Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footbalance insoles

Options
  • 24-07-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Anyone any experience of these?
    Hurt left arch running awhile back and sales assistant in sports shop recommended them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Footbalance

Hi Nightowl,

Hope you do not mind if we answer your question.

We have a lot of satisfied customers across and Ireland and internationally. Our Facebook page has a lot of customer testimonials www.facebook.com/footbalance or you can check out testimonials on our website www.footbalance.com

You can check out an article by RóisÍn Ingle of the Irish Time telling her experience of Footbalance insoles. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2012/0417/1224314808840.html

Elverys Sports is organising a free Footbalance foot analysis in Arnotts Dublin (Liffey Street entrance) on Saturday 28.07 at 2pm . If you go along you can meet our Irish representative who can give you a fee foot analysis and discuss the benefits of Footbalance with you. We have a competition in Facebook for those who share the Elverys event in Arnotts to enter into a draw to win free Footbalance insoles and a €25 Elverys Sports voucher.

Feel free to pop onto Facebook to discuss further. :)

Hope it helps.

Footbalance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Niteowl, you're generally better off finding out what caused the problem and fixing that. Insoles may help initially but where they provide support you'll find that the muscles that used to provide that support won't be used any more and there's a decent chance in the long term that you'll get injuries elsewhere.

If there's a signficant congenital biomechanical defect then you're probably better off going to a podiatrist/orthotist.

On this product itself I have no direct experience. I did go through the website though and look at their video. It's clear that they have no heel post which as I understand it means that they're not going to make much difference to your gait one way or the other. I personally would steer clear of them but I don't think that they're as bad as some of the ones you can buy off the shelf which can promote injury.

A small note on fitting if you do decide to give these a try. I'd much sooner go along to one of their events where hopefully the people doing the fitting will have lots of experience of doing it and know how to do it correctly as opposed to a shop assistant who may have very little experience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Go to a decent running store to get a gait analysis. I assume you went to elverys? Footbalances post would back that up? Have seen the output that the footbalance system gave someone for a 'gait analysis' in elverys - how do you analyse gait without getting someone to walk/run? :confused: and it is nowhere near the sort of thing you'd get with a decent running store. Don't know where you're based but amphibian king and runways in Dublin and Galway provide a great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I have lots of experience of seeing them sold with a pair of Kayano's :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

I have heard people recommend Footbalance for minimalist shoes. Don't understand the logic behind that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

It's an interesting one guys is in it really. Got had no idea my feet where in the shape they where until I seen the podromist

Advertisement