Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A full Irish breakfast

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

When making one at home it usually consists of:
    2 Fried Eggs
    3 Sausages
    2 Rashers
    1 Black Pudding
    1 White Pudding
    1 Fried Slice
    Pint of (full fat) milk.

Enemies: Beans, Tomatoes, Mushrooms. :mad:

It's a toss up between The Kingfisher and The Lovin' Spoon, when getting a fry in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused by the melodramatic 'sinking more money into a fundamentally flawed product'. It suggested something more than tubes of pig taint and rusk.

Would hate to see your reaction when you lose a five euro note...

I'd hate to see you post something that isn't banal and pointless, I'd be concerned I'd crossed onto bizzaro world.
    Cienciano wrote: »
    I don't get it, a sausage is supposed to have rusk or bread in it, what's the problem?

That's not exactly universal, it's just a UK/Ireland thing.
    It's possible (but difficult) to get ones that are just meat and seasoning and they're pretty ok. But they're not the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I worked in a restaurant that did a choice of Full Irish, Ulster Fry or The Builders Breakfast. Builders Breakfast consisted of 2 fried eggs, 2 scrambled eggs, 3 jumbo mallons sausages, 2 rashers, black and white pudding, hash brown, soda farl, potato bread, beans, mushrooms, half portion of chips, basket of toast and brown bread and a large pot of tea or coffee. It had to be served on a pizza plate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

Archeron wrote: »
    In Meath, I once got a full Irish that had 2 sausages, 2 rashers, 2 eggs, 1 each of the pudding clan, beans, mushrooms, hash brown, toast and tea. All nice and normal, but it also came with a spring roll, 2 battered prawns and a bunch of grapes.

Was quite tasty too, never had sea creatures for breakfast before.

Oh Meath what a cultured part of the country..... Pity they're sh1te at football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

2 egg, 2 sausage, 2 rashers, beans, white toast with proper butter, and tea so strong you can stand the spoon up in it.

I'm quite fond of hash browns or farls, but they're not essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

As long as its washed back with a sugary cup of tea and a couple of silk cuts im a happy man. Heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

i like a lamb chop throw into my irish brekkie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Bad Panda wrote: »
    I believe you should have your eggs whichever way you like, so there should be an option of fried, poached or scrambled.

shut your face thats a sacrilige:eek:

2 rashers,2 sausages,2 fried eggs,mushrooms,black and white pudding,beans,tomato,fried bread,toast, and a big mug of tae

everything else is pure extravagance and just showing off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

2 sausages
    2 bacon
    2 white pudding
    1 black pudding
    1 potato bread
    1 egg (on top of potato bread)
    fried tomato
    mushrooms
    toast with real butter
    big pot of tea
    HP brown sauce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

2 sausages
    2 bacon
    2 white pudding
    1 black pudding
    1 potato bread
    1 egg (on top of potato bread)
    fried tomato
    mushrooms
    toast with real butter
    big pot of tea
    HP brown sauce

Sounds good to me, what time will you have it ready for me at???

Btw you can leave out the tomato ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Brown sauce, no no no

That breakfast is lacking Colemans English mustard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

kfallon wrote: »
    Sounds good to me, what time will you have it ready for me at???

Btw you can leave out the tomato ;)

I'll make you breakfast if you like? I'm a bloke but can I have a lame come on and a winky face too??? Pls???

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I'll make you breakfast if you like? I'm a bloke but can I have a lame come on and a winky face too??? Pls???

No! Cos aren't you the guy who thought it was ok to turn up for The Monday Club around 8pm??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

kfallon wrote: »
    No! Cos aren't you the guy who thought it was ok to turn up for The Monday Club around 8pm??

Then I decided I need to lay off the booze and stay away from it on Mondays :(

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Then I decided I need to lay off the booze and stay away from it on Mondays :(

You decided you made a show of yourself with that suggestion so you knew you couldn't go and join in :p

There's always next week tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

2 bacon,2 sausage, 1 fried egg, 2 of Each pudding(although I prefer the white),mushrooms, Beans 2 slices of toast a mug of tea and a decent paper....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Teangalad wrote: »
    2 bacon,2 sausage, 1 fried egg, 2 of Each pudding(although I prefer the white),mushrooms, Beans 2 slices of toast a mug of tea and a decent paper....

Yeah a good paper is also a must have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

TheBody wrote: »
    Once you have the essentials: Rashers, sausages, egg, beans and buckets of fat, everything else is a bonus.
    Anyone who puts beans in a Full Irish breakfast is a West Brit Jackeen. Fact*

* May not be a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Oh Meath what a cultured part of the country..... Pity they're sh1te at football
    I can tell by this one post alone, if anyone knows anything about culture, it's you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

how often would people have a full Irish now tho - I know it was always Sunday morning thing, but are people more health conscious now, and just having it once a month or less, or are there still people that have it on weekends, every weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I love beans and mushrooms included in a full breakfast. Delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Is it really a full Irish with coffee though? I don't think beans should form part of a full Irish.

We have one every Saturday, ours would have Superquinn sausages, rashers and black and white pudding, toast, fried egg and tomato. No hash browns, beans, other type of eggs or mushrooms. Also have to have McCambridges bread, love black or white pudding spread on it, yum.

how often would people have a full Irish now tho - I know it was always Sunday morning thing, but are people more health conscious now, and just having it once a month or less, or are there still people that have it on weekends, every weekend.

Think Xmas day was the last one I had! Usually only have them if away for a night or the weekend and staying in a hotel or B&B. Basically it needs to be made for me when I have a hangover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Anyone who puts beans in a Full Irish breakfast is a West Brit Jackeen. Fact*

* May not be a fact.

Beans are a culchie thing, no self respecting west brit jackeen would put them anywhere near his fry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

fried eggs, sausages, streaky rashers, black pudding, mushrooms, light toast. Orange/apple juice.

No beans.
    No tomato. Soggy sh!te.
    No tea.

Option on scrambled egg, white pudding or back rashers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭mikewest

WTF is wrong with people. A full irish means everything fryable in the house fried and served on a plate served with your choice of tea or coffee along with whatever bread is left in the cupboard - toasted if not too fresh. Anything else is just poncy and pre planned and definitely not the result of a result of a proper decent hangover.

Advertisement