Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A full Irish breakfast

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Im getting up and having breakfast now. Im having porridge cause im on a diet. Thanks for making me want a fry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

alproctor wrote: »
    Kearneys sausages in Carlow.
    Nolans sausages in Kilcullen.

The finest sausages known to mankind.

Nah. Can't beat Clonakilty or Jack McCarthy in Cork, boyyyy! :D My friends go mad for them and take back loads when they're over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Beans ruin it, the sauce gets everywhere, no beans!

Other than that, 2 good quality sausage, 2 rasher, runny egg, 1 black,1 white and a bundle of toast with real butter. All washed down with a nice cold beverage, my personal preference is a can of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Im getting up and having breakfast now. Im having porridge cause im on a diet. Thanks for making me want a fry.

I am going to have a hunger busting fry. I am male and have the metabolism many would die for. Might even have a round two. Hard luck, woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

kfallon wrote: »
    Yeah Irish sausages have killed millions of Jews.......

Well, given that pork isn't kosher.....

IrishAm wrote: »
    Yet those that produce them keep winning globally recognised awards.....

Talking bollix, bud.

Oh they have awards for sausages now, well if they have the razzies I suppose they give awards for any old shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Oh the hash browns are gorgeous, my favourite part! No beans though, nice with mashed potatoes, not with a fry.

Ok now Im hungry and it's only 10am!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Chips with a fry up? :eek: thats not right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

The best full Irish you'll ever get is in the Good Times Cafe in Arklow :) best breakfast ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I;m a porridge person too, nothing like it.
    However I do have a fry on these days and don't feel a bit guilty

Christmas morning
    Easter morning
    the Morning I go on holidays (airport fry)
    First morning of having visitors

Thats about it - can go for months without one, but when I have one, I flipping love it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Eggs benni for me these days, gone all upmarket I have

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

-

There are some that will say you'd be better off with a fry!

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf#tips

-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

Gone all quuuuuuuare more like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Turned into a 'benny' imo :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Anyone ever have a fry for dinner? We do that every now and again, tis nice. :D Stick some soda bread and some waffles with it then, more substantial! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭mallards

Two Cookstown thick sausages, one black, one white, one vegetable roll. Two nice rashers. Fried soda bread, wheaten bread and potato bread, maybe a fried pancake at a push. Crowned with a soft fried egg. Carlsberg don't do breakfasts but if they did it would be an Ulster fry. Fit to choke a horse! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

mallards wrote: »
    Two Cookstown thick sausages, one black, one white, one vegetable roll. Two nice rashers. Fried soda bread, wheaten bread and potato bread, maybe a fried pancake at a push. Crowned with a soft fried egg. Carlsberg don't do breakfasts but if they did it would be an Ulster fry. Fit to choke a horse! ;-)

WTF is a vegetable roll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Not sure if its still there but the 3 Steps Cafe in Bondi had a "Big Oz Country Breakfast" which had all the ingredients of a full Irish, plus chips on top and a steak underneath it all! Definately contributed to me returning home with the Sydney Stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Amakadamus

In fairness there is nothing Irish about it. There is an Ulster fry up which is different and found only in Ulster. What's the difference? Unleavened bread. I used to eat cornflakes for breakfast, quarter pounder or ulster fry up for morning tea, quarter pounder and chips for lunch, either McDonalds, KFC pizza Bruger King etc in large for evening tea and for supper tubs of ice cream, bags of doritos, you get the picture.
    Your meat is insane. Go vegan. Veg is food. Meat isn't. Meat = heart thinning tablets, fat and weak muscles. Veg = lean iron and vitamin rich food evolved to be purposely tasty. But taste of meat? You are insane, and through selective subsidy, your government is keeping you that way while the rest of the world changes. Go vegan. The fry up is not a natural Irish breakfast. Stuff with hazlenuts in it is.

Amakadamus wrote: »
    In fairness there is nothing Irish about it. There is an Ulster fry up which is different and found only in Ulster. What's the difference? Unleavened bread. I used to eat cornflakes for breakfast, quarter pounder or ulster fry up for morning tea, quarter pounder and chips for lunch, either McDonalds, KFC pizza Bruger King etc in large for evening tea and for supper tubs of ice cream, bags of doritos, you get the picture.
    Your meat is insane. Go vegan. Veg is food. Meat isn't. Meat = heart thinning tablets, fat and weak muscles. Veg = lean iron and vitamin rich food evolved to be purposely tasty. But taste of meat? You are insane, and through selective subsidy, your government is keeping you that way while the rest of the world changes. Go vegan. The fry up is not a natural Irish breakfast. Stuff with hazlenuts in it is.

I'd rather chop my own balls off than go vegan tbh!

MCMLXXV wrote: »

WTF is a vegetable roll?

Same shape and size as a black or white pudding. Made of minced beef from brisket etc then flavored with leeks, carrot etc finely chopped and lots of pepper. Tasty little bugger!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ulster Fry ftw!
    Can't beat a breakfast with soda bread
    Given that Irish 'sausages' are worse than Hitler, Chuck has the right of it.

There are lot of things wrong with Ireland but we've some of the best produce in the world

You are probably buying cheap own brand muck

Go for quality, there are lots of options, Shaws of Limerick is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Same shape and size as a black or white pudding. Made of minced beef from brisket etc then flavored with leeks, carrot etc finely chopped and lots of pepper. Tasty little bugger!

Not really a 'vegetable' roll then is it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Amakadamus wrote: »

get a haircut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

the only thing a full irish is good for is dehydrating you more...
    Digusting things glorified bye i like to get tanked up on a saturday...

Mush rather a gooey scrambled eggs.. and some good toasted bread

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Not really a 'vegetable' roll then is it? ;)
    I know but with all the other bits in it, it's at least three of your five a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Matt the Rashers famous breakfast ftw.
    3 sausage
    2 rashers
    2 fried eggs
    1 hash brown
    mushrooms
    beans
    Black and white pudding
    liver
    tomato
    Tea and toast

They replace the liver with an extra sausage or rasher if you don't want it. Cures any hangover.

How could you even finish all that? ^^^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Cienciano wrote: »
    Matt the Rashers famous breakfast ftw.
    3 sausage
    2 rashers
    2 fried eggs
    1 hash brown
    mushrooms
    beans
    Black and white pudding
    liver
    tomato
    Tea and toast

They replace the liver with an extra sausage or rasher if you don't want it. Cures any hangover.

Take out the mushrooms, pudding, liver and tea and add in a glass of orange juice and thats your perfect breakfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Beans are horrible and should be no where near a fry.Two runny eggs, boxty,and streaky bacon breakfast of champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Take out the mushrooms, pudding, liver and tea and add in a glass of orange juice and thats your perfect breakfast.

Orange juice with a hangover, are you mad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

2 x Sausages
    2 x Rashers (Crispy)
    2 x Black Pudding
    2 x White Pudding
    4 x Hash Browns
    Scoop of Beans
    2 x Slices of Toast/Soda Bread
    Glass of chilled OJ

:D

That's my perfect fry, don't like eggs or tea :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

As long as there's enough toast to leave the plate so that it doesn't have to be washed after then it's all good for the essential runny eggs and beans....

Another question, when is it too late in the day for a fry? When I used to live in Dublin there was place in Portobello (name escapes me now) that on more than one occasion after a night out you could go in there for a bottle of wine and a fry, so wrong yet so right in many many ways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm a fan of creamed mushrooms with mine, and poached eggs if I'm feeling particularly chef'y.

Hrmm, now I'm hungry.

They actually give you orange juice too, forgot about that. Small glass though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

My own personal fry is a few sausages, a few slices of bacon (both rasher and streaky if possible), a potato waffle or two, a potato farl or two, a few slices of fried salami (don't knock it till you've tried it), and a couple of toasted buttered breakfast muffins. Sauce can be heinz ketchup or barbecue sauce depending on what's in. Washed down with tea and orange juice.

Why is it that Germans, French etc are disgusted by what we eat breakfast? When I used to work in a multinational in Dublin, they could never get their head around the fact that we eat this stuff for breakfast.
    In Germany they eat cured meats and cheese and yoghurt etc for breakfast if they're eating out in a cafe for breakfast as a treat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Minus the rashers, eggs and tea too.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    There are lot of things wrong with Ireland but we've some of the best produce in the world

You are probably buying cheap own brand muck

Go for quality, there are lots of options, Shaws of Limerick is good

oh god, you're so right, what an amazing intellect you have, why didn't I think of tha--- oh no, wait, I have tried that shit and they are fucking awful too. Mostly full of rusk. What the shit is the point of championing something that is at best 40% meat and 60% "other"?

It's just how Irish (and UK) sausages are, being the "best" of that lot isn't an achievement.

• Advertisement

What's the most expensive brand you tried?

Why is it that Germans, French etc are disgusted by what we eat breakfast? When I used to work in a multinational in Dublin, they could never get their head around the fact that we eat this stuff for breakfast.
    In Germany they eat cured meats and cheese and yoghurt etc for breakfast if they're eating out in a cafe for breakfast as a treat.

Cured meats??? Cheese??? My God, those foreign freaks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

perfect fry = fried egg, rashers, black and white pudding, MALLONS sausages and toast preferably cut into triangles:cool: beans just ruin the whole thing

kfallon wrote: »
    Cured meats??? Cheese??? My God, those foreign freaks :pac:

I bet you like cured meats and cheese

mikemac1 wrote: »
    What's the most expensive brand you tried?

*shrug* - I've tried shaws a few times and then called it a day, sinking more money into a fundamentally flawed product seemed like a fools errand.

*shrug* - I've tried shaws a few times and then called it a day, sinking more money into a fundamentally flawed product seemed like a fools errand.

Are we talking an extra couple of euros on sausages or a major life changing investment here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The most important aspect is the quality of the produce.
    Personally i like my rashers and pudding grilled with sausages and eggs fried. And two black puddings, don't like white. The toast should be thick and white and not toasted too long. Eggs should be runny. Mug of tea. Mmmm

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Are we talking an extra couple of euros on sausages or a major life changing investment here?

Yes, in this case of a foodstuff that is tubes of pig taint and rusk, I am actually talking about a life changing investment.

This is exactly what is happening.

I bet you like cured meats and cheese

Not for breakfast I don't!

Yes, in this case of a foodstuff that is tubes of pig taint and rusk, I am actually talking about a life changing investment.

This is exactly what is happening.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused by the melodramatic 'sinking more money into a fundamentally flawed product'. It suggested something more than tubes of pig taint and rusk.

Would hate to see your reaction when you lose a five euro note...

oh god, you're so right, what an amazing intellect you have, why didn't I think of tha--- oh no, wait, I have tried that shit and they are fucking awful too. Mostly full of rusk. What the shit is the point of championing something that is at best 40% meat and 60% "other"?

It's just how Irish (and UK) sausages are, being the "best" of that lot isn't an achievement.
    I don't get it, a sausage is supposed to have rusk or bread in it, what's the problem?
    And "at best" 40% meat? Not sure about all brands, but superquinn sausages are 80% pork.

• Advertisement
Advertisement