Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bray Air Spectacular 2012 - picture set

• 24-07-2012 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Well I went along to the air show and used my media access to see how good a view I'd actually get from the rooftop above the seafront. It didn't take long to set up and start shooting. The original press release I was given went into all the details I needed but it was a shame the Hunter couldn't make it, the same with the Iolar. Once Aer Lingus did a fly by in the A32o it was clear things would be a bit livelier than expected. All in all the show was a lot better than I'd expected and for the most part the weather held up. I took over 800 shots and got through over 100 of them so I figured I'd post a few here and add the link for the main set if anyone wanted to see. From a photographers point of view it was a great day but to a true aviation enthusiast it may have been lacking compared to previous shows. :)

[Full Set]

7626351650_8d450835af_z.jpg

7626742536_2102ec8130_z.jpg

7627117158_f5a9b097f8_z.jpg

7630898582_0ea2a9c48f_z.jpg

7626184400_2640509a67_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

what lenses were you using? the shot of the pilot is clear as day... amazing! great photoset!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

what lenses were you using? the shot of the pilot is clear as day... amazing! great photoset!

Thanks I only ended up using my 300mm because I was on a rooftop, probably bringing a 500mm to Portrush airshow or perhaps taking the plunge and going for the Nikon 600mm. The problem is the weight and maneuverability, once you get too long a lens it becomes very hard to shoot straight up. I met a guy using a Canon 400mm who is on boards (can't remember your name?) but it looked like a lot of effort even on a monopod. The pro aerosexual shooters I know must have terrible back and neck problems, my friend was shooting on a sigma 500 with a d700 and we pretty much got identical shots for a lot of it, though he was getting a lot of blur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Excellant pics....crystal clear is right!. Wish I had a proper lens to shoot my passion (road races) still all in good time.

Anymore pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Excellant pics....crystal clear is right!. Wish I had a proper lens to shoot my passion (road races) still all in good time.

Anymore pics?

Thanks Wonda-Boy, that's them all in the set just the 130. I took about 16gbs worth of shots on the day but its really like a slideshow of the different stunts and maneuvers performed on the day so they are not too different than other shots. I was hoping the US Air Force would show up again this year, it was a much smaller show than last year and the year before which didn't help in the number of uploaded pictures. I'm talking to someone about doing some air to air work soon, if it goes ahead I'll put some online. :)

Advertisement