Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treacys Hotel 1 - Facebook chick 0

Options
  • 24-07-2012 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭

I'm kind of amazed this hasn't been posted here already, its already up on AH

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=396895033707659&id=146785665385265

This woman posted about Treacys Hotel in Waterford on her facebook page
    Celina HehirTreacys Hotel Waterford
    Sunday at 19:23 ·
    My partner of 10 yrs had his stag do in waterford last nite at dis hotel 17 men went dwn 1,120€ which was paid b4 arrival...wen d arrived ystrdy dis hotel asked dem 2 pay anoda 50e 4 a overnite deposit which d were guarnteed 2 gt bk nxt morn...d didnt gt netin dat was ment to b include in dere package...no finger food no round of shots no breakfast no deposit bk i think dis hotel was trying to earn some easy cash ,im going ta go on evry radio station nd get all dem boys to gv dere comment nd let evry tourist i know from my job all about dis sceeming hotel ...700€ is alot of money 2day smalls claim court i think....

Treacys replied
    Hi Celina. I would like to tell you the truth about the events around your partners stag party. I would not like to disgrace people on the internet so if you could so kindly send me your phone number in a private email I will let you know the facts of the night. Then i am sure you will remove these comments.

and then
    Treacys Hotel Waterford It is unfortunate that I am left with no choice but to publicly state here on Facebook the true events that surrounds your partners stag party. Firstly, your partners stag party brought a lady back to their hotel room. Non-paying guests are not allowed stay in our hotel rooms for many reasons. At 1.06am this lady set off the smoke alarm. We received many complaints from guests especially from families with young children being disturbed at such an hour with great fright. At 5am we received more noise complaints from the stag party. This time our night porter entered the room and could smell smoke and illegal substances. The lady had still not left the hotel room. We had no choice but to contact Gardai. The lady was removed from room at 6.30am screaming and shouting disturbing guests once again. It was at this stage that the party were told they would not receive their security deposit back as this now would need to cover cleaning charges. All morning reception were inundated with complaints due tp your partners stag party. When the stag party were checking out they used threatening and abusive behaviour towards other guests, infront of children and to hotel staff. It was when a member of the party jumped the reception counter to physically hurt a member of staff Gardai were called again.

and then
    I
    n relation to the stag party not receiving what was included in their package with Stagit (stag party organizer) it was all clearly stated in their itinerary from Stagit which other pubs they needed to go to and at what time they would get finger food and round of shots. It was never arranged to have finger food and round of shots in Treacys Hotel. As for breakfast if the party had been up in time they would have received. We have footage of all the nights events.

Cue hilarity and all and sundry piling in to mock her spelling and her partner. Well done Treacys for sticking up for themselves in such a funny way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Sounded like a good stag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

NIMAN wrote: »

Sigh. Perhaps you missed the first line of my post
    I'm kind of amazed this hasn't been posted here already, its already up on AH

• Registered Users Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You're right, I didn't see it. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I smell a rat. I say it was a member of the stag party that put up that facebook post for the laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That is simply amazing....... I'd say they are loving the publicity, you can't buy this kind of press.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Link no work!

Has it been deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 concernman

Having looked at tripadvisor reviews for this hotel, I can safely say i will never stay there. The management responses for bad reviews are very rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

concernman wrote: »
    Having looked at tripadvisor reviews for this hotel, I can safely say i will never stay there. The management responses for bad reviews are very rude.

I can't really say much about the hotel as I haven't ever stayed there but I don't think the management responses for bad reviews were rude?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186638-d505003-Reviews-Treacys_Hotel_Waterford-Waterford_County_Waterford.html#REVIEWS (I scrolled through to view the terrible reviews with management responses and read about 3)

Think it's just a standard enough hotel with nothing too fancy in it.

As for the Gym / Pool I hear that's fairly good, if a little small.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

I saw it up on Joe.ie, I really hope this is true...

It would be such poetic justice....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

concernman wrote: »

I just read one of their responses to a bad review and I have to say it impressed me hugely. The hotel seems to take good care of it's staff and does not allow them to be abused by ridiculously demanding customers. In my experience this generally leads to staff who are happier in their jobs and provide much better customer care to the rest of their customers. As well as that, they have a business to run and have every right to politely but firmly address any complaints made against them on a public forum. I also have to say that's it's a nice touch that they go to the time of responding to each review, good or bad.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186638-d505003-r129204579-Treacys_Hotel_Waterford-Waterford_County_Waterford.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Stokolan wrote: »
    Link no work!

Has it been deleted?

Yes but someone stuck it up on imgur before the deletion

[URL="/http://imgur.com/NOZUJ"]/http://imgur.com/NOZUJ[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭looksee

People keep saying that it is a marketing ploy by Treacy's. I cannot imagine any hotel using as marketing the fact that they allow stag parties of the rabble variety that this one was. Nor are they going to suggest that money is not refunded - the whole idea is nonsense. They have to take bookings wherever they can find them, but that doesn't mean the customers can treat the place the same as they would treat their home (presumably that's how they behave at home? No?)

Obviously Treacy's do not hold back in responding to criticism, in this case they were right imo.

Businesses can only allow Facebook warriors so much leeway, then they have to respond. If you choose to go to fb instead of emailing the hotel then you have to put up with the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

They weren't interested in responding to my recent correspondence to them about coaches obstructing the left lane approach to the bridge during peak traffic times. As far as I know, they didn't bother responding to City Council either at the time.

I'm sure they are justified re the stag party issue and can imagine the stress caused by the visiting scumbags. I still wouldn't dream of recommending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Worked there for a while as a teenager. Don't miss the place at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    i stayed there last year on a stags,thought it was a good hotel.no problems,came back from the pub and stayed in residents bar for a few.hotel did the right thing from what i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭looksee

old gregg wrote: »
    I'm sure they are justified re the stag party issue and can imagine the stress caused by the visiting scumbags. I still wouldn't dream of recommending them.

I would not use or recommend them either, based on the way one of my teenage children was treated when working for them many years ago. That does not alter my view of the rights and wrongs of the current situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

They mentioned it on Todayfm haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What show?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

580964_10151055183552180_1650033135_n.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    I would not use or recommend them either, based on the way one of my teenage children was treated when working for them many years ago. That does not alter my view of the rights and wrongs of the current situation.

Is that you mammy? yeah they treated us really badly. I didnt stay to long down there because they where just arseholes. One or two of them where grand.

I used to work there, sounds like a regular saturday night!

Some craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sully wrote: »
    580964_10151055183552180_1650033135_n.jpg

:D

Got there before me...... gave me a serious lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Me too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

tracert wrote: »

Sure if tis in the sun what the sun says must be true!! :rolleyes:

Edz87 wrote: »
    I used to work there, sounds like a regular saturday night!

Some craic!
    That big one. Can't think of her name. The heavy daughter. Jesus she was. a complete tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

old gregg wrote: »
    They weren't interested in responding to my recent correspondence to them about coaches obstructing the left lane approach to the bridge during peak traffic times. As far as I know, they didn't bother responding to City Council either at the time.

In fairness, the Quay is the only Dual Carriageway in Ireland where you can park in the inside lane to buy a cone. Treacy's aren't the only offenders there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

tracert wrote: »

However in another twist, a spokesman for the Garda Press Office said they had “no report” of a call-out to the hotel.

Advertisement