Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Time and Holiday Pay

Options
  • 24-07-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm now sure if this is the appropiate forum, so if not perhaps someone could re-direct me.

I am trying to assess whether employees who have been moved to work a 3-day week are entitled to holiday pay for 3-day week or a 5-day week which they were originally contracted under. I have read through the Organisation of Working Time Act, 1967 and it states holiday pay shall "be at the normal weekly rate or, as the case may be, at a rate which is proportionate to the normal weekly rate" - Section 20 (2) (b).

Is the normal weekly rate based on the original 5-day contract or the amended short time arrangement of 3-day week.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

Hi,

I'm now sure if this is the appropiate forum, so if not perhaps someone could re-direct me.

I am trying to assess whether employees who have been moved to work a 3-day week are entitled to holiday pay for 3-day week or a 5-day week which they were originally contracted under. I have read through the Organisation of Working Time Act, 1967 and it states holiday pay shall "be at the normal weekly rate or, as the case may be, at a rate which is proportionate to the normal weekly rate" - Section 20 (2) (b).

Is the normal weekly rate based on the original 5-day contract or the amended short time arrangement of 3-day week.

Thanks!
    It would be based on reduced working week. You accrue hols for hours worked is a simple memo. Beware though that its the 8% rule or if their hours happen to go over 1064 if memory serves me right then tgey get full hols. E,g. If you have anyone working 3 long days they might reach this.
    Also rem that they are entitled to bank holiday pay if bank holiday falls on a day they dont normally work. So if they work tue wed thurs & a bh falls on a monday then they are entitled to one fifth of their previos weeks pay. .. My advice would be to work mondays as most bh's fall on mondays
    Im sure you know all of this already

Hth

Advertisement