Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double or 2 single kennels

• 24-07-2012 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi,
    We have 2 male border collie pups and are looking at kennels for them when they are a bit older.
    Should I get a large double kennel or 2 single kennels.
    Which dimensions should either of these options be?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm not sure what dimensions you would be looking at but I'd advise you to get 2 kennels, even though the pups might get on famously, as they get older they will want their own space every now and again, they will probably end up sharing or swapping the individual kennels but it would be good to have 2 just so they will have their own personal space.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

my sister has two dogs each had a kennel of there own,both are now in one {a big one}kennel ,they like each others company.a 7 yr old lab and 5 yr old terrier.they are great firends.

same with cousins dogs sleep togetheir at night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I think it will depend on the attitudes of the dogs as they get a bit older! they may turn out to be the best of friends and you'll have no problems with them both in one run but if one has a more dominant personality they may fight a lot over who is boss!

I myself at home have 2 female german shepherds in a run together and a male german shepherd and a male JRT in a run together and have no problems! but i cant put either female GSD with the male GSD and one of the females doesnt get on with the JRT! (When I leave all four out for a run together no problems at all!) all just depends on the dogs! they're all different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

2 big dogs 2 kennels 1 large run but also a means to divide it into 2 runs with a kennel in each. Both dogs get on OK but definitely keep to one kennel each, younger dog picks the kennel he wants and the other dog then uses the other one so they swap around, one kennel would not work out with ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Cool, thanks for your help.
    I'll go with the 2 singles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement