Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rovers v Ekranus Second Leg

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'm a Derry fan and to be honest I get the feeling that most DCFC fans would take Kenny back no matter how often he leaves us.

If he comes back again, I ain't renewing my season ticket.

Never got why people do that tbh. You support the team regardless of the guy who's manager. Bohs fans were doing the same when Nutsy was appointed manager. How embarrassing for them!

Managers come and go, fans make the club. By not renewing your season ticket it just gives the manager even less of a chance of success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

To be honest, I probably still would! I'm full of hot air.

But I would not be happy.

Twice Kenny has left us to further his career, only to crawl back to us when he failed. He looks like he will be able to do it again, if DCFCs forum is anything to go by.

We as a club are basically saying "sure any time you want to head off to pastures new, feel free, we will be here waiting for you if you make a balls of it".

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I don't think rovers are out of the league yet; Sligo, Pats and Drogs will all drop points. I don't think they can make up the points with Kenny in charge though, the players aren't performing for him, and it's only going to get worse. Whether they take the plunge to get rid of him is the interesting thing.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

NIMAN wrote: »
    To be honest, I probably still would! I'm full of hot air.

But I would not be happy.

Twice Kenny has left us to further his career, only to crawl back to us when he failed. He looks like he will be able to do it again, if DCFCs forum is anything to go by.

We as a club are basically saying "sure any time you want to head off to pastures new, feel free, we will be here waiting for you if you make a balls of it".

What do you and in a separate question question the Derry fans in general, think of Declan Devine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

It's a disappointing night in Europe. No doubt about that. Our league's champion won't always get by this stage and unfortunately it's one of those years. If we can get through more often that not it'll be ok. We're not really in a position to expect better, only to hope for better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

BOHtox wrote: »
    What do you and in a separate question question the Derry fans in general, think of Declan Devine?

Again, like a SK return, he has split opinion.

I think we all wanted to give him a go at the start of the season when he got the job. He is Derry through and through. But unfortunately he has had a rough season so far. OK so we have been crippled by injuries, but we have also shown a lot of ill discipline this season and have picked up too many cards, thus putting further pressure on playing staff.

I often think he has been found out tactically. But then again I also think SK was too. He had a Plan A and nothing else, and couldn't change a game to counteract the opposition. Decky seems to try too hard to change things, in some games players have been played in 4 or 5 different positions. Thats hardly sensible and its like something you would see at U11 level. I think he is struggling and the crowds have dropped off terribly this season, and I am sure the board are looking at the lack of fans and worrying. We cannot continue with 1000 or less at home games. But the product being served up is not good and we have been rubbish at home this season.

I know Decky and I hate to say bad things about him, but I do worry that we will be dragged into a relegation fight soon. Many think you can't judge a man on half a season, but if given the full season I worry about where we might end up. Many agree with me, and most of them want Kenny back if he becomes available.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Tie was lost in Dublin. Should've been 2-0 or 3-0 ahead.

Advertisement