Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Angling Recommendations

Options
  • 24-07-2012 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of taking my son on a sea angling trip. He is 6 and this would be his first trip so a half day session would be enough.

Anyone able to make a recommendation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭WildWater

Thanks for that Biko but I was kind of hoping that someone would be able to give a recommendation based on personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Hi there

I have been deep sea fishing on numerous occasions. The last number of trips have always been out of Rosses Point (about hour and a half from Tuam). PM if you want contact details. Skipper does half days and full days. Usually 6-8 people so boat is not crammed. Guaranteed to catch Mack, coalie, pollack, ling, codling. We have also had ray, plaice, dabs and wrasse. His brother has a little cosy pub and restaurant and he will cook you catch if you want the dinner there. Nothing better than chilling with a few beers on the way back to land whilst cleaning the fish. Would recommend him highly. He actually had an apperance on Ireland AM a year or so ago talking about his business. With a small boy, I would recommend an evening session or half day, just in case ye don't like it. Rough sea's can blow up fairly fast. You can ring him on a fine morning and see does he have an evening trip planned with room for you. IF you book a full day a week or so in advance, the weather might be unsettled which could spoil your trip. Great for kids overall. Your always sure to get mackerel which is a real confidence booster at an early age. You coulf bring him to a lake or river for hours on end, catch nothing and it would turn him of angling.

Advertisement