Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid Testing Efficiency

Options
  • 24-07-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Anyone any tips for testing different liquids? I'm currently using an ego-c - just a few drops in the cartridge, empty, clean and start over before deciding what to use in carto/tank. Must be a setup that's easier for dipping in and out and testing different flavours?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Some normal 510 or 306 atties, and an appropriate drip tip?

Drip a couple of drops, vape, taste and repeat...can be a bit of a balls tho, that direct dripping, got some 306's today, over dripped, soaked my silver bullet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I've been using a 306 with a long drip tip for about a month now, I give it a good clean with vodka every few days and if I've been using a particularly potent juice I soak it overnight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

plus you have the problem that flavour is kinda better out of a dripping atty so what I found anyway was i'd have to make juices that tasted kinda too strong when I dripped them and they'd be fine in a cartomiser because the filler kinda mutes the flavour a little bit

but yeah like eeloe said regular old 510 or 306 dripping atty is great for that stuff, just be careful with real dark/strong tasting juices.. some of my coffees or menthols have ruined atties as i was never able to remove that flavour from them

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

There's very few juices that linger in an Imist. Not everyone's cup of tea but if you're fickle like me then they're great for switching flavours - simply plug in a new tank and the old flavour is gone in just a few toots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 luckyp

Sorry to hijack this thread - first time posting
    Husband bought me joytech 510 t recently & i find it is always on charge. batteries only last a couple of hours.
    anyone experience similar problem??

• Advertisement

yeah that is the problem with the 510's they last **** all time .. i think the batteries are only 200 mah? something tiny anyway

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/egobattery/SubProducts/egobattery900

an ego battery will last a lot longer.. a 650 mah oughta last you about 6 hours and a 900mah oughta last you a full day before needing to be charged.. obviously it depends on how often you vape during the day

an ego battery will work fine with your 510t atomisers, they are quite a bit bigger than the 510 batteries though

--edit

another option actually is to get a portable charging kit for your 510 battery
    it's a little box you charge at home and then when you're not using the 510 battery you put it in the box and it charges it.. or you can have one ecig in your pocket and one battery in the charging case and rotate them whenever the battery runs dry

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/accessories/pcc-for-joye-510-standard-/prod_202.html
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/accessories/pcc-for-joye-510-mega-/prod_203.html

one there for the standard or mega sizes of 510 batteries... honestly i'd say the ego battery would be your best bet. the 650 mah's aren't very big at all really and it'll last long enough that you wont be annoyed at having to recharge it too often

yeah that is the problem with the 510's they last **** all time .. i think the batteries are only 200 mah? something tiny anyway

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/egobattery/SubProducts/egobattery900

an ego battery will last a lot longer.. a 650 mah oughta last you about 6 hours and a 900mah oughta last you a full day before needing to be charged.. obviously it depends on how often you vape during the day

an ego battery will work fine with your 510t atomisers, they are quite a bit bigger than the 510 batteries though

--edit

another option actually is to get a portable charging kit for your 510 battery
    it's a little box you charge at home and then when you're not using the 510 battery you put it in the box and it charges it.. or you can have one ecig in your pocket and one battery in the charging case and rotate them whenever the battery runs dry

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/accessories/pcc-for-joye-510-standard-/prod_202.html
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/accessories/pcc-for-joye-510-mega-/prod_203.html

one there for the standard or mega sizes of 510 batteries... honestly i'd say the ego battery would be your best bet. the 650 mah's aren't very big at all really and it'll last long enough that you wont be annoyed at having to recharge it too often
    Thank you. Will definately look into it. To be honest some of these posts seem like double dutch to me. I always got my husband to order liquid for me. Seems like a lot of you diy!!! At present vaping apple flovour liquid 24mg.

i tried diy'ing for a while but i got sick of it :) didnt have the patience

everything's confusing at first especially something kinda technical like ecigs, best thing to do is just not worry about it and over time you'll naturally get more familiar with all the terms and everything

i tried diy'ing for a while but i got sick of it :) didnt have the patience

everything's confusing at first especially something kinda technical like ecigs, best thing to do is just not worry about it and over time you'll naturally get more familiar with all the terms and everything
    Yes I am easily confused!! Amazed at how many people use ecigs now. Thanks for replies - will check out link you sent re batteries :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Thanks. Never actually used a dripping atty before... will give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

306 atty for me too for testing or sometimes 901's, also flavour is quite nice on those
    tbs does 306 + driptip for about 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 13 charliej

You have to be careful testing a ready liquid with nic.
    (I usually taste liquids without nic when I'm mixing but it's a different story.)

So most of the test packs what the manufactures offers contains nic. That's usually between 6-12mg.
    That's sometimes an issue if you want to test more different liquids.

Someones drinking water, someone milk.
    Between two tests, drink some water, or milk. That will kinda recondition your tasting.

I wouldn't taste more than 5 flavours in one go.
    I won't remember and on the end I won't able to feel the right flavour.
    (Also the nic content could be higher than what you use.)

I use an clean 510 lr atomizer, where about 2 drops are enough to check a liquid.
    (Or I directly drop on the wick of the Genesis which will give more flavour.)

I test liquids different time of the day and for couple of days.
    Sometimes I really go serious and I put just numbers on my bottle. Than I rate the liquids, put it on different paper every time. I sum the ratings on the end.

Liquids are changing time to time, depends on the light and heat.
    If you test a freshly mixed liquid, the flavour will be more likely different a bit in a week time if you keep it in a warm place.
    Most of the liquids required a week or two to get the right flavour out.
    Once you like a liquid flavour, than keep it in a cold dark place to stop the mature. (This is not an issue in Ireland!)
    If you travel where the weather is much warmer, it's essential to keep the liquids in a cool place.

And lastly always shake the liquid very well before you taste it.

I'm wondering if anybody will get to the end of this... :p

Advertisement