Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SUMMONS FOR DRUG DRIVING OFFENCE

• 24-07-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I wanted to find out instead of having to ask my solicotor as i owe him money already but is there a time limit for the summons to be issued i was caught in november last year and i seen on the citizen advice web site that they have 6 months to issue the summons.. is that still the law or is it different now any help appreciated just would love to no am i grand or not

P.S Didnt no what thread to put this in the any admins feel free to move it :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

That's still the law as far as I know. Looks like you're in luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PioneerCdj

yeah hopefully i seen some ppl saying it could take up to a year but on the citizen advice online site said that it takes 6 months.. jes if it still is the law im lucky, this has been on my mind for ages now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭elPadrino

As far as I recall, they only have to have the summons signed by the local District Court Clerk within that six month time-frame. i.e. once its signed by then, they could send it out to you at a later date. I'm not sure if this has changed recently though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the 6 month thing changed about 5 years ago

you can still be summonsed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Helix wrote: »
    the 6 month thing changed about 5 years ago

you can still be summonsed

Ha-Ha! :pac:

Sorry! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

From what I know there is 6 months but the garda can always apply and get it extended for another 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Stop shouting

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PioneerCdj

its a hard one to call these days with all the laws changing.. hopefully the law is still the same, i do no a lad that was caught drink driving and recieved the summons within 2 months of it happening, i recieved the lab documents about having no drink in my system and the one for the drugs but never got a summons its 8 months now since it happend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Thanks for reminding us ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

PioneerCdj wrote: »
    yeah hopefully i seen some ppl saying it could take up to a year but on the citizen advice online site said that it takes 6 months.. jes if it still is the law im lucky, this has been on my mind for ages now

Yes hopefully, I saw some people saying it could take up to a year, but on
    the citizen advice site it says that it takes 6 months.
    ?? If it still is the law I'm lucky, this has been on my mind for ages now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

PioneerCdj wrote: »
    its a hard one to call these days with all the laws changing.. hopefully the law is still the same, i do no a lad that was caught drink driving and recieved the summons within 2 months of it happening, i recieved the lab documents about having no drink in my system and the one for the drugs but never got a summons its 8 months now since it happend

It's a hard one to call these days with all the laws changing. Hopefully the law is still the same, I do know a lad that was caught drink-driving and received the summons within 2 months of it happening, I received the lab documents about having no drink in my system and the one for the drugs but never got a summons , it's 8 months now since it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please use Motors or Legal forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement