Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

64gb "1" vs 32gb "2" vs 16gb "3"

• 24-07-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭

Sorry for another versus thread, but I'm interested in what people have to say on this.

All the above can be had for in and around the same money, and I'm wondering what would people normally go for?

The 64gb iPad for massive storage but lowest "spec".
    The 32gb iPad 2 for a happy medium.
    The 16gb iPad 3 for top spec.

In my case, I don't know what to go for. My iPhone is 32gb, and it's just about at capacity...but that's because I've my full music collection as well as countless podcasts stored on it. Also have loads of movies, but they're rarely watched. I'd imagine I'd not be putting all my music onto the iPad, maybe some podcasts, and the movies.
    I've never had an iPad, so I haven't seen the difference in screen quality firsthand. But if it's anything like the difference between my iPhone 4 and the wife's 3GS, the difference must be massive on a screen the size of the iPad.

All opinions appreciated.

Space vs spec. 6 votes

64gb iPad 1
    0% 0 votes
    32gb iPad 2
    0% 0 votes
    16gb iPad 3
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I bought the 64bg 2, wi-fi + 3G.

Handy for storing movies, music and pics with plenty of room for apps and great to be able to connect on the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It really depends what you'll be using it for.

If it's to browse the web and view content at home (where a home network is available), then get the ipad 3 without any doubt.

If it's on short term travel (commuting) where you'll regularly be able to connect to the content hub (your main computer) and change content, then the ipad 2 is good.

I really wouldn't go near an ipad 1 at this point, even with the higher capacity option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭Soarer

quad_red wrote: »
    It really depends what you'll be using it for.

If it's to browse the web and view content at home (where a home network is available), then get the ipad 3 without any doubt.

If it's on short term travel (commuting) where you'll regularly be able to connect to the content hub (your main computer) and change content, then the ipad 2 is good.

I really wouldn't go near an ipad 1 at this point, even with the higher capacity option.

Pretty much that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

iPad 1 isn't receiving iOS6 so I wouldn't touch it, its pretty much on its last legs support wise.

iPad 2 is the budget tablet, and while having a great processor, and its very capable (I have one myself) I'd go for the iPad3. The screen truly is amazing and totally worth it if you're going to use it for more than 10 minutes a day.

In the age of Google Drive, Dropbox, Spotify, Netflix I don't actually store content on my device, the only thing that takes up space is apps! 16GB is plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

dmcg90 wrote: »

the only thing that takes up space is apps! 16GB is plenty.

just on that point, ipad 3 apps can be quite large - some games come in around the 1gb. I went for the 32gb because of this. While i could do with cleaning up my apps, i currently have about 13gb of apps.

Also, you're not going to get full use of the 16gigs - not sure what proportion is reserved for system use, there's 28gb "available" on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

i bought a 16GB ipad 3 , but i also have a 2TB network hard drive, so that basically means i can view anything on the hard drive over wifi.

That includes Movies , pics, music, books etc

Advertisement