Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stag party gets pwnd on facebook

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Samich wrote: »
    Leave the girl alone ffs.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

hussey wrote: »
    Looks like she has either deleted or made her FB private, and Treacys have deleted all the posts too.

I should've just read as far as here instead of scanning Facebook :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

csi vegas wrote: »
    I should've just read as far as here instead of scanning Facebook :(

Especially with your username :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Boombastic wrote: »
    Especially with your username :P

Yes I know but...Post #375...I'm goggle-eyed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Was not my point at all.

I fully agree with ya, I get an infraction for insulting people "some people are turds on here" yet how many people abused the woman from the OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

IrishAm wrote: »
    They should have responded by private message.

as a company on facebook,
    it is not possible to either private message followers or even post on the followers own facebook page.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Well this thread has turned into a pretty big witchhunt. I've never heard of this hotel, but I'll be damned sure not to stay with them in future and I can imagine others won't; posting things publicly on Facebook for loads to see is pretty poor behavior.

I think it might get extra business because it doesn't accept outrageous behaviour from some loutish guests.
    Those who behave themselves have nothing to fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Leave the girl alone ffs.

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I would of not responded to anyone who would use text speak and cant pronounce proper english, a scanger no doubt and i bet they will produce many great offspring.

Pot, meet kettle:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

IrishAm wrote: »
    Hotel should have deleted her message and sent her a private message on Facebook.

Instead, they have got a load of free publicity at the expense of a young girls reputation.

Not cool.

How 'young' is this person?
    Is she not an adult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I'm not comfortable with how the hotel reacted. The person humiliated here is the woman. It was her partner and his friends that acted the goat in the hotel. She just responded like a gullible girlfriend who believed his side of the story completely. But she has been crucified now. I feel sorry for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

woodoo wrote: »
    I'm not comfortable with how the hotel reacted. The person humiliated here is the woman. It was her partner and his friends that acted the goat in the hotel. She just responded like a gullible girlfriend who believed his side of the story completely. But she has been crucified now. I feel sorry for her.

She responded by publicly making unfounded accusations against the hotel and if they hadn't responded she would have kept on doing so. Its not the hotels fault that the fiancee and his friends were a mob of unruly louts.

Hopefully she will have learned a few lessons from this but somehow I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

woodoo wrote: »

In fairness she supplied her own wood hammer and nails.

She was given the opportunity to deal with her issue in private but didn't take it, bet she's sorry now!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

celt262 wrote: »
    Yeah i have a life ;)

And yet here you are ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

I fully agree with ya, I get an infraction for insulting people "some people are turds on here" yet how many people abused the woman from the OP?

I had a post deleted because I said something nice about her! It seems strange that boards.ie are so willing to allow so much public libelling of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

She responded by publicly making unfounded accusations against the hotel and if they hadn't responded she would have kept on doing so. Its not the hotels fault that the fiancee and his friends were a mob of unruly louts.

Yeah i just noticed the bit where the hotel requested to speak to her privately. She will regret not getting on the phone to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

elvis99 wrote: »
    And pictures of nipples...that'll learn her good

Some of us missed out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 biancab

syndeyfife wrote: »
    TV3 will be at them for the next series of Dont Tell The Bride now

Oh god i hope not , we already have the worst tv programmes in the world , but thats another days banter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

And as well as that, her attitude left a lot to be desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

How cool would it be to hear yer wan hung herself over this :D

yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

PC CDROM wrote: »

yeah.

Not funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

yeah.

:eek::eek::eek:

I guess I'll see ya 'round sometime.

Not funny

Sorry.

I was just trying to join in :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

yeah.
    Ya bastard .,funny but yer still a bastard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Sorry.

I was just trying to join in :rolleyes:

Time to get your coat :eek:

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Ya bastard .,funny but yer still a bastard

Not funny in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Not funny in the slightest.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

You're the one who made the joke, or were you trying to make a point?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello folks.

We are going to leave it at that on this one.

We have a person who made a complaint to a business on facebook based on a version of events they believed to be true.

They were informed otherwise by the business.

This is in the public domain.

However this thread is turning from an anecdote into something altogether more unpleasant. We have removed some additional details, "friend of a friend" stuff, and private phone numbers from this thread.

I think it is best that we do not encourage the use of after hours as a platform for that kind of crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement