Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Casuals 28/7/12

Options
  • 24-07-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

If there's a way to edit the original post of a thread, I don't seem to know it or have it, so forgive this pseudo-duplicate. Now that I can confirm it much earlier than I did last week, I'd like to let you all know that my place is open for casuals in Cork this Saturday evening if anyone's up for them! I've got a PS3 and 360, and a copy of SFIV and UMvC3. We'll happily play other games if someone would bring along a copy for us to use. Any time after 6 is good for me, so come as you wish. If it'd suit you to arrive earlier, then feel free to do so. (Though try not to leave it too late if you can!) The venue is near the county hall, but PM me for the address. Hope to see you there! - Sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

I'd be up for some games. If you wanna PM with Directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'll be in. I'll come as early as others are. What's the story regarding space at your place for more setups? I can bring in the monitor if someone brings another console.

I could bring my Ps3 along if you need another set up. I play on Pad so would rather play on Ps3 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

I might be able to come. Could you PM me with directions?

If I do come over, I'll be bringing SoulCalibur V and a PS3 controller. I can bring my PS3 as well, if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

mackg wrote: »
    I'll be in. I'll come as early as others are. What's the story regarding space at your place for more setups? I can bring in the monitor if someone brings another console.

We have two monitors already, one for the 360, the other for the PS3. Those two are fairly close together, but if we were to have a third, we could likely make room for it, though it might not be as close by as the others are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

i can bring a xbox if need............ ohhhh yeah ill come along too

Forgive the double post, but an important update.

Thanks to some complications, I've good news and some bad news. The bad news is that we'll have to close up shop at 9:30pm, which might be pretty early for some of you. The good news is that we can open up a little earlier, at 5pm!

Hope that's not too much of a problem for anyone!

Was this meant to go in here?

We need to sort out what's being brought too, I'll bring the monitor so we need one more console of some description. There is no point in the three of ye bringing consoles if we only have 1 spare monitor. If it's only the 4 of us that posted in this thread attending then we don't even need the extra console.

We need coordination when it comes to equipment for casuals so if you're planning on attending always post in the thread. If on the day people can't make it that's grand, it happens but it would suck to have a good turnout and be short on set-ups because people left stuff they could have brought at home because they thought it wasn't needed.

I'll just bring my Ps3 Controller then. I'll be there around 5pm then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I should be along for this. If misty was coming we could start to store some of the stuff in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

raah! wrote: »
    I should be along for this. If misty was coming we could start to store some of the stuff in the city.

I left the monitor with mackg after the last set of casuals at his place.

I'll be coming along too, don't worry.

• Advertisement

This is on tomorrow, just reminding everyone! So what we have thus far are:

- Six people confirmed, including myself.
    - Three monitors.
    - An Xbox and two PS3s.

Pop by when you wish, but I'll have to finish up at 9:30 (cripes, I must have been tired when I posted in the <i>wrong thread</i>) thanks to a once-off clash in my timetable. Let's have fun!

Any chance of meeting up at the Myrdkye before hand, First time heading out for casuals.

Sure! I'll meet you outside there at the Mardyke arena. Call me on my phone once you're in the neighbourhood. Call as soon as you like: I'll be there from 4:40 'til 5.

Nevflinn wrote: »
    Sure! I'll meet you outside there at the Mardyke arena. Call me on my phone once you're in the neighbourhood. Call as soon as you like: I'll be there from 4:40 'til 5.

Cool Cool, Live out in Douglas so :P See you tomorrow

The most fail of news, I need to work tonight so I'm gonna have too pull out guys. Sorry Manager brought it up last minute

A brief calamity, everyone - for reasons incomprehensible, my phone seems to have been blocked. Not a single call can get through or past it!

Sorry again for the mishap!

GGs today lads, will definitely be up for some Marvel at the next session! Thanks for having us Sam.

Also it is now clear that Anto is ducking casuals because he is afraid of my beast Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

mackg wrote: »
    GGs today lads, will definitely be up for some Marvel at the next session! Thanks for having us Sam.

Also it is now clear that Anto is ducking casuals because he is afraid of my beast Cody.

Sorry Gary I'll body your cody with mine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

I just got AE last week and I play Cody too. Oh God.

Advertisement