Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting Time...

Options
  • 24-07-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hey everyone...

I am a smoker and I want to give up for good.

I have been smoking between 10 - 12 a day for the past 2 years. I suppose it is a funny one with me. I am currently 27 years old and really only started full time smoking when I was 25... Before that it was a few years of having a cigarette or 4 on a night out... Somewhere during that time my cigarette addiction ramped up and I went at it full time.

I was naive enough to think before 'ah yeah sure I can smoke a few on a night out and I'll never be a full time smoker!'... Ahem, yeah right.

Why do I want to give up?

-Because I do not want my health to suffer from cigarettes in any way. '1 in 2' and all that... :eek:
    -I want to save money by not spending over €9 on a box of cigarettes!
    -I don't want my hands yellow and my teeth getting stained and all my clothes stinking of smoke every day!
    -I know I feel like crap every time I have smoked a cigarette... I will feel better about myself if I can give them up.
    -I am quite an anxious person... Smoking is not helping that at all... I will feel much more calmer and relaxed when I give them up
    -If I can do this, my hangovers will be slightly easier to deal with if I do not smoke on nights out :D

Anyway, there are other reasons I could write down, but for now I just want to post in this board to share how I feel and join the battle in...

Giving them up!!!! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

I was smoking for around 5 years and I'm now off them since December 2010.

I love the fact you've listed out your reasons you've chosen to stop :). When I stopped smoking and took up healthiness I wrote down a list similar to what you've there, just a few short bullet points. I carried it with me everywhere I went and whenever a craving hit I'd read it over and over until the craving went away. They only last a minute or two anyway but it really helped to keep me strong during tough cravings.

Anyway, I wish you well improving your standard of life. Stay focused playa :cool:

Advertisement