Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provari-itis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Newmark,

Did you get you ProVari yet?
    If so, what's your opinion on it?

Provape are still selling blemish versions, apparently you can't find the blemishes on them plus they're discontinuing the chromes because they're such a bastard to laser engrave.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

mrplop wrote: »
    Newmark,

Did you get you ProVari yet?
    If so, what's your opinion on it?

Provape are still selling blemish versions, apparently you can't find the blemishes on them plus they're discontinuing the chromes because they're such a bastard to laser engrave.

I got it and I think its great, even better than my expectations. It gives a proper consistent vape every draw throughout the whole of the draw right down to the end of battery. I couldn't say enough positives about it to be honest.

Should have mine next week because the vendor was on his hols (always the bloody way)it's silver satin with a blue display.

I'm happy with the fact I'm getting a Pila charger with it - haven't heard a bad thing about them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm gonna hold out till either an Irish vendor has them in stock, or maybe vapefest....i'm 99%sure a vendor will have em there :)

Got the ProVari today.

I was using a V3 Vmax up until today, it's a good device (lacking in finesse) a couple of the folks at the ECF are convinced that the Vmax is actually a better device. After the first few pulls on the ProVari I can honestly say that they are completely talking out of their asses.

This thing is amazing, build quality, weight, threads, everything is spot on.

• Advertisement

Got the ProVari today.

I was using a V3 Vmax up until today, it's a good device (lacking in finesse) a couple of the folks at the ECF are convinced that the Vmax is actually a better device. After the first few pulls on the ProVari I can honestly say that they are completely talking out of their asses.

This thing is amazing, build quality, weight, threads, everything is spot on.

+1. I've been using it over a week now and I haven't hardly left it down since I got it. I prefer it to the Throathit mod overall but the Throathit mod still has its place with the battery life and packs almost as good a punch as the Provari.

Its also very handy to be able to check exactly what voltage the battery is running at and being able to check ohms resistance so easily with the Provari as well.

I'm very impressed with the consistency of the vape with the provari. Even when the batteries drop down to about 3.5 or 3.4 volts it still does exactly what it should do.

The paint finish, build quality, threading, etc are excellent as well, just oozes quality, the best I've seen in any device. I've knocked it over a few times and dropped it and there isn't even a tiny scratch on the paintwork so I'm guessing it will look fairly new for a long time to come.

I like it so much I got another 2 x AW IMR 18650's so now I have 4 x batteries for it and am only going to use the throathit when I really need to for extended breaks or something. I might even get another Provari in black as a backup and sell the throathit :eek:

Got two 18490's and an 18650 with mine but I'm going to get another couple of 18650's from Bargain Vapour.
    Did you you see the Prive tanks that Kir Fanis is making for the ProVari?

Got two 18490's and an 18650 with mine but I'm going to get another couple of 18650's from Bargain Vapour.
    Did you you see the Prive tanks that Kir Fanis is making for the ProVari?

I did yes and I seen you beat me to the last one out of the first 20 as well lol

Edit Just managed to get my name down he put out another 10

newmark wrote: »
    I did yes and I seen you beat me to the last one out of the first 20 as well lol

Edit Just managed to get my name down he put out another 10

Just seen that you managed to snag one!

I don't even have a provari yet, but i've just put my name down for one of those fine tanks! :)

• Advertisement

eeloe wrote: »
    I don't even have a provari yet, but i've just put my name down for one of those fine tanks! :)

They sure are nice, I totally gave in the minute I seen the first pic of it a couple of weeks ago I knew I wanted one.

Just seen that you managed to snag one!

I knew he was going putting up another 5 today so after typing last post I popped over and couldn't believe they were up, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest trying to get my name up there in case I missed out again...madness I know but tis great fun...

Looks good with the Silver Provari as well :)

GyaxGl.jpg

What colour is your ProVari?
    That's a pretty satanic post count you have there by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

lol his post 666 shows his provari, i bet it blows up soon =)

What colour is your ProVari?
    That's a pretty satanic post count you have there by the way.

Mines Silver Satin with 666 engraved on it lol

VapistVaporizers only has a couple of Green LED mini's in stock, works out @ €244 including the extension cap for the 18490 battery....god damn it...i want it, and i want it now, but i'm trying to show some self control....

The green led is getting really hard to get.

The place where my ProVari came from (Hisvape) has the best deal if you're into chargers - the Pila on it's own is €50 in most stores.
    Got the ProVari, 2x AW 18490's, 1x AW 18650(2000MAH) extension cap, Provape 510 to ego adapter, Smok DCT with 2.5ohm carto/drip tip and a Pila IBC charger. Free courier post (3 days from Germany) for €264.

Worked out €11 cheaper than it would have cost to buy all the parts seperately from Provape in the US.

I know it's a sh!tload of money for what amounts to a battery holder but I swear it's absolutely worth it, wish I done it sooner in fact.
    I would have saved a fortune instead of buying a load of half assed,unreliable PV's and mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

€264
    I know it's a sh!tload of money for what amounts to a battery holder but I swear it's absolutely worth it, wish I done it sooner in fact.
    I would have saved a fortune instead of buying a load of half assed,unreliable PV's and mods.

I'm either really jealous, or I think ye're all the Apple-fanboys of the vaping world.

How can I tell?

I'm an Apple fan boy anyway, so in a couple of weeks I'll be Vaping my provari, with a tank full of Bobas bounty, sitting infront of my iMac! :-)

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    I'm either really jealous, or I think ye're all the Apple-fanboys of the vaping world.

How can I tell?

Android man myself!

The ProVari does exactly what it's supposed to do, set it to 5.2volts and it'll be outputting at that level until the last puff, it's super reliable and made like a tank. Recently, I was in the situation where the device I was using stopped working, actually happened to me a couple of times - almost went out and bought fags on both occasions. I realised that in the old days I spent more on fags in two weeks than I would on the ProVari, it didn't take much justification in the end.

I would have asked the same question as you six months ago (I did in fact) so I know where you're coming from.
    I really don't have any regrets.

I paid €25 for my ancient windows xp PC on adverts.ie and it works great.
    I would have gotten a better one but needed my cash for vaping supplies :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Unfortunately I've got the bug now, I'm going to have to get rid of some of my kit first though.

Unfortunately I've got the bug now, I'm going to have to get rid of some of my kit first though.

Jaysus its spreading fast, you wont regret it though. :)

Yeah it's going to be tough, but I will probably have to let my Galileo go, I've grown to love it, but I just think a Pro Vari may be the next step for me.

Mine hasn't been out of my hand for over a week - neither has my ProVari (boom, boom!)it's my best vaping purchase ever.
    I got rid of a few bits and pieces (RTA went) and I put by a couple of quid.

Battery time is surprisingly good too.

I went for the mini, in hindsight I probably should have went for the full size to allow for more battery life, but I've a 4 bay charger, and carrying a couple of batteries with my juice bottle ain't the end of the world!

The mini is supposed to have great battery life with the 18490's - where are you going to get it?

The extension cap on a mini brings it from and 18350 to 18490 battery, is this correct?

• Advertisement

Yep, that's what i have ordered...

1100mAh 18490 should be plenty for out and about, don't mind the 18350's for at home and stuff when i won't be too far away from a charger :)

Advertisement