Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treacys Hotel 1 - Facebook chick 0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

And so the plot thickens

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Dis iz vary inderesdin. HMmm no caps waz calld 2 da hutel.
    Ok. so sum wan haz a lat of x-plaining ta du duday me dinks.

XXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

deisemum wrote: »
    However in another twist, a spokesman for the Garda Press Office said they had “no report” of a call-out to the hotel.

[Side rant]
    Completely on a tangent but lazy journalism really is one of those little things that gets under my skin way more than it should!! Who has no report, the Press Office or Waterford Gardai? Did they check how long does it take for a call out to get written up as the cops might still be doing it? Both the hotel and the stag party say they called the cops so what's the journo getting at?
    OK, I'm over it. Apologies. :o
    [\Side rant]

Back on the topic though...I feel sorry for her naivete but what were they thinking at all? When he got home it should have been "great weekend dear, good fun, nothing to report bar a hangover".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

tracert wrote: »

Regarding this article do the sun not have a graphic designer who can remove red eye from pictures ? . Its looks so amateurish ..... :D.
    Oh yeah she looks like a classy bird :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

And it took two people to write that sun article.

Facebook and boards has just made it too easy for "journalists" these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

deisemum wrote: »
    However in another twist, a spokesman for the Garda Press Office said they had “no report” of a call-out to the hotel.

The hotel would ahve called local garda station, not emergency number. As there was no action taken, it probably did not need to be logged.

On look at the image of the yob who's stag it was would give an idea as to who is telling the truth. I'd back Treacy's on this one.

BTW - The girlfriend seems to "know" a lot about what went on, but she wasn't there??? Me thinks she's telling a lot of porkies and also was told a lot of porkies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

What ever happened to 'What happens on the Stag, stays on the Stag'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

How about that drive in?
    I guess that's why they call it "Sin City".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The hotel would ahve called local garda station, not emergency number. As there was no action taken, it probably did not need to be logged.
    If Gardaí attended there will definitely be a log in the station, even if no action is subsequently taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

That big one. Can't think of her name. The heavy daughter. Jesus she was. a complete tool.

Lol, some great adjectives there Brad :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Yer man broke the "never whine about money to your girlfriend" rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Sure if tis in the sun what the sun says must be true!! :rolleyes:

You can say that about any newspaper article you read.

Incidentally, The Sun newspaper, while it may be a tabloid, is actually quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

That rule was broken when the groom to be told his bride to be that he didn't get his deposit back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Pebble on the Beach

Dis iz vary inderesdin. HMmm no caps waz calld 2 da hutel.
    Ok. so sum wan haz a lat of x-plaining ta du duday me dinks.

XXXX

Hahaha ... you've obviously posted this as a joke to illustrate the lack of spelling/grammar that was used in the girl's complaint to the hotel. Good one, you almost had me there!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

sandin wrote: »

On look at the image of the yob who's stag it was would give an idea as to who is telling the truth. I'd back Treacy's on this one.

Just out of curiosity, what is in the picture that tells you he is a yob?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Mr Treacy takes no prisoners. He was a Gardai years ago. He wont let anybody who tried to give his hotel a bad name, getting away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Mr Treacy takes no prisoners. He was a Gardai years ago. He wont let anybody who tried to give his hotel a bad name, getting away with it.

No wonder he isn't a Gaurd anymore if he didn't take any prisoners.

No wonder he isn't a Gaurd anymore if he didn't take any prisoners.

Yeah !! But his good detective work had done the damage to their relationship. He is ruthless without taking any prisoners..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

The owner of the hotel comes across as a complete knob with his responses on facebook and on tripadvisor

The owner of the hotel comes across as a complete knob with his responses on facebook and on tripadvisor

You're entitled to your opinion, of course your opinion is completely wrong. The hotel had every right to respond to public accusations.

• Advertisement

You're entitled to your opinion, of course your opinion is completely wrong. The hotel had every right to respond to public accusations.

Of course they had every right to respond, No one is disputing that, It's the manner of the responses that is the problem, The hotel has got itself a bad rep for this, Have you seen the tripadvisor page?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what is in the picture that tells you he is a yob?

HIM.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If Gardaí attended there will definitely be a log in the station, even if no action is subsequently taken.

Unless things have changed, and to the best of my knowledge, all calls are recorded in a big book. Doesn't matter what happened, but generally its all recorded anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sully wrote: »
    Unless things have changed, and to the best of my knowledge, all calls are recorded in a big book. Doesn't matter what happened, but generally its all recorded anyway.
    I love this. Just a big book kept under the counter.

I love this. Just a big book kept under the counter.

dep_2810703-Ancient-book-and-feather.jpg

Of course they had every right to respond, No one is disputing that, It's the manner of the responses that is the problem, The hotel has got itself a bad rep for this, Have you seen the tripadvisor page?

I'd have no problem at all with how they respond on their pages. I'm sick of the way people are supposed to talk to customers these days. People have become so precious. I can't believe how they spoke to me...telling me I was wrong...how dare they. Grow up ta fcuk. If the hotel is wrong, I'm sure they are apologetic. If they are right, and being abused by a customer, I'd be inclined to forgive them a little smugness.

I'd have no problem at all with how they respond on their pages. I'm sick of the way people are supposed to talk to customers these days. People have become so precious. I can't believe how they spoke to me...telling me I was wrong...how dare they. Grow up ta fcuk. If the hotel is wrong, I'm sure they are apologetic. If they are right, and being abused by a customer, I'd be inclined to forgive them a little smugness.

Well going by their trip advisor page according to the hotel they are never in the wrong, that's not just a little smugness, it's ridiculous some of the replies they give.
    If you stayed there and had an issue and then received a little smug reply I'm sure you'd feel a little different than you do now.

Well going by their trip advisor page according to the hotel they are never in the wrong, that's not just a little smugness, it's ridiculous some of the replies they give.
    If you stayed there and had an issue and then received a little smug reply I'm sure you'd feel a little different than you do now.

As I said, if the hotel was in the wrong and that was obviously the case, then I'd be expecting an apology.

Can you give me a link to some of these trip advisor pages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Are you related to Cecila H ?

• Advertisement

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Are you related to Cecila H ?

:pac: I think he is ! Good one boy !

Advertisement