Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thread closed.

• 24-07-2012 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Why was the Sunday spin thread closed? Can people not debate freely on here either? A member throws a wobbler & the thread gets closed. Bit childish really.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Go to the naughty step ya brat................:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kido Fazer 1

I didn't do anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

+1 reopen the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was not much of a debate Kido....last few posts nothing constructive, just **** talk. People joining "BOARDS.ie" purely to **** stir and add nothing to the topic thats whats really childish. Thread was hyjacked and then hyjacked again....

Whole thread was taken out of context with the advice I gave to a lad only on a bike 3 weeks, was not meant for advanced riders or the like.

Just start a new topic if you wanna organise a wee spin ;)

Isn't that what forums are for, agree, disagree, opinions ect. I still don't agree with giving road craft advice over the net as I said Gary, what works for some of us mightn't work for everyone else. I've seen people come off bikes listening to so called advice, that should be left to the instructors. I've more than 25 years experience on bikes & not once or ever will advice someone how to ride their bike. I've been asked many times but still refrain from it. Maybe that's just been old school.:)

• Advertisement

Point taken Tommy...so much is taken up wrong over the forums. That is why I did not disagree with you I am not experienced enough for that. I just tried to explain my post not that I needed too.

As for the advice if you read the thread from start to finish I did say its not my place (post not edited as you can see) to be giving advice on the other hand I actually know the chap and he was over in my house after doing his training, he asked me a direct question and I answered him. Would I take him out 1 to 1 and give him lessons and advice **** NO!

As I said the snippet of advice I was giving was given to me by smiler who is a bike instructor for 35yrs so its not as if I plucked it from the sky, obviously I watered it down and cant give the full postion, speed and gear scenario on here.

BTW>>>

On the other hand if I was as good on bikes as you are I would TRY to help people out, rather then create multiple threads on DIFFERENT FORUMS ripping the piss out of a chap who in all fairness was only trying to help someone from day one, and has taken the time to actually meet you on different occasions to say hello, all so him and his "OLD SCHOOL" buddies can laugh at another fellow biker. Why make it personal......

Good Luck. :confused:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

As I said the advice I was giving was given to me by smiler who is a bike instructor for 35yrs so its not as if I plucked it from the sky.
    I'd say Smiler assessed you 1st & then worked with you from there. See, what works for you.

Right, I'll leave at that, we could go on & on.

See you on the road sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

Hmmmm that was a bit silly lockin out the thread , was plain wonda-boy was only offering advice and obviously he would offer the advice that worked for him.

But here it is yet again the drawback of boards trolls and keyboard cowboys throwing their own specific brand of bull.

Im gonna quote me ole man, never thought id do that.

"When in Doubt, shut your mouth"

If its possible for the Mods to unlock the thread as i was gettin some decent tips from it , cheers lad

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pandorum

BTW>>>

On the other hand if I was as good on bikes as you are I would TRY to help people out, rather then create multiple threads on DIFFERENT FORUMS ripping the piss out of a chap who in all fairness was only trying to help someone from day one, and has taken the time to actually meet you on different occasions to say hello, all so him and his "OLD SCHOOL" buddies can laugh at another fellow biker. Why make it personal......

Good Luck. :confused:

I'll admit my course of action was not on but the simple truth we are trying to get across to you is, you do not have the experience to give this advice as think of it this way. New riders want to learn and if you give the wrong advice they could end up in a crash or even worse. New riders would break their comfort zone to keep up on a rideout and end up crashing. Let these new riders find their own comfort zone without pushing them beyond it too early.

Stating how to take corners and what gear or speed to be in from a fellow rider who has'nt the road experience is reckless. I understand your trying to help a fellow biker but i suggest you place the referral to smiler who has the experience to answer these questions so these new riders are safe on the roads.

Thats all we are tyring to get across here so lets hope you have listened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Pandorum wrote: »

I'll admit my course of action was not on but the simple truth we are trying to get across to you is, you do not have the experience to give this advice as think of it this way. New riders want to learn and if you give the wrong advice they could end up in a crash or even worse. New riders would break their comfort zone to keep up on a rideout and end up crashing. Let these new riders find their own comfort zone without pushing them beyond it too early.

Stating how to take corners and what gear or speed to be in from a fellow rider who has'nt the road experience is reckless. I understand your trying to help a fellow biker but i suggest you place the referral to smiler who has the experience to answer these questions so these new riders are safe on the roads.

For a user with only 3 posts you seem to think that you have all the answers.

People ask for all sorts of advice on these boards from where they could join a sports club to how to deal with a high mobile bill, and everything in between.

They get all sorts of different answers.

If you do not want to give advice, that is fine. Having a go at another poster is not on.

ATTACK THE POST NOT THE POSTER.

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »

People ask for all sorts of advice on these boards from where they could join a sports club to how to deal with a high mobile bill, and everything in between.

They get all sorts of different answers.

If you do not want to give advice, that is fine. Having a go at another poster is not on.

ATTACK THE POST NOT THE POSTER.

I see post counts seem to be an issue here over experience? Just because i don't post much does'nt make me out to have no experience regarding motorbikes does it? Best to close this account as i am clearly tarred the enemy here.

Whats this "WE" business Rory.....your post was purely to instigate an argument that you can then have a laugh about and link on OTHER forums.

If all the "OLD SCHOOL" were so interested in putting me right send a PM and say it. Sure they have my number!!

Nah, some people which I stupidly taught were friends just like taking the piss on here and OTHER forums at other peoples exspence. What I say or do has fcuk all to do with anyone else and vice visa. Well you can spurt crap and twist things all you want on that other dying forum with the same people posting over and over again keeping it alive (which you can bin my account BTW) but not on here you cant.

I am finished talking about this now 1 1/2 threads of pure ****e, that this forum can do without TBH. No more posts in this topic from me.

Well pandorum its a simple matter of respect for fellow posters, post count doesnt have anything to do with it but attacking other people who use the service as stated by the mod is simply not on.

as u said the way you went about your reply was kind of childish you would have received a better response had u offered advice instead of down playing someone elses.

Advice and information is always respected and accepted if its delivered in a helpful and respectful manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

134319957648.jpg

Anyone actually manage to get out on their motorbike today?!

Yup got out for a nice little burn earlier out to the Airport industrial estate ,have a job interview tomorrow so said id take a little ride out to check the distance and time scale...lovely day for ridin out small bit of wind nice and warm perfect bikin weather ..gonna do the same little run tomorrow again wooohoooo i love my life

Love a breeze going when I'm out on the bike, really cools you down.

Good luck with interview. You going to commute to work (assuming you wowed them lol!) on the bike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Love a breeze going when I'm out on the bike, really cools you down.

Aye, had a super spin home today. Everything just flowed!! :D

@pixie...how can ya not be wow,d on a bike ...best way to travel cant be doin wit traffic ...just checked the weather for tomorrow looks like the east coast is in for some nice weather again till the evening ....puuuuuuuurfick :D

Ah sure i know man, don't even have a car, go everywhere by bike :D

dying forum with the same people posting over and over again keeping it alive (

So i gather that forum bashing is quite normal in here is it? I would at the very least expect that bashing post be removed!! We can all bash forums but its so childish!! And by the way i run a vbulletin forum myself and i don't take too kindly when my forum is bashed on another forum!!

• Advertisement

So i gather that forum bashing is quite normal in here is it? I would at the very least expect that bashing post be removed!! We can all bash forums but its so childish!! And by the way i run a vbulletin forum myself and i don't take too kindly when my forum is bashed on another forum!!

I have not seen a post where another forum has been mentioned by name. Could you please direct me to that post, and I will deal with it.

Panda there wasnt a forum mentioned by name was only mentioned in passing as you can see from above the conversation has now moved on to a more jovial topic.

Please do not persist in either keeping the previous arguement going or trying to instigate another one as it wont be tolerated and will result in being reported for thread spoiling , much better when we all just come together on our love of bikes ........

Have a great day everyone ..weathers great again

Taking a spin up to Newry (Hein Gericke & Crossans) today via the N52 and backroads....such a lovely road to ride and gotta take the weather while we have it lads. Trying to get as much mileage outta my tyres before I change them.

I am in the car today, might have to collect my girl friend from work on my way home.
    Air-con FTW.

She not go on the back of the bike? ;)

Taking a spin up to Newry (Hein Gericke & Crossans) today via the N52 and backroads....such a lovely road to ride and gotta take the weather while we have it lads. Trying to get as much mileage outta my tyres before I change them.

Good roads them! Try the A28 from Newry, through Armagh and back down through Monaghan. That is a SAVAGE road. If you like the N52, you'll love this!

She not go on the back of the bike? ;)

She can and does.
    But, she has company today.

war_child wrote: »
    Have a great day everyone ..weathers great again

Yup! Had a savage blast coming in this morning! :cool:

Well lads just thought id fill you all in interview done and i am now once again a gainfully employed person , must have been the bike he just wants to see it parked outside the office everyday cheeky begger, was a lovely blast out to the job(i can say job now instead of interview) awesome weather.

And wonda-boy you make the most of those nice hot roads lad great bikin weather for learning proper corner taking ..(dig dig lol) only kiddin.

Welli think im off to get some more road time in lads aslong as the missus doesnt have anything more important for me to do :mad: ...be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

war_child wrote: »
    Well lads just thought id fill you all in interview done and i am now once again a gainfully employed person , must have been the bike he just wants to see it parked outside the office everyday cheeky begger, was a lovely blast out to the job(i can say job now instead of interview) awesome weather.

And wonda-boy you make the most of those nice hot roads lad great bikin weather for learning proper corner taking ..(dig dig lol) only kiddin.

Welli think im off to get some more road time in lads aslong as the missus doesnt have anything more important for me to do :mad: ...be good

Congrats on the new Job, you will have more money for petrol now:) so longer spins.

Popped out for an hour today myself. Im improving with each spin:cool: Im loving my HG gear so far. I thought I would be sweating like a one legged man in an arse kicking competition but so far its fine. I have to put it to a really wet day test yet though:)

Advertisement