Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penrose Lane

Options
  • 24-07-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi i live in wexford but am looking to buy an apartment in waterford. there seens to be alot of aprtments for sale in penrose lane that i would be interested in. could anyone tell me what the area is like, is it in any way a rough spot that i should steer well clear of? also what is the rental market like in waterford at the minute, is there much demand? there seems to be alot of vacant apartments to let in the city??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

mostly polish,russian ,latvian etc people etc living around that area. etc.its just off the quay.id say theyre empty because maybe some of them went home.dont know about rent ,id estimate anything from 450 to a one bed to 550 for 2 bed apartment in that area,maybe less.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

it's an ok enough part of town, it's part of a block that are mostly rented or for sale. I am not too sure of the developer is gone bust or if their is any come back

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Wouldn't be the first place I'd recommend to be honest, wouldn't walk there after dark, and as a rule that's the first thing I consider when moving...

It's not terrible or anything, but it's not amazing, if you take a walk down there (even in daylight) you'll feel pretty alone, and it isn't in the best condition.

Apartments themselves are lovely....Most have about 1000e upfront altogether though.

I'd say take a look for yourself, go to a viewing and see how you feel about the place.

It is mostly the Eastern community there, as are the surrounding streets, but you can make your mind up on that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

You can buy a two bed for 27k there now..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I was down that way one night a few years ago with some mates and was approached by a pimp offering us a group rate.

And the answer to the obvious question is no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

old gregg wrote: »
    I was down that way one night a few years ago with some mates and was approached by a pimp offering us a group rate.

And the answer to the obvious question is no.
    Was it group rate where ye all had to 'share' the same girl, or was it a girl each kinda deal?

....just out of curiosity.

Was it group rate where ye all had to 'share' the same girl, or was it a girl each kinda deal?

....just out of curiosity.
    :p Logical question. Same girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

old gregg wrote: »
    :p Logical question. Same girl.
    You'd want a nice auld discount for the pleasure of stirring your friends porridge so!! :eek:

You'd want a nice auld discount for the pleasure of stirring your friends porridge so!! :eek:

:eek: exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

im renting here the last year and a half if i was you i would never consider buying an apartment here, its very loud the street is very narrow we can here the people across the street talking in there apartment. had to call the gaurds a few times because of VERY loud house parties. apartments themselves are very hard to heat only have them stupid storage heaters esb bill at winter are around 300 to 400 euro with the heaters on. they also have bad damp an mold problems. i wouldnt walk around here at night on my own either. dont mean to cause any offence to anyone else that lives here but thats my opinion of the place. as soon as my lease is up im outa here

• Registered Users Posts: 17 GameOfGnomes

I was living in Penrose Court, a substantial apartment block on Penrose Lane.
    I really wouldn't recommend the place. I lived there for 6 months, couldn't hack it anymore. My lease was 12 months but I forfeited the 400 odd euro deposit to get out. Found a lovely house for not much more and no regrets, to say the least.

The parties in Penrose Court for example can get out of hand. Noise travels in there like a mofo. Whatever way they planned the area in general is a disaster. No light entered the apartment even on the brightest of days. The streets are constantly shadowed and tbh they often STINK of the foulest odors. Our apartment was riddled with mould, it was damp and ... depressing in general. I found the area intimidating and wouldn't think of walking by myself at night. Ok not true, I speed walked/ jogged a couple of times :p

No harm in taking a look though, even out of curiosity or what not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nicolaed

anplaya wrote: »
    mostly polish,russian ,latvian etc people etc living around that area. etc.its just off the quay.id say theyre empty because maybe some of them went home.dont know about rent ,id estimate anything from 450 to a one bed to 550 for 2 bed apartment in that area,maybe less.
    as well as a lot of Irish travelers, gypsy around

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

nicolaed wrote: »
    as well as a lot of Irish travelers, gypsy around

000xwyzd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nicolaed

thomasm wrote: »
    You can buy a two bed for 27k there now..
    now 15k 2 bedroom apt, 3 apt for sale
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=662279
    next year 10k?
    realy,looks like marginals' nest:mad:

Advertisement