Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC external bell problem

Options
  • 24-07-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi All

I recently installed a HKC SW1070 alarm with room PIR sensors. When I enable the alarm and try set it off the external bell does not sound and the control panel just beebs until I enter the disable code.
    When I open up the external bell it goes off because of the tamper so the bell is working. I have it wired correctly as per the instructions and wiring diagram, someone told me recently to take out the resistors in both the external bell box and the main panel and it should work then, I have not done this yet as I wanted to get peoples advice on here first.

Has anyone any expierence of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

You should only have 1 resistor in the bell and not the panel :-)
    Also are you coming in through the front door to set it off ?? What is the soak time set to? Set it to 00 and the alarm will activate at the end of the entry timer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Post up what way you have it wired. More than likely something simple. Also, how are you setting it off?

Advertisement