Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS250

Options
  • 24-07-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi please bear with me a total newbie :( I have a cs 250 and some time ago I had the battery replaced due to a fault since then I cannot find a way of programming the system to include .i.e. my neighbours family etc into the dialling sequence in the event of an alarm activation, I used to have 5 contacts in there but now the system only dials my mobile phone It didnt bother me before but now I need it....Please help any further information required I will supply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

In the engineers menu go to communications and then go into central station 1 and see what number is programmed into it. Do the same for each central station ie. central station 2 is the second number it will ring. Also, make sure the protocol for each central station is set to voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 xxdiceyxx

In the engineers menu go to communications and then go into central station 1 and see what number is programmed into it. Do the same for each central station ie. central station 2 is the second number it will ring. Also, make sure the protocol for each central station is set to voice.
    Hii Fred thanks for your responce just checked that in Central 1 is my mobile set to voice in Central 2 is my wifes on checking the protocol it was set to fast format I changed this back to voice just need to test it now when shes home from work I will keep you updated then..thanks again Fred fingers crossed lol :)

Hi again Fred...activated alarm ignored the call to me (central station 1) but it still didnt ring wife (central station 2) the call came back to me for kiss off..there are 2 numbers as mentioned in use central station 1 and central station 2 both set to voice yet the problem is still the same :(...I also noticed when in engineer mode Man/Test/Central Station 1 handshake is recieved no problem, yet when I Man/Test Central Station 2 it says not allowed...

Just to be clear. You have a voice module plug-on on the panel?

Just to be clear. You have a voice module plug-on on the panel?
    Yes voice module installed

• Advertisement

Make sure you can ring the numbers from your house phone first. If you can then go back into the dialer and go into the voice settings. Make sure it's not set to 'wait for DTMF'.

Make sure you can ring the numbers from your house phone first. If you can then go back into the dialer and go into the voice settings. Make sure it's not set to 'wait for DTMF'.
    Hi Fred yes both mobile numbers can be contacted from the house phone and handshake and kiss off are both set to wait for voice.

Change them to not wait for voice and see what happens.

Change them to not wait for voice and see what happens.
    Hi Fred just looking at installation manual to carry out this procedure and there's a note : you cannot set both handshake and kiss off to DON'T WAIT FOR. You must either handshake or kiss off to WAIT for VOICE or WAIT for DTMF. Confused lol

Sorry, should added, I normally programme the kiss off as a dtmf. Then programme it as a number so when that number is pressed it won't ring the next number.

• Advertisement

Sorry, should added, I normally programme the kiss off as a dtmf. Then programme it as a number so when that number is pressed it won't ring the next number.
    Hi Fred just to clarify even though I get calls through the system no problem using voice, you think by changing the settings to dtmf and allocating it a number to stop the dialler proceeding to Central Station 2 3 etc.... this in turn could possibly rectify the problem of it not continuing from Central Station 1 2 3 etc......hope I havent confused matters with that question :)

xxdiceyxx wrote: »
    Hi Fred just to clarify even though I get calls through the system no problem using voice, you think by changing the settings to dtmf and allocating it a number to stop the dialler proceeding to Central Station 2 3 etc.... this in turn could possibly rectify the problem of it not continuing from Central Station 1 2 3 etc......hope I havent confused matters with that question :)

That's exactly it. The voice dialer on the 250 is tricky to setup and wouldn't be the best out there.

Ok just did as instructed there Fred set dtmf kiss off as a digit and activated alarm ignored incomming call to my mobile (CS1) but it still didnt contact (CS2) problem remains :(

Strange. If you do a test call in the diagnostics menu to CS1 do you get call succeeded when you press the DTMF kiss off key? If so, test it again and dont press any key and see if you get the call succeeded signal. It's like it's getting the kiss off from the first call and not ringing the next.

Strange. If you do a test call in the diagnostics menu to CS1 do you get call succeeded when you press the DTMF kiss off key? If so, test it again and dont press any key and see if you get the call succeeded signal. It's like it's getting the kiss off from the first call and not ringing the next.
    Doing Man Test for CS1 = Answer call say nothing just press allocated digit got CALL SUCCESSFUL.......... same test did not say or press anything on phone got NO HANDSHAKE

Yes did that and got NO HANDSHAKE

Doing Man Test for CS1 = Answer call say nothing just press allocated digit got CALL SUCCESSFUL.......... same test did not say or press anything on phone got NO HANDSHAKE

Thats how it should work. Have you done a test call to CS2? If it calls it correctly then I'd power the system down completely and retry it after you power it back up again. After that it sounds like the unit could be faulty.

When I try it with CS 2 The panel says NOT ALLOWED.....Yes im wondering did something more happen what it was we had an electrical storm and i lost power to the keypad totally which when the main panel was removed there was a flashing led which i think is jus a fault indicator when i called the engineer he powered down told me there was no damage as there is an internal protecor inside them preventing this of sorts to deep for me i know there are fuses in there lol anyway since then i cannot program the unit ..

When I try it with CS 2 The panel says NOT ALLOWED.

Make sure you programme the same account number into each CS. Doesn't matter what the number is once its the same.

Make sure you programme the same account number into each CS. Doesn't matter what the number is once its the same.
    Sorry Fred I updated my last response.....yes the ARC A/C numbers are both set to Area 1

• Advertisement

Yes but the account number must be the same.

It's very common during storms that dialers get damaged especially out of urban areas where line are ran along telegraph poles.

Where would I find the account numbers Fred

Its after where you enter the phone numbers.

Its after where you enter the phone numbers.
    Yes I got
    1. comms cs1 ok
    2.select arc phone ok
    3. enter relevant phone number ok
    4. navigate to arc a/c number.
    5. enter relevant account number ok = in both cs1 and cs2 it says Area1
    6. navigate to arc protocol.
    7. select the protocol to be used when reporting to cs1 ok

That all looks good to me. They should be factory set to area 1, leave them at that.

That all looks good to me. They should be factory set to area 1, leave them at that.
    I think I will power the system down as a last resort and hope it will just dissapear as suddenly as it appeared otherwise I will just have to live with it lol.. Thanks ever so much for your time anyway Fred we didnt cure it but you did a great job on the diagnostics if your ever in the wexford area give me a call il put a cuppa on for you if you get nagged some more Im afraid thats a chance you will have to take have a gr8 day mate :)

You're welcome. You might find it difficult to get a replacement as that range is on the way out. My advice would be to get a stand alone dialer that will work on any panel.

Advertisement