Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stag party gets pwnd on facebook

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Samich wrote: »
    Ahh the ones leaving comments on the hotels page are bigger pricks

"Fair play lads for responding to that incoherent idiot in an entirely appropriate way. If they're going to publicly spread misinformation, they should be ready to have the truth told publicly too."

Ehhhhh she was only saying what she thought happened, her fiancee obviously told lies.

Maybe she should have contacted them through proper channels and confirmed the details before trying to publicly slate them. I'm sure the hotel has a phone.

Sure we could all come on here and rip in to businesses with "facts" we heard 2nd hand. Truth? Pah, who needs that.
    The name of the hotel should never have been released or the woman for that matter.

She started the whole thing in a public forum. The details were'nt "released" . Shes not some type of supergrass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

We used to steal 'em from music students:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

IrishAm wrote: »
    Why ask her for an email when you can message her privately on the poxy site?

They gave her a whole seven hours to reply.

http://omg.wthax.org/SC20120724_021747.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Maybe she should have contacted them through proper channels and confirmed the details before trying to publicly slate them. I'm sure the hotel has a phone.

Em she thought she was right in what she knew, she didn't know her fiancee was a lying prick.

If the story was true you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Maybe they don't after one of the guys cleared the reception desk to assault a staff member.

signostic wrote: »

Why did the hotel go back to the earliest post by her (the one with the story) rather than the latest one then?

It wouldn't have been as much of a "pwn" had it been in reply to a comment like "ye are a bunch of scammers" or whatever.

lazygal wrote: »
    Doesn't say much for the standards at Athlone IT where she studied with writing like that. God help the kid she's a full time mummy to.

You know some people don't type much so when they do they use txt spk. I know some people who use type like that but they talk normally. Everyone has faults.

Hotel should have deleted her message and sent her a private message on Facebook.

Instead, they have got a load of free publicity at the expense of a young girls reputation.

Not cool.

The young girls reputation, or lack of one, is entirely her on doing.

Why should she be able to publish lies in public but the hotel has to suck it up and keep everything on the quiet? Once she made it public that story was out there. If they then do everything in private, thats the only story that anyone hears. How is that fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

What hotel was this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Someone just posted this on treacys hotels facebook. She said she was there at the weekend and seen some interesting things!

Yes Selena, I was staying there that weekend and being respectful to Celina I refuse to publicly say what I seen but what's been made public is only the tip of the iceberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Treacys Hotel Waterford.

Anyone friends with them on facebook? There's a big saga still going on between the woman that complained and people ripping the piss out of her :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Do you think Gary will be allowed to go to his mates stag parties after they are married? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Someone just posted this on treacys hotels facebook. She said she was there at the weekend and seen some interesting things!

Yes Selena, I was staying there that weekend and being respectful to Celina I refuse to publicly say what I seen but what's been made public is only the tip of the iceberg.

Probably the hooker that posted it.

The young girls reputation, or lack of one, is entirely her on doing.

Why should she be able to publish lies in public but the hotel has to suck it up and keep everything on the quiet? Once she made it public that story was out there. If they then do everything in private, thats the only story that anyone hears. How is that fair?

They weren't lies from her point of view at the time.

Why ask her for an email when you can message her privately on the poxy site?

They gave her a whole seven hours to reply.

How long did she give them before going public? Did she email or ring them first?

• Advertisement

Em she thought she was right in what she knew, she didn't know her fiancee was a lying prick.

If the story was true you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

If another poster pm's me and tells me you raped his mother, is it ok for me to start a thread on heredeclaring your a rapist? What if I know your real name and post it on your facebook page or take out a billboard at your local shops.Maybe a newspaper ad?

She is now only complaining because she has come out of this looking like an absolute fool. If it was the other way around she'd be saying how great facebook is and how it's so handy using modern technology to moan your head off about stuff but instead, she has been caught out and she doesn't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Treacys Hotel Waterford.

Anyone friends with them on facebook? There's a big saga still going on between the woman that complained and people ripping the piss out of her :pac:

& a guy looking to book a room for 17 - 18 people:pac::pac:

They weren't lies from her point of view at the time.

Yet she didnt chose to check her "facts". Instead of contacting the hotel properly one on one, like normal complaints, she went public straight away. The whole thing is her own doing.

Theres reasons journalists and the like have to check sources.

Sure the sun reckon they though what they printed in April 1989 was the truth. Doesnt make it ok.

Re: Checking facts at least she has a sensible sister to advise her with good advice & support her

"kiara getting smart now are we. dont you dare ****ing judge me on this and how dare you class me as a ****ing whore. ya sick bitch. dont be sorry abt being rude as i can give as good as i get, just wouldnt lower myself to any of ye. like i said it was room 135 which all this happened and he wasnt even in the room, now go and get your facts right before ya judge, none of ye on here now the stag like i do and my sister trust him in so many ways, there was 17 lads in total and ye are pin pointing at just one. enough is enough.. go get a life rather than getting off on stupid things, may ye all have a run of bad luck in the future for all your bad words.."

• Advertisement

picture removed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

How long did she give them before going public? Did she email or ring them first?

She should have called or sent them an email. They should have deleted her post and responded by private message. Neither covered themselves in glory.

Apparently, she is still raging away on their Facebook page. She doesn't seem the brightest spark.

She should have called or sent them an email. They should have deleted her post and responded by private message. Neither covered themselves in glory.

Apparently, she is still raging away on their Facebook page. She doesn't seem the brightest spark.

She's probably more angry with her fiancee having a potential hooker in the hotel. She should just get off fb for her own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Hotel should have deleted her message and sent her a private message on Facebook.

Instead, they have got a load of free publicity at the expense of a young girls reputation.

Not cool.

Thats not the way it works. The hotel would have been slated for deleting the posting and then conspiracies would have set in. They gave her a chance to talk privately and then 7 hours later had no option but to protect their business name and tell her what really happened.

Its looks like the boyfriend got a bollicking for loosing the deposit, made up some lies (as you would) and she tried to get the dosh back - based on the lies. But that was a mistake!

Be careful what you say in the public domain - especially if you are going for a new job!

Everyone should learn a lesson from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Looks like she has either deleted or made her FB private, and Treacys have deleted all the posts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Posted this on their wall and they deleted it, sometime definitely wrong with this whole scenario
    because that's not how the gardai work....they were sent to deal with noise and rowdyness...they are not going to waste time and paper work dealing with personal amounts of recreational drugs..the drugs would have been hidden and they the gardai didn't "search"

pfurey101 wrote: »
    Thats not the way it works. The hotel would have been slated for deleting the posting and then conspiracies would have set in. They gave her a chance to talk privately and then 7 hours later had no option but to protect their business name and tell her what really happened.

Its looks like the boyfriend got a bollicking for loosing the deposit, made up some lies (as you would) and she tried to get the dosh back - based on the lies. But that was a mistake!

Be careful what you say in the public domain - especially if you are going for a new job!

Everyone should learn a lesson from this.

I'm afraid it wouldn't.

Next to no one would have been on that page other than this "pwning".

Go onto any medium size hotel and there's not much activity on them.

hussey wrote: »
    Looks like she has either deleted or made her FB private, and Treacys have deleted all the posts too.

Treaceys had no choice to delete as there was many a slanderous comment and insult being made - theres always the few that drag everything down.

IMHO Treaceys have handled this very well. It wasnt their fault that the eegits hijscked the threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Facebook + stupidity = (facepalm + cringe) to the power of 'what a spanner'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I feel sorry for her fella,having to marry that thick!

Facebook is lethal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

I feel sorry for her fella,having to marry that thick!

Facebook is lethal!

He does not have to marry her; I expect that he realises how lucky he is to have her. She is super pretty, she has lovely kids who seem happy and thus indicate that she is a good mother. She is willing to stick up for her fiancée so it seems that she will make a good wife.

If spelling and grammar are her biggest faults, then he is one lucky guy! :D

Facebook is lethal!

As Twitter is to footballers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Treacys Hotel Waterford.

Thought they deleted the post and 400 or so coments, there page got over 2000 likes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

She is now only complaining because she has come out of this looking like an absolute fool. If it was the other way around she'd be saying how great facebook is and how it's so handy using modern technology to moan your head off about stuff but instead, she has been caught out and she doesn't like it.

Indeed, its not Facebook's fault that she's a thicko.

Indeed, its not Facebook's fault that she's a thicko.

Because being thick makes you a bad person. Some proper turds in this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

You probably should'nt have been ignoring a waiting room full of patients so. :)

That was a test, well done.

But I think you mean "shouldn't".

Because being thick makes you a bad person. Some proper turds in this thread.

Boo-hoo. She's the one that went public with this, she's the one that threatened to go to the media and the courts without knowing her facts and without thinking of the consequences of what she did.

tdv123 wrote: »
    That was a test, well done.

But I think you mean "shouldn't".

Was it a medical test?:pac:

• Advertisement

Leave the girl alone ffs.

Leave the girl alone ffs.

It's the lad that should be getting the stick. I'd say this girl has had enough shock and embarrassment for one life time

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Definately one for the legendary thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You swear she was murder or somebody who bankrupted the country the way some people are on here.

If people cared about the more important things in life.

You swear she was murder or somebody who bankrupted the country the way some people are on here.

If people cared about the more important things in life.

If this is so insignificant why did you post at all, you do realise that this is AH right?

If this is so insignificant why did you post at all, you do realise that this is AH right?

Dont have problem finding it funny, its the whole we are perfect and she is tick so lets get her type of attitude that stinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the comments on the place on trip advisor are quality, as are some of the responses from the staff.
    The place was full of knackers, actual Dublin knackers down for the weekend on a hens. All 40 seemed to be on out floor and they were roaring and shouting all night. Unfortuately we had to meet them while checking out - one of the 'girls' had a crate of 40 blue wkd bottles on her suitcase - Says it all.
    If you're aged between 16-20 and looking for a hole to lay your head after an epic session or part of a cotillion of filthy women then this hotel is for you. If you are any way a normal decent person looking for a remotely nice room to spend a night or two in the south then I implore you to look elsewhere.

makes it sound like fawlty towers!!

I think this is going to backfire spectacularly for the hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

the comments on the place on trip advisor are quality, as are some of the responses from the staff.
    The place was full of knackers, actual Dublin knackers down for the weekend on a hens. All 40 seemed to be on out floor and they were roaring and shouting all night. Unfortuately we had to meet them while checking out - one of the 'girls' had a crate of 40 blue wkd bottles on her suitcase - Says it all.
    If you're aged between 16-20 and looking for a hole to lay your head after an epic session or part of a cotillion of filthy women then this hotel is for you. If you are any way a normal decent person looking for a remotely nice room to spend a night or two in the south then I implore you to look elsewhere.

makes it sound like fawlty towers!!
    She must have been some horse of a woman to carry 40 bottles of wkd on her suitcase.

Dont have problem finding it funny, its the whole we are perfect and she is tick so lets get her type of attitude that stinks.

She's the one that's acting like a thicko, AH didn't make her that way.

She's the one that's acting like a thicko, AH didn't make her that way.

Was not my point at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement