Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The How to Get Home for 11 Cent Conundrum

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Why don't you tell us where you are and where you need to go and maybe some kind soul will offer a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 The Very Hungry Catterpillar

As you've done sweet f*** all work this afternoon why don't you just stay the night, do a bit of catching up, save your 11 c and whatever it would cost you to get back in the morning, then you can come back on here tomorrow with the same conundrum but at least your work will be up-to-date :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Why don't you tell us where you are and where you need to go and maybe some kind soul will drive to you and laugh.

I fixed your post. At least what I'd do if I could drive to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

Have you any sort of id? If so, go to your bank and get a tenner out.
    Do you use the same cafe everyday? If so you might know an employee who'd sort you.

Or you could just walk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Go into a shop, ask for something obscure. Cashier goes to look, you knock over the charity box. Start picking up all the coins and just pocket a few coins. Go back in tomorrow when you've got your wallet and throw in whatever you borrowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Anno.....just remember the bumper sticker that I once saw as a kid.

Ass, gas or grass ....no one rides for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

No need to fret folks, I found a local wino who gave me a piggy-back home in exchange for half a bottle of blue nun I had lying about out back of the house.

Thanks for the concern chaps.

Toodlie pip for now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    No need to fret folks, I found a local wino who gave me a piggy-back home in exchange for half a bottle of blue nun I had lying about out back of the house.

Toodlie pip for now!

Lads I think we've been had ! There never was any 11 cents was there ? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

High interest deposit account (4.55%) compounded for 74 years equals €1.40

That's enough for the bus right?

Disclaimer: This is not accounting for inflation

• Advertisement

mconigol wrote: »
    High interest deposit account (4.55%) compounded for 74 years equals €1.40

That's enough for the bus right?

Disclaimer: This is not accounting for inflation

Lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

So did he walk home in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Go to the nearest pizza delivery place and ring on an order for delivery to your address then wait outside and when the delivery guy leaves the shop ask him if he happens to be going by your area and when he says he is, blag a lift of him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

As you've done sweet f*** all work this afternoon why don't you just stay the night

I'm my own boss so I can do what I likes.

Have you any sort of id? If so, go to your bank and get a tenner out.

Who carries ID outside of their wallet?
    LordSmeg wrote: »

There really was. This is all true (possibly with the exception of the wino piggy-back home)

In reality I met a friend of mine and borrowed bus fare off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Toodlie pip for now!

Your right, the fecker just wanted a ride of a wino!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

TimmyTank wrote: »
    How about you find a local junkie who's stuck for 11 cent and get a jockey back home.

I know this will probably take longer than walking yourself but with umbrella in hand you can keep yourself and your steed dry and save you with all that exercise malarkey....

Like a prize oaf, I've been saying "jiggy back" for as long as I remember. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TimmyTank wrote: »
    How about you find a local junkie who's stuck for 11 cent and get a jockey back home.

I know this will probably take longer than walking yourself but with umbrella in hand you can keep yourself and your steed dry and save you with all that exercise malarkey....

You called? :p

Or another scam solution would be to flag a taxi, get in tell him somewhere a good bit past your place and then few streets later you say "crap I've no money, dont suppose you can drop me off as a favour?" ":mad: get the fcuk out :mad:"

Out ya get and flag another one, depending on how far it is you might take ya 2-3 attempts.

or get a taxi home, explain your wallet is in your house, go in and get it, then pay the taxi man

too honest? :confused:

glad to hear you made it home OP :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    or get a taxi home, explain your wallet is in your house, go in and get it, then pay the taxi man

too honest? :confused:

glad to hear you made it home OP :pac:

OP had already expressed his disinterest in that plan.

OP had already expressed his disinterest in that plan.

I express disapproval

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

The same thing happened to me a few months ago. I forgot my wallet. I had my weekly bus ticket in it. Got on the bus fine in the morning as it was the same driver as the morning before. I had two euro in my pocket for lunch. The bus home was €3.50 and probably a different driver. A friend felt sorry for me and gave me the money. But it meant i owed her and as i student, i didn't like that option. So i chanced it anyway and told the driver i lost my wallet and gave the friend the same €3.50 the day after.

Happened a few other times too. I normally stand outside the bus rooting through my bag and then start cursing, ah crap i lost my ticket. It never fails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

The same thing happened to me a few months ago. I forgot my wallet. I had my weekly bus ticket in it. Got on the bus fine in the morning as it was the same driver as the morning before. I had two euro in my pocket for lunch. The bus home was €3.50 and probably a different driver. A friend felt sorry for me and gave me the money. But it meant i owed her and as i student, i didn't like that option. So i chanced it anyway and told the driver i lost my wallet and gave the friend the same €3.50 the day after.

Happened a few other times too. I normally stand outside the bus rooting through my bag and then start cursing, ah crap i lost my ticket. It never fails.

At first this didn't make any sense at all, surely the bus driver would just tell you to f**k off. But then I saw your username and I understood.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

:pac:

I was a broke student once too but I didn't try to be so tight as to avoid spending bus fare that I'd pull a stunt like that.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you managed to get home OP. In future lodge some money in a body cavity to avoid a repeat of your dilemma.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Wait until there is a stampede of elephants heading towards you.

Then pop into a telephone box, make a trunk call home, and reverse the charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Wait until there is a stampede of elephants heading towards you.

Then pop into a telephone box, make a trunk call home, and reverse the charge.

I see we're growing our own mushrooms again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Like a prize oaf, I've been saying "jiggy back" for as long as I remember. :(
    Is that like a mutant Piggy back ?

Advertisement