Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

food before play

Options
  • 24-07-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

going to the town hall later this evening(going to henry V). wanna get something to eat beforehand thats near. good food with fast service but not fast food (no supermacs or no chinese!!)

recommendations??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

mc swiggans probably nearest. average

new tapas bar just across from it - lunares. supposed to be great

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

lunares...across from mcswiggans?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

lunares it is. looks good

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 YeahiKnow

Don't know if i'm allowed say this on boards, but I have eaten out of Lunares with 2 friends a few months back, and they served my friend and me a vegetarian quiche which looked like a gone off battered scrambled egg/omlette that tasted even worse. It also was grey and didn't even have pastry. I honestly was worried about how many days it had been there before they served it to us. I honestly don't like giving places bad reviews but it was just too bad a dish to give the place the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

YeahiKnow wrote: »
    Don't know if i'm allowed say this on boards, but I have eaten out of Lunares with 2 friends a few months back, and they served my friend and me a vegetarian quiche which looked like a gone off battered scrambled egg/omlette that tasted even worse. It also was grey and didn't even have pastry. I honestly was worried about how many days it had been there before they served it to us. I honestly don't like giving places bad reviews but it was just too bad a dish to give the place the benefit of the doubt.

Did you complain/send it back? If so, any response?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Asked the exact same question a while back:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056503398

We ended up going to the Cellar which is just up the street for quick and tasty pub grub and a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Not posh grub, but...

I've found Capital Kebab brilliant for quick grub before something in THT - way more reasonable than Shmeddie Shmockets. Staff in Capital lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I would only eat in Capital a few times a month but they do have the best staff I have met for years. They even give me a wave if I am only passing with the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

YeahiKnow wrote: »

Are you sure you didn't get a Tortilla?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

YeahiKnow, please read the charter about anti-recommendations.
    The only people that can fix your problem is the people at the restaurant.
    Take it up with them, not the internet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement