Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean Fitz arrested

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Noooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Those speed cameras at the airport are a bitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

its good to hear that people at the top are being arrested and questioned,but will they get convictions and prison time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The judge should set bail at €1 million...wouldn't that be ironic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

No. Just a slap on the wrist and be told do not do this again. Remember this is Ireland where bankers are a law onto themselves like our politicians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

CJC999 wrote: »
    CJC999 wrote: »

Yep, €2 million would be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

Gettim up against the wall!

Then shoot him.

With a camera for the papers because that'll be really embarrasing for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

cunnijo wrote: »
    No. Just a slap on the wrist and be told do not do this again. Remember this is Ireland where bankers are a law onto themselves like our politicians.

Actually think there will be prison time for them. They have been very careful in getting their case together. Hopefully they dont feck up on using an out of date warrant or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Bearing in mind they have begun arresting and charging them , that is a silly comment.
    Dunlop got Jail, so did Rambo Burke.
    Hopefully that thieving bast*rd Fingers Fingleton will be next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The wheels seem to be on motion.

Dartz wrote: »
    Gettim up against the wall!

Then shoot him.

With a camera for the papers because that'll be really embarrasing for him.

Embarassing?? Just great PR. To Seanie it's like water off a ducks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Release him onto the land and then hunt him. He gets a chance to get away and live a nice life in a sycamore tree and the people get a chance to run him across the country, corner him and tear him to bits.

Win win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Actually think there will be prison time for them. They have been very careful in getting their case together. Hopefully they dont feck up on using an out of date warrant or something.

You know its gonna happen though, all that time and energy and then he gets off because a gardai forgot to wear his hat to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

If I was one of the arresting Garda I would've gladly left him on the plane for €100,000. Where's the entrpeneurialship gone in this country?:mad:

LordSmeg wrote: »
    You know its gonna happen though, all that time and energy and then he gets off because a gardai forgot to wear his hat to court.

I totally agree. There could be probally some technicality where the case could collapse but hopefully not. Personally the bast*rd should be locked away for a long time along with that other weasel David (living the life of luxury in the USA) Drumm.

The wheels seem to be on motion.

I hope they got rid of the square wheels they've been using since 2008, and replaced them with the more useful round ones.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I hope they got rid of the square wheels they've been using since 2008, and replaced them with the more useful round ones.
    They were pretty round here
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0526/dunlopf.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'd say they have a detailed road-map to the slammer for these guys.

They'd be extremely foolish not to. There would be widespread anger if they get away without serving a prison sentence.

• Advertisement

They'd be extremely foolish not to. There would be widespread anger if they get away without serving a prison sentence.

A long a protracted one I suspect costing us taxpayers more. But with the right result it will be worth it. But make sure we get Mr (living a life of luxury in the USA) Drumm too. This would be the icing on the cake.

SocSocPol wrote: »

He probably had more enemies in high places than the Anglo shower.

They should put razor wire around one of the ghost estates and keep them in there for thirty years.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    He probably had more enemies in high places than the Anglo shower.

They should put razor wire around one of the ghost estates and keep them in there for thirty years.

Yes , yes, yes, I love it:D

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Yes , yes, yes, I love it:D

Which one, as there is soooooo much to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Closing statement of defence:
    "Your honour he comes from a good upbringing and is a regular mass goer"
    Judge "Hmm I see, suspended sentence so"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

The chances are that the Judge prob borrowed a couple of million off him back in the Anglo days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Whatever about Sean Quinn, this fella is a right aul bastard. Hope he goes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Forsure

Was he trying to get out of the country as quickly as possible on foot of yesterdays detainment of Willie McAteer?

Or just another holiday for the boul' Seanie?

Which one, as there is soooooo much to choose from.

The one with the worst sewage problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Finally, let's hope the bastard is incarcerated for a very looooong time:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

two of his buddies charged yesterday and the Gardai catch him at the airprot. nothing strange with that obviously just off on the annual family holiday to santa ponsa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

And brian cowen for helping his buddy?

We need the prisons reformed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Faolchu wrote: »
    two of his buddies charged yesterday and the Gardai catch him at the airprot. nothing strange with that obviously just off on the annual family holiday to santa ponsa

Makes it all the more difficult for him to get bail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Who is this Sean FitzPatrick? Does he play for Bohs, or something:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Going somewhere Seanie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

when is former financial regulator Michael Neary the most incompetant public servant this state has seen going to be arrested? The bankers were trying (and i emphasise the word trying) to make profits, all the financial regulator had to do was keep an eye on the banks and regulate them...and Neary was the epitome of incompetence at doing so.

i'm not standing up for bankers in any way above, but like i said bankers were answerable to shareholders with the goal of making profits and boosting share prices. The financial regulator had one simple clear role...and boy did he screw up big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Smoke him and leave his body in the street as a warning to others.

That's the only sort of reform these people understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

the budget is going to be a stinker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Gonna post an earnest reply:o

I'm bloody delighted. If you think about it, we give handbag snatchers a harder time in our legal system and these guys have been so reckless, it's like the taxpayer gets his/ her wallet stolen every month!!

Ya know, we've plenty of laws in this country, if we'd just implement 3/4 of them we'd have a bit less expenses cleaning up the mess!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Was he making a run for it at the airport??!

Totally agree that Fingelton and Drumm need to brought in next....

Are they still getting the astronomical pemsions??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

Rasheed wrote: »
    Was he making a run for it at the airport?

According to the Irish Times, no, he'd just got off a flight from the States.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0724/breaking7.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Can someone explain to me in layman's terms what this guy actually did? Was he fiddling books somewhere? Was he the head of a bank? Why does everyone hate him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

bamboozle wrote: »
    when is former financial regulator Michael Neary the most incompetant public servant this state has seen going to be arrested? The bankers were trying (and i emphasise the word trying) to make profits, all the financial regulator had to do was keep an eye on the banks and regulate them...and Neary was the epitome of incompetence at doing so.

i'm not standing up for bankers in any way above, but like i said bankers were answerable to shareholders with the goal of making profits and boosting share prices. The financial regulator had one simple clear role...and boy did he screw up big time.

And what would we charge him with ? Being useless at his job...unfortunately not a criminal offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

So tell me this , do people think the fact that Quinn wasn't put away with his son last week and this week 3 ex Anglo bosses get arrested is co-incidence.

I reckon Quinn has turned States evidence ......... "Don't put me away and Ill tell you exactly how the Anglo share prop up scheme worked ....."

It will be years before any of these guys see the inside of The Joy

bamboozle wrote: »

Yep, this.

I also want to see some politicians get busted for negligance or whatever. Today we have a massive deficit because of the sh1te they created while they are sitting comfortable on massive pensions. I saw Bertie Aherns face yesterday in a picture and I got sick. He overinflated the country financially so that he could fill his own pockets for then and the future. Not once did he care for this country especially when he was ignoring warnings from the ESRI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

go to Youtube and enter 'anglo grey market'... watch the first video, it explains everything very clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Yep, this.

I also want to see some politicians get busted for negligance or whatever. Today we have a massive deficit because of the sh1te they created while they are sitting comfortable on massive pensions. I saw Bertie Aherns face yesterday in a picture and I got sick. He overinflated the country financially so that he could fill his own pockets for then and the future. Not once did he care for this country especially when he was ignoring warnings from the ESRI.

What the people voted for Fianna Fail, should they be arrested for negligence?

Davidth88 wrote: »
    So tell me this , do people think the fact that Quinn wasn't put away with his son last week and this week 3 ex Anglo bosses get arrested is co-incidence.

I reckon Quinn has turned States evidence ......... "Don't put me away and Ill tell you exactly how the Anglo share prop up scheme worked ....."

It will be years before any of these guys see the inside of The Joy

If they do get banged up into jail, it's going to cost us, the taxpayer more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me in layman's terms what this guy actually did? Was he fiddling books somewhere? Was he the head of a bank? Why does everyone hate him?

it seems to me according to reports in the media they have charged him in connection with helping the quinn family buy shares in the bank.

This means, I think, that he loaned them money to buy the shares.

this could be the offense of 'lying to the market' which carries a 10 year jail scentence

What the people voted for Fianna Fail, should they be arrested for negligence?

The majority of the damage was done between 2002 and 2007, especially with year on year increases with public expenditure in the budget. Where in FF 2002 maninfesto did they say they were going to increase spending year on year on year? People did not vote for that. People were not outside the dail on budget days, chanting 'GIVE US MORE'. Nobody else was at the public expenditure books but FF.

• Advertisement
Advertisement