Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying into a league using Paypal

Options
  • 24-07-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey all just a quick question im hoping someone can answer....

I'm organising a private league at the minute but im just having people pay through pay pal for it this year. Anyone that uses it, can they remind me of the best way to send a payment using pay pal?

Is it by sending the money as a "gift" that you avoid extra charges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

joe123 wrote: »
    Hey all just a quick question im hoping someone can answer....

I'm organising a private league at the minute but im just having people pay through pay pal for it this year. Anyone that uses it, can they remind me of the best way to send a payment using pay pal?

Is it by sending the money as a "gift" that you avoid extra charges?

If you have money in your paypal account and send as gift then you wont incur an extra charge. If you have no money in your account and the transfer is coming off your card then there is a charge.

I would suggest stating that the entry fee for the league is the amount you receive, and its up to people to take the hit on the paypal fee themselves or not depending on if they have money in their paypal account or not.

Eg if you want the league entry fee to be €20, and say the paypal fee to send this amount if you dont have money in your account is €2. Then people without money in their paypal account would pay €22, meaning you receive €20. Those with money on paypal would just send €20.

Hope that makes sense, I've gone a long winded way about explaining it I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any other way to pay than paypal?

Advertisement