Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Born Again Christian Alcohol Rehab?

Options
  • 24-07-2012 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine went into a alcohol rehab centre for a year. He said its in Kildare and its run by the born again christians? Anyone know where this place is? Are visitors allowed into these sort of places? I wouldn't mind popping down just to visit him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

James__10 wrote: »
    A mate of mine went into a alcohol rehab centre for a year. He said its in Kildare and its run by the born again christians? Anyone know where this place is? Are visitors allowed into these sort of places? I wouldn't mind popping down just to visit him.

I don't know anything about the one in Kildare but I know about one of these places in Cork. In my view it's basically a brainwashing camp where you're encouraged not to leave until you've 'found Jesus'. The one I know of has no professionally qualified staff and no medical supervision. It is a cynical setup designed to indoctrinate vulnerable and desperate people and in regards visitation, I can't imagine they'd be all that welcoming to outsiders.
    OP a year is a crazy amount of time to have predetermined for a stay in rehab. I hope for your friend's sake this place in Kildare is not like the one in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Bassfish wrote: »
    I don't know anything about the one in Kildare but I know about one of these places in Cork. In my view it's basically a brainwashing camp where you're encouraged not to leave until you've 'found Jesus'. The one I know of has no professionally qualified staff and no medical supervision. It is a cynical setup designed to indoctrinate vulnerable and desperate people and in regards visitation, I can't imagine they'd be all that welcoming to outsiders.
    OP a year is a crazy amount of time to have predetermined for a stay in rehab. I hope for your friend's sake this place in Kildare is not like the one in cork.

If its cuain Mhuire in Kildare, would they be more open to visitors ?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Bassfish wrote: »

I honestly have no idea, it's normal for rehab places to not allow visitors for the first few weeks and then include family and close friends in the process. Guess you'll just have to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PaulDeBall

That's "Cuan Mhuire" - Mary's Harbour.

They encourage visitors - family, friends - at the weekends.
    Outside of them, by arrangement.

They are Catholic but not loonies.

HTH,

P

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Qurious

Hi,

I'm looking for this place too, a friend is with them. He told me the name, something like Vichie Audi in pronunciation, but as you see I don't know the spelling.

Did you ever find it? Does anybody know it by that name? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dohcom

Advertisement