Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Katie Taylor load of shi*te

• 24-07-2012 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Is everyone in this country mental? Katie Taylor? What? Hold on a minute now. A woman beating the living sh*t out of another woman...am I the only one who finds it wrong? If she wins at knocking the head of some foreign wagon then we are to cheer and celebrate our nation? Load of crap.

Admittedly Katie would kick seven colours of crap out of me but I am certain I would crawl away with my spirit intact, knowing that I, a man, was beaten by a 26 year old empty headed, inarticulate, buffoon. After being beaten I could talk to the media and say, "She beat me fair and square, well done."

Whereas Katie would most likely say in her most monotone and suicide inducing voice, "Well, you know, I, you know, trained hard, well, me da, well, training, Olympics, 2012, training, for me country....bla bla bla"

I'm ashamed that the hopes of a nation lie with the ability of one woman to punch the crap out of another. It may be a talent, but it's not a commendable one and should not be celebrated like those in the media are purporting.

For me the Olympics are a bore at the best of times. I might tune in for Usain Bolt and a bit of fapping at the gymnastics but as for the rest...screw it.

I remember there being true excitement in the country for Sonia when she strode home, but what happened since then? We have no Sonia's, so we'll all get behind a vacuous bint from Bray for the sake of it?

She's not a hero, she's a howiya with a good uppercut.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

The most important thing here is you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Shut up ya fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Get a blog ffs. She's an athlete, and Olympic boxing is more about scoring points than punching the head off someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Ah cmon now. I agree she's over hyped and her voice would drive ya to the pier. But its not as if she did nothing to get where she is. In her chosen field she is exceptional.

So Id have more time for her than the thousands of other annoying bastards who are shoved down our throat that have no discernible talent at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Arpa wrote: »
    Is everyone in this country mental? Katie Taylor? What? Hold on a minute now. A woman beating the living sh*t out of another woman...am I the only one who finds it wrong? If she wins at knocking the head of some foreign wagon then we are to cheer and celebrate our nation? Load of crap.

Admittedly Katie would kick seven colours of crap out of me but I am certain I would crawl away with my spirit intact, knowing that I, a man, was beaten by a 26 year old empty headed, inarticulate, buffoon. After being beaten I could talk to the media and say, "She beat me fair and square, well done."

Whereas Katie would most likely say in her most monotone and suicide inducing voice, "Well, you know, I, you know, trained hard, well, me da, well, training, Olympics, 2012, training, for me country....bla bla bla"

I'm ashamed that the hopes of a nation lie with the ability of one woman to punch the crap out of another. It may be a talent, but it's not a commendable one and should not be celebrated like those in the media are purporting.

For me the Olympics are a bore at the best of times. I might tune in for Usain Bolt and a bit of fapping at the gymnastics but as for the rest...screw it.

I remember there being true excitement in the country for Sonia when she strode home, but what happened since then? We have no Sonia's, so we'll all get behind a vacuous bint from Bray for the sake of it?

No you're not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Sexism, borderline paedophilia, and snobbery.

You're either a very poor troll or very jealous of Katie, who's probably already achieved more in her life and earned more respect than you ever will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

The highlighted parts of you post say more about your ignorance than anything else:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Can't wait for the Trollympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Well that was a load of bitter, jealous, begrudging crap.

I am proud of Katie and wish her all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Superb effort OP, and you're correct about the Olympics being a bore.

However the country hasn't had a good bandwagon to get aboard since early June so leave the people alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

stimpson wrote: »

They've started already,OP had the opening ceremony just there now with the leftover can of Dutch Gold from last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

stimpson wrote: »

Seriously, it's like they're not even trying anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I might tune in for Usain Bolt and a bit of fapping at the gymnastics...

Sexually excited by children much?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Basic Misunderstanding of sport.....

Look at that person training to run in a straight line...idiot

Look at that person training to kick a ball around a field....idiot

Boxing isnt just about beating the head off each other, like a lot of sports its a tactical battle between two individuals who've spent their lives dedicated to being the best they can be at that sport.

Katie Taylor happens to be one of the best talents who has come out of Irish sport, so yes we should be applauding her all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Any athlete from Ireland that can rise to become one of the best in the world at their discipline deserves respect at the very least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the olympics will remain ****e until quake or starcraft are recognised competitions in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Katie is great. Fuck you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This is hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Worst post of the year, congrats! :rolleyes:
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Superb effort OP, and you're correct about the Olympics being a bore.

However the country hasn't had a good bandwagon to get aboard since early June so leave the people alone.

How so? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Knew this would probably incite outrage at "our gifted athlete", and it's served my purpose. It's all a load of crap..."Go on Katie!!"...good God, have we nothing else to cheer about than her? It's all hype. She may win a medal..but so what? I won't be proud of it. She will probably say something like, "Well, oim veree prowid of dooin ih for me cuntree, ya know me da, and Olympics, 'n all". Is that the best we can produce? Is that the athlete we want representing us? Is this the sport we want to excel in? Beating the sh*t out of each other?

Jesus, we have much more talented people in our small isle than this. Stop following because right now there is nothing better to follow. Be ashamed, be very ashamed.

I don't mind standing alone and shouting out, "Katie Taylor, I don't give two shakes of a nanny goat's diddy how you perform in the Olympics. You're sport is horrid, a fallacy, particularly because it's sung as some noble way to remove oneself from impoverishment. "Ah sure isn't de young lad great, he's worked his way up de ranks and off de mean streets".

You're being sold a lie. All the kids in boxing clubs emulating this woman are destined to have their dreams dashed. Not just because very few will make it, but also because the ones that don't will be so brain damaged they won't even continue to Leaving Certificate examinations. Stop this ridiculousness.

Boxing....if you want to make yourself stupid go ahead. However don't subject our youth to it as a laudable endeavour and certainly don't celebrate it on the back of our nation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Sounds like you just don't like boxing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Seriously op, if you keep talking sh1te like that, you are going to go brown around the mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I don't mind standing alone and shouting out, "Katie Taylor, I don't give two shakes of a nanny goat's diddy how you perform in the Olympics. You're sport is horrid, a fallacy, particularly because it's sung as some noble way to remove oneself from impoverishment. "Ah sure isn't de young lad great, he's worked his way up de ranks and off de mean streets".

To be fair if you are gonna shout that out you may want to shorten it down a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ranting & raving or Boxing if you have the guts.
    Banned from AH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement