Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the cheapest home phone service availible in Dundalk?

• 24-07-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

So I'm going to upgrade to Digiweb's metro broadband & phone service which includes fast internet and lots of free calls. So that's me sorted... right?

Unfortunately not, the problem is that I have an alarm system that sends a text message to my mobile phone if it goes off, and this requires a landline connection to work. I would just give up on it as I've realized it's pretty pointless in the first place, but it cost €200 to install so it would seem like a waste just to scrap it.

The package with Digiweb will cost €45 per month which is a decent saving on what I'm currently paying with Eircom. However, it seems like I'm going to have to keep the landline just for the alarm to work, which will cost and extra €25 for the most basic phone package (same price with Eircom or Digiweb), and this will end up being more expensive than what I'm currently paying and it would be even more wasteful paying 25pm for a phone that I'd never use.

So does anybody know what the absolute cheapest option for a basic line rental service is? Obviously the amount of calls and such things are irrelevant as I won't be using it for calls. The cheapest I've found is with UPC at only 6.10 per month but I don't know if it's available in the Dundalk area (Ravensdale to be precise). Can anybody confirm this or suggest and alternative? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

get a GSM dialler for the alarm.

No UPC cable in louth, otherwise you'd have it for your broadband.

Advertisement