Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange sounds in the sky?

Comments

chinese lanterns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Weather balloons.

Or else monsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Wrath of the Titans!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

if it was last night i heard it but it sounded more like a ships horn in dock
    (i'm in dublin and would be fairly interested if anyone else heard it too.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Mistpouffer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

thats the rainmaker :D

They all sound like stock 'scary noises' from the B-movie sound effects library. Probably viral marketing for some new movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Inb4 Run_To_Da_Hills

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Jade182 wrote: »
    So my little brother heard some really weird sounds in the sky last night, he said they sounded like trumpets or something. He looked it up and found that it's been happening all over the world since early 2011.

Worldwide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQwyV7wHzM
    Ireland only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-17B7tS5bVs

They are really eerie sounding, whatever they are. Anyone else on OH hear them in your late night meanderings?
    Any thoughts on what they could be?

The heralds of the apocalypse, obviously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

So my little brother heard some really weird sounds in the sky last night, he said they sounded like trumpets or something. He looked it up and found that it's been happening all over the world since early 2011.

Worldwide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQwyV7wHzM
    Ireland only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-17B7tS5bVs

They are really eerie sounding, whatever they are. Anyone else on OH hear them in your late night meanderings?

Wind:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

It could be some form of unmanned flying vehicle for surveillance, especially if it was up North. Something smaller and less visually conspicuous than a helicopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Intergalactic alien steam engines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It was probably the BBC Sound Effects Volume 1.

Fargo Boyle trying to terrify more sheep again

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I heard a theory that it's the sound of magnetic waves from the northern lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'd put in a movie reference but seeing as it happens at the end of the movie its a MASSIVE spoiler so i'll be quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Norn Iron video; not sure. Probably the PSNI spying on you.
    Worldwide video; sounds like cars going by at high speed, and/or echos from cars in a tunnel environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

It's the sound of the pumps from sewerage treatment plants.

Boring answer I know, but it's the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

****in' hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Does it sound liek that heavy Bass sound that is on every sci-fi and scary film thats out at the minute...

BUroooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Where To wrote: »
    It's the sound of the pumps from sewerage treatment plants.

Boring answer I know, but it's the truth.

I've been around factories and machinery that make similar constant, droning noises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Does it sound liek that heavy Bass sound that is on every sci-fi and scary film thats out at the minute...

BUroooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:eek:

I love that sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I wonder if we'd notice the beginning of the Apocalypse. Its been a while since I heard what the signs are. But floods, famine, pestilence etc are in there somewhere. Just looking at a report on landslide in UK and thinking of all the flooding around the world in the past year, it got me thinking about whether or not we'd notice if the Apocalypse had begun.

Do you think the public would notice or would we all be waiting for a televised announcement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

worldwide on sounds more like a big outdoor gig sound check

edit @ 1:36 anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Oh no, the aliens are coming. We are all doomed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

FatherLen wrote: »
    I heard it last night in Dublin and I live near the Quays in Dublin 2. It sounded like a low flying jet to me but I saw no planes in the sky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

It's only Zeus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I wonder if we'd notice the beginning of the Apocalypse. Its been a while since I heard what the signs are. But floods, famine, pestilence etc are in there somewhere. Just looking at a report on landslide in UK and thinking of all the flooding around the world in the past year, it got me thinking about whether or not we'd notice if the Apocalypse had begun.

Do you think the public would notice or would we all be waiting for a televised announcement?

If you actually believe in the Apocalypse then read The Book of Revelations (as a work of imaginative fiction, it's not bad). You don't think people would notice the following?

"Hail and fire, mingled with blood"
    "Something that resembles a great mountain, burning with fire, falls from the sky and lands in the ocean."
    A great star, named Wormwood, falls from heaven and poisons a third of the rivers and springs of water""

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

FatherLen wrote: »

Didn't hear it myself but there's a thread here asking if the fog horn in Dun Laoghaire has been reactivated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Similar sound was heard in Waterford a good few months back, there was a thread in the Waterford city forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Similar sound was heard in Waterford a good few months back, there was a thread in the Waterford city forum.

The plot thickens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Waterford thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77381484

A bit weird alright. Strange sounds seem to be heard a lot as of late in Ireland. 3 seperate threads, and then there's that hum in Kerry.

2012 lads.....2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

The Flying Spaghetti Monster moves in mysterious ways ... :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

^^^

I, for one, welcome our new Flying Spaghetti Monster overlord.

All glory to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's probably all the in-ear headphone use in recent years finally starting to cause tinnitus.
    Get your ears checked!

That or the sound of the IMF repossessing the clouds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

it got me thinking about whether or not we'd notice if the Apocalypse had begun.
    It's not really the Apocalypse, it's just information spreads faster these days.

PS: Apocalypse is a fairy tale. Made by humans to control other humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    If you actually believe in the Apocalypse then read The Book of Revelations (as a work of imaginative fiction, it's not bad). You don't think people would notice the following?

"Something that resembles a great mountain, burning with fire, falls from the sky and lands in the ocean."
    A great star, named Wormwood, falls from heaven and poisons a third of the rivers and springs of water""

Yer ma, blast with piss etc. I don't actually believe in the Apocalypse(apologies in advance to any Gods I may have piste off) and I would notice, I'm very nosey like that. However, selective blindness is very common these days, I'm always amazed at just how much people don't notice going on around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Brilliant hahaha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

HAARP Lager viral campaign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Originally Posted by --Kaiser--

Not really

It wouldn't fall gently in a nice discerning lumbering fashion. It would be travelling in excess of 10000 mph, much much faster then a bullet. So if you lived long enough to process what just happened you would have thought a big yellow or red laser as thick as a "mountain" hit the planet.

I think this whole thing is a hoax or some sort of promotion. Now that is has gone viral, people's imagination will hear more of these off around the world.

Like the dead bird thing year, it went from a bird kill to an apocalypse in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

it's the rapture people!!! We are all ****ed but at least it has wiped the smirk off the faces off all those smug atheists,not so smart anymore lads.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Waterford thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77381484

A bit weird alright. Strange sounds seem to be heard a lot as of late in Ireland. 3 seperate threads, and then there's that hum in Kerry.

2012 lads.....2012

Yeah there's a bit of a hum off Kerry all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

Someone call Buffy.

If its the end of the world, i wanna see her tits one last time.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

It's obviously just Liam Neeson passing some gas.

But in all seriousness I heard a similar sound when I was walking home early one morning, really weird

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

It was foggy last night, so it's probably a foghorn somewhere.

Advertisement