who? Someone publicly posted on a public FB page, and people took screen shots, then it went viral. No one actually "released" any names.

Also why didn't the hotel just remove her post and mail her privately?

You mean apart from the fact that it says in the hotels reply that they did attend twice, and nowhere at all anywhere, does it say they didnt...

Ok...

And who is to say the hotel is telling the whole truth here?

Going by them deleting posts on the facebook i would say they are not being totally honest either.:P

What do you mean "released"? Released by who? Someone publicly posted on a public FB page, and people took screen shots, then it went viral. No one actually "released" any names.

Peter Ganley who is a radio dj and has a lot of following posted it on his fb last night.

Also why didn't the hotel just remove her post and mail her privately?

They offered to...but she kept posting publicly and threatening to go to the media with the story. If they had just deleted the comments people would have assumed guilt....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

She posted it herself on the hotels facebook page!!

Now (donning tinfoil hat here) POSSIBLY, one of the hotel staff contacted a mate for giggles and stuff when the reply was posted.....said mate contacted another and so on and so on....

OR (doffing tin foil hat) possibly someone was on the FB page of the hotel, saw all this kick off, contacted a mate of 2 for giggles and stuff and it went from there....

Either way, once you post something up on facebook, boards, YOUR OWN BLOODY EMAIL, you lose control of it.... the genie is out of the bottle the moment you send it, and whatever you wrote is held for as long as even one person has a copy of it.....

And who is to say the hotel is telling the whole truth here?

Going by them deleting posts on the facebook i would say they are not being totally honest either.:P

Well...seeing as the girl herself, her sister and at least one (possibly 2) of the stag party have been the posters on various facebook threads today have come on to comment on what happened..... not once, did any of them say the Gardai werent called...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Even if it wasn't released,somebody would have named it sooner rather than later.

Something similar happened a couple of years ago,

A WEEKEND expedition to Wales by members an Enniscorthy sports club ended with three of their members in police cells following an allegation of a sexual assault. Police in Aberystwyth have confirmed that the trio were arrested on Sunday and not released until Monday. One was released without charge and told that no further action would be taken against him. The other two were released pending further investigations. They have been told that they may be required to return in April.

The annual outing by members of the Rapparees/Starlights club at Bellefield is not an official part of the club programme. In past years, they have headed from Enniscorthy to destinations such as Kilkenny and Kerry. However, this year the party, at least 25 strong, decided to take the ferry from Rosslare and go to the university town of Aberystwyth in West Wales.

They stayed at a hotel part owned by well-known Duffry Rovers hurler, footballer and businessman Paul Coleman, just the latest in a series of visits to the popular premises by groups from the Enniscorthy district. Reports back home suggested that all was going well until word arrived from Wales on Sunday that three of the travelling party had been arrested. There was considerable confusion as to who and why. Club officials attempted to clarify the matter by contacting the police. Solicitors were arranged for the men as they were interviewed to give their version of events on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

While the remainder of the party returned to Ireland early on Monday, their clubmates were not released until Monday evening. They are now safely back home.

Investigators have been studying CCTV footage from the hotel and a spokeswoman for the police confirmed that three arrests were made on Sunday. One man was released and no further action would be taken against him. The other two were allowed to go while enquiries were ongoing.

Rapparees/Starlights chairman John Browne was very concerned at what happened but was relieved that the three men were now freed. 'I am aware that there was an incident and the people concerned were released,' said Deputy Browne. 'Those people cooperated fully with the police and were released on Monday night and are now back home.'

While the ill-fated expedition to Aberystwyth was not an official Rapparees/Starlights activity, the executive

http://www.goreyguardian.ie/news/gaa-clubmen-questioned-over-alleged-sex-assault-1639296.html

Seems like the guys brought a prossie back to the hotel & she cried rape after a row over money.Cue several lads finding their belongings in black bags at the door when they got home.

They offered to...but she kept posting publicly and threatening to go to the media with the story. If they had just deleted the comments people would have assumed guilt....

Eh hardly anyone would have seen it, it's a hotels page. Who goes on every minute looking at comments on walls?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

assaulting someone is a serious crime, anyone caught wait drugs gets a criminal record, there's definitely more to this story than is being told

By 6am, I'd say all the drugs were consumed so none left?
    "LOL! Someone has actually transalted it.......

Some of the comments that are posted are the same that are posted here.

Thank Brummytom Pg1 of this thread for the translation:D

Eh hardly anyone would have seen it, it's a hotels page. Who goes on every minute looking at comments on walls?

eh...she would, and she doesnt seem the type not to make a deal out of them deleting her posts.

Peter Ganley who is a radio dj and has a lot of following posted it on his fb last night.

That's not "releasing" it. It was in the public eye for absolutely everyone to see if they wanted to. It would have been a different story if the girl sent the mail privately to the hotel and a screenshot of that went viral. But in this case the girl decided to post in the public domain.

Well...seeing as the girl herself, her sister and at least one (possibly 2) of the stag party have been the posters on various facebook threads today have come on to comment on what happened..... not once, did any of them say the Gardai werent called...

Well i dont have time to read all the facebook messages and threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

All it takes is for one person to tell another, and they tell their friends, and they tell their friends. That's what viral marketing is all about.

Cynical? Maybe.

Well i dont have time to read all the facebook messages and threads.

Obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

It doesn't matter. The thing is public if the hotel has one follower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Mr E wrote: »

All it takes is for one person to tell another, and they tell their friends, and they tell their friends. That's what viral marketing is all about.

Cynical? Maybe.

Moronic? Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Hotel should have deleted her message and sent her a private message on Facebook.

Instead, they have got a load of free publicity at the expense of a young girls reputation.

Not cool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

IrishAm wrote: »
    Hotel should have deleted her message and sent her a private message on Facebook.

Instead, they have got a load of free publicity at the expense of a young girls reputation.

Not cool.

FFS cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Not cool.

Did you not read their Facebook message to her? They asked her for her email/number to discuss it privately but she didn`t respond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Not cool.

Yet its ok for her to slate the hotel on a public website and threaten further exposure even though she is completely mis-informed and the real culprits were the hooligans on the stag.

Fair play to the hotel for standing up for its reputation and the reputation of its staff. They also gave her 7 hours to respond personally before addressing the issue publicly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Oh her sister is at it again on one of the comments posted by someone on the hotels page!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

signostic wrote: »
    Did you not read their Facebook message to her? They asked her for her email/number to discuss it privately but she didn`t respond

Why ask her for an email when you can message her privately on the poxy site?

They gave her a whole seven hours to reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I suppose the hotel hosting the wedding reception is a non runner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Not cool.

What reputation?
    She was doing the internet equivalent of standing on the steps of the hotel braying like a fishwife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Why ask her for an email when you can message her privately on the poxy site?

They gave her a whole seven hours to reply.

You could also ask why she didn't message them privately?

Obviously.

Yeah i have a life ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Nip pick is gone :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement