Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when does the oxegen line up usually come out?

Options
  • 24-07-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

February/March as far as i can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cathaoir99

February/March as far as i can remember
    I always thought it was before xmas because is there not usually a batch of tickets out before xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

cathaoir99 wrote: »
    I always thought it was before xmas because is there not usually a batch of tickets out before xmas?

They would probably be early bird tickets where they are a reduced price because the line up hasn't been released yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foo's , Blink 182 and Arctic Monkeys were announced before X-Mas for Oxegen 2011 .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is this utter embarrassment of a "festival" even going to be on next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

The Nal wrote: »

Yes.

The Nal wrote: »

One of the only good things to ever be consistent in Ireland & of course theres the miserable people who will resen it. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

One of the only good things to ever be consistent in Ireland & of course theres the miserable people who will resen it. Ridiculous

Consistent means staying at the same level. Not getting worse and worse over the years and getting to the stage when it wasnt even viable to put one on (and trying to use a proper festivals excuse)

Consistent means staying at the same level. Not getting worse and worse over the years and getting to the stage when it wasnt even viable to put one on (and trying to use a proper festivals excuse)

Im using it in a different context, its been there everr year since what '04? its been a brilliant festival. What did the last two years line up not cater your needs? go back to electric picnic and listen to the undertones.

They have taking a year off meaning they have better planning and perhaps a bigger crowd.

Are you taking the piss? I've been to nearly all of them since "Witnness" in Fairyhouse 2000, been to 4-5 Electric Picnics, 7 Glastonburys, Rock AM Ring in Germany and a couple more elsewhere over the years and I've never seen a bigger ****hole than Oxegen. Anywhere. Not even close. Just terrible.

And it gets worse every single year. Blander acts, ****ter people, worse knacker behaviour.

An embarrassment to the country. Talk to anyone who has been from outside of Ireland and they'll tell you the same. It should never be on again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

Get real. I've been to 4 Oxegens and they got progressively worse to the point where I stopped going and swore to never go to one again. I decided my own personal safety/life was more important.

Unfortunately it attracts some "undesirable" groups which cause untold trouble for the majority of festival goers. I pity people going the the EP this year as these folk will probably flock to it like flies to shìte.

Damokc wrote: »
    I pity people going the the EP this year as these folk will probably flock to it like flies to shìte.

Don't think so. The scum/idiot majority who go to Oxegen these days wouldn't have the intelligence, the capacity to learn or the good taste to know about the Cure, Sigur Ros, Patti Smith etc.

Unless theres some lad wearing branded clothing on stage shouting over a backing track, or unless its been presented to them on the radio, these witless cretins don't know what to do. Their brains don't function like normal folk, so they have to be directed like moths to a light as they're incapable of having a good time themselves unless its at the most basic level.

"Lighter in my hand - tent in front of me - set fire to tent!"

"Beer in my hand - person in front of me - throw beer at person!"

"Hand at the end of my arm - girls arse in front of me - grab girls arse!"

And so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

just realised I wasted my 1,000th post on giving out about a skangerfest!:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bluesteele

just spend the extra €100 and go to a german festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Ridiculous is how I would describe your post. Oxegen is a scumbags paradise where the apes run wild on their weekend away from mammy. It has been this way for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

bluesteele wrote: »
    just spend the extra €100 and go to a german festival.

Not even,

Went to Rock Werchter last month in Belgium for 320 in total with travel, 4 days flights, nice people who enjoy the music, not one bit of hassle, clean showers, sunshine, 2 euro drinks, what more could ya want?

I hope the idiots dont find out about European festivals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

The police on the continent would have no problems cracking their skulls open.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Locked. There's already an oxegen thread. Please use it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement