Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Arts points 2012

Options
  • 24-07-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I can't see the points for arts rising. It will either say the same, or go down to 400. Thoughts ? Also HEAR, what's the average points reduction or does it vary? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

You mean up to 400?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

The HEAR points vary... Sometimes you could get 5 off, or as I know of other people who did... 70 points. Depends how many are applying for the course too?

And I doubt it'd go higher than 400... 370/80 maybe? Just a mere guess, more than likely wrong. ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭paddykell

According to the UCD prospectus the points last year were minimum 355 - I don't see how that's going to go up to above 400. Surely the maximum will be 370 - 380? Or have I misinterpreted this whole thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Canteloupey

It's minimum 355, as paddykell said. I know someone who got into Arts last year with 290. They fell from 360 the previous year.

I heard on the grapevine is that the HEAR (and also the DARE) points are decided on the highest HEAR applicants to the course. Obviously all those who get the points get in, then and the highest of the rest (so that's why some only get 5 points off, and others get 50) So it just depends on how everyone else did.

Er... so exactly like the normal points system, just only against other HEAR/DEAR people.

I can't see myself getting it in Round 1 then... It fell to 355 from 405 points in the 2nd round, right? :/
    Does the fall in points pretty much depend on how many vacant places they need to fill? :/

Confused. :( only reckon I'll reach 370 :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

You're getting averages and minimums mixed up man.

I dunno about the new direct entry arts, but if its anything like before 360 should be ok.

It'll be a max of around 360 on round one, if you get 360+ points you can harbour reasonable confidence you'll get arts in UCD.

Somehow got into my head that midpoint meant round 1 points.. Haha :/
    Makes perfect sense! Thank you :D

Advertisement