Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are pitbull terriers vicious

Options
  • 24-07-2012 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Ive read allot about the american pitbull terrier, some people have told me that they are born to fight well known as fighting dogs there jaws lock they are bad with children .

Can anyone tell me if all that is true

id like to know what the real truth is ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

They are a kind and loving dog if you care for them and treat them right, If you neglect them or mistreat them they are the same as any dog. No dogs jaw can "lock" it's all a load of rubbish. The reason they get some much hype is because they are so loyal, they were once known as the nanny dog as they are so good with kids. They will do anything for you which is why people can train them to fight or as protection dogs. I have owned two and would'nt get any other dog as a pet. One of mine is a rescue dog she was bred for dog fighting and was abused as a pup and is the most kind and loving dog i have owned. I would'nt advise getting one though unless you have alot of experience with dogs. Training them can be difficult for some people and they can be dog/animal aggressive and you don't want to have an untrained pitbull they are very strong. They need to know their place in the pack or they will walk all over you. Great dog if you have alot of time for them though.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement