Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaflet distribution.

Options
  • 24-07-2012 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I'm looking for any info on leaflet distribution,basically I'm living in Cork city and looking for work but don't know were to go to find these types of jobs.
    If anyone has some info they can pass on to me it would be great.

Thank you.

Mark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ICCM

why dont you start up your own leaflet distribution business, at a basic level all you need to do is get some quotes from printers, factor in your fee for delivering the leaflets and then approach some businesses to see if they are interested in your service

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

I agree with last poster- I used to work for a leaflet company (up in office) and it was so draining listening to the guys constantly ringing the distribution managers to get paid. Basically every leaflet distributor was held off on payment and then they'd take on more work and eventually they'd be owed for a few jobs before they get paid. At that stage, they are owed so much they have to hang on for their payment and they can't refuse any more work just to keep they D.managers sweet.

I remember guys ringing up Christmas week begging to be paid. It was so upsetting working alongside it (I worked in a different department). Needless to say I didn't stay with the company for long- it was such a horrible environment listening to men with kids desperately trying to get paid for their work.

My bro-in-law started work as a leaflet distributor with a different company a while ago and I warned him about it- knowing that I only spoke for one company he took the chance hoping that it was a once off occurance. Same thing happened to him. Luckily enough, he was wise to just leave the first time the manager tried to withhold payment. He turned up at his house and took the money and handed over the van keys.

You would probably have to work alot harder doing it DIY-style but you at the very least will be able to ensure how much you get paid and that you actually do get paid. Google and then call a few different distribution companies and get quotes off them so you have an idea of the going rate. Pretend you are looking to get 1000/5000/10000 leaflets dropped in a specific area and get your prices. Tell them you are a start up and just getting a quote.

You might have a target market- for example alot of the big distribution companies are out of the price range of small or start up businesses. Like the last poster said you can go around local businesses and with the knowledge of what the larger companies' prices are you can offer a competitive package.

Advertisement