Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pippo Inzaghi retires

• 24-07-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭

Pippo Inzaghi has officially retired from football in order to become the new youth team Coach at Milan.

The striker’s contract expired in June and he had considered moving on to continue his playing career with the likes of Sion, Parma, Malaga, Montreal Impact and Atalanta reportedly interested in taking him on.

However, this afternoon Milan released a statement confirming the former hitman has been appointed the Coach of the youngest sector of their youth academy, the Allievi Nazionali.

http://www.football-italia.net/21503/inzaghi-joins-milan-staff

His last goal:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Legend!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He should probably grasp the concept of the off side rule before moving into coaching.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Is Filippo Inzaghi done?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Great news for Milan to keep him around the place. Will be a massive benefit to the youth teams too. Delighted.
    <3 Pippo, that last goal was pretty bloody nice too, and you can see how much it meant to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Legend of the game. The best poacher in his day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Seaneh wrote: »
    and you can see how much it meant to him.

Assuming this in tongue in cheek, he celebrated every bleedin goal like it was in a WC Final. Fair play to him.

And please, don't take this as some attack on Italian football, kthxby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Des wrote: »
    Assuming this in tongue in cheek, he celebrated every bleedin goal like it was in a WC Final. Fair play to him.

And please, don't take this as some attack on Italian football, kthxby

I mean it, the man was in tears, he always went mad when he scored, which is nice to see, shows he cares about his job, but the only other time I seen him that emotional was when he scored the 2 against Liverpool in 2007.

He knew it was his last goal for Milan so it meant so much to him. That's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

The only time I saw him live was in some fairly meaningless CL match against Celtic.

Milan were already through and guaranteed top spot, I think Celtic needed something from the game (though they made it through anyway in the end).

Pippo scored and went absolutely nuts celebrating. It later turned out he'd broken the European competition scoring record, but at the time I remember thinking 'pff typical Inzaghi'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Absolute legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All heart, loved the delight he took from every goal he scored. Legend for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Legend. Absolutely loved it when he rounded Reina in the CL final in 2007. One of the best one-on-one strikers ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Does he say 'Willy Wonka' at the beginning of that video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I will miss him greatly but what a great way for him to bow out. It would have been a crime for him to retire without scoring after his injury. The amount of late winners he has scored is unreal.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

he celebrated every bleedin goal like it was in a WC Final.
    I loved him purely for this reason.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

he celebrated every bleedin goal like it was in a WC Final.
    I loved him purely for this reason.
    The best out and out Italian striker since Rossi. Aboundless energy.

Milan academy will gain hugely from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My favourite striker of the past 15 years, hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I love strikers like Inzaghi. Lacking in physical ability, but used his brain and skill to win games. It was always entertaining to watch him do what seemed impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Good luck to him - quality striker!

The commentator deserves an honourable mention for that vid also!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I think the man was born offside, great player

Advertisement