Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballina Councillor slams Rodside strawberry sellers

Options
  • 24-07-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

From here

My understanding is that there is a long standing law that allows roadside traders to sell strawberries similar to the rights of villages etc to have fair days etc that is exempt from current planning.

Anyone any insight on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

afaik no link between fairdays and planning.

I don't think there is any legal authority for those strawberry sellers. As the Cllr said, they are a traffic hazard.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

nuac wrote: »
    As the Cllr said, they are a traffic hazard.
    More accurately, the f*cking idiots who park all over the road to buy from them are a traffic hazard - but I take your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Where do the sellers go to the toilet and more importantly, where do they wash their hands after?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Where do the sellers go to the toilet and more importantly, where do they wash their hands after?

every other food stall needs HSE/FSA approval , do these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

PogMoThoin wrote: »

I think we are into what the american politician called known unknowns,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

I didn't realise I was opening a can of worms on this one. :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've no problem with them, they usually set up in spots that don't interfere with traffic for the most part from what I've seen.

Advertisement